Thread: Sonic Lost World

Level
    I'll be waiting so I can download that demo (if the rumor is true)

Level
    Uh, it was actually the japanese version of Sonic Lost World that already came out yesterday so the japanese demo version of it came out. While I checked the 3DS eShop as my 3DS is a North American version, Sonic Lost World is there only saying 3DS Retail/Download and also said that it's coming to eShop with the same NA release date so maybe the NA demo will come out right when the NA release of Lost World comes out.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Level
    Why launch a demo on the day the full game comes out? Why not just send out a demo now since they can just use the E3 one?

Husbando to a special kitty~♥

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    Uh, it was actually the japanese version of Sonic Lost World that already came out yesterday so the japanese demo version of it came out. While I checked the 3DS eShop as my 3DS is a North American version, Sonic Lost World is there only saying 3DS Retail/Download and also said that it's coming to eShop with the same NA release date so maybe the NA demo will come out right when the NA release of Lost World comes out.
    The Japanese demo came out around two weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex The Kitsune View Post
    Grrr those brits.
    They be gettin' their hands on the game.
    TSDUDE YOU BETTER NOT BE LAUGHING RIGHT NAO
    HAHAHAHA!
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    (Rolls on the floor laughing while tears drop from his eyes).
    Looks like the "Brits" win again... (SNIGGERS)

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Welp, I got Lost World yesterday for the 3DS, and I must say, it's really good. The story is really good with actual character development (character development in Sonic?! Yes ladies and gentlemen they've done it) and a plot. The Deadly Six are written quite well and are an actual threat, making them not just some monsters of the week foes that are cartoony and lame (coughTTAcough).

Haven't been able to finish yet, though. I'm on the sixth zone at the moment. This is a must-get title for the 3DS, at the very least. I'm sure it's a must-get title for the Wii U too, but I can't speak for the Wii U version as I don't have a Wii U.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    If I had the Wii U version, I wouldn't pick up Pokemon Y for like a week.

Husbando to a special kitty~♥

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer View Post
    Welp, I got Lost World yesterday for the 3DS, and I must say, it's really good. The story is really good with actual character development (character development in Sonic?! Yes ladies and gentlemen they've done it) and a plot. The Deadly Six are written quite well and are an actual threat, making them not just some monsters of the week foes that are cartoony and lame (coughTTAcough).
    By the time a Sonic game has a good plot, we would have a 89th president.
    Looking at some of the cutscenes myself, these guys look like asswipe pokemon. Their design and personalities are so overused, I can easily tell you each of their personalities right now( I forgot their stupid names but I'm sure you'll know how I'm talking about:
    Zavok: Same old leader of the group, is strong, acts vulgar
    That Emo: This is easily self-explanatory son, this pushover even has a flower in his hands
    That old guy: Funny how in most animes and mangas I read/watch, there's always that one person who is wise one all of the time
    That fat one: Do I have to explain? okay, I will, he's stupid and barely thinks( I wonder where I've seen this before)
    The purple one: That energetic guy, he's crazy(literallly) and is always on end( again where have I seen this?)
    That girl: I don't even, there's always have to be a 'quiet, but deadly' girl in each group, they can even be tsunderes.

And yeah, I hate to say it, but TTA's right, their you're run-of-the-mill generic bad guys.

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by STCPhoton View Post
    The purple one: That energetic guy, he's crazy(literallly) and is always on end( again where have I seen this?)
    The purple guy is my favourite, he looks like a character that should be in Soul Eater as he's clearly lost his sanity.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Sonic Dash now has... http://segabits.com/blog/2013/10/31/...-limited-time/ Yup. A Boss battle from Sonic Lost World to Sonic Dash. Oh yeah, STC...

Quote Originally Posted by STCPhoton View Post
    Their design and personalities are so overused, I can easily tell you each of their personalities right now( I forgot their stupid names but I'm sure you'll know how I'm talking about:
    Zavok: Same old leader of the group, is strong, acts vulgar
    That Emo: This is easily self-explanatory son, this pushover even has a flower in his hands
    That old guy: Funny how in most animes and mangas I read/watch, there's always that one person who is wise one all of the time
    That fat one: Do I have to explain? okay, I will, he's stupid and barely thinks( I wonder where I've seen this before)
    That girl: I don't even, there's always have to be a 'quiet, but deadly' girl in each group, they can even be tsunderes.
    Oh, well I'm not sure about Zor. I mean sure maybe he acts emo, but the only way to be really emo is cutting themselves. Still, I don't see what's really a point of calling characters emos such as Shadow, Sasuke, Kouji ( The one from Digimon Frontier ), Gaara, Vegeta, Neji, Kaiba, MetaKnight, Raven ( Teen Titans ), Death The Kid, Zoro ( One Piece ), Light Yagami, Squall Leonhart, etc. They don't really cut themselves but in the girls' view, they see them as bad boys which is most of the girls' favorite type of boys.

If they also see them as emos, they STILL like those characters. I mean really? Thinking about how much I see silly and funny fan comics and fan praise about the official characters from the fangirls, actually made me see that they LIKE emos the most. What kind of screwed up society is this? Are girls really THAT picky on what favorite type of boy that they like? Seriously, our generation and society is still immature and ignorant as many little kids are spoiled and short tempered. Some teens out there, however still has problems with/to themselves.

And yes, true that Master Zik is like almost every other anime characters that seems to be the "smartest" character of the cast, like Master Roshi and such. As for Zomom, yeah it's pretty obviously true that he's a glutton, dull-witted and slow. The writers aren't making the food jokes very funny to me either, but this game IS supposed to be targeted at kids and teens at the same time, but I see this as more targeted to kids.

Zazz...Reminds me of Tazmanian from Looney Tunes, except more crazier. Zeena...Okay, she's probably one of those kind of yet another "fashion perfect" stereotypes or whatever seen as she's pretty selfish on always concentrating on her nail art, flipping her hair and even shaking her hips when walking. And lastly, for Zavok...He's er, yeah just a leader that makes sure everything's in check and in order. If it was the Deadly 5, then they would've already be another "Ginyu Force" Sonic has to face down, until he fights Doctor Freezaman next.

Yeah I admit...Those personalities like Shadow's, Sasuke's, Neji's, Gaara, Koji's, Vegeta's, Seto Kaiba's, & Raven's may be a bit overused in most of the characters seeing as how many animes with characters are called "emo" by fans. Yet many people don't really like energetic and cheerful people. Even if they're loud, I think that's why most of them hate Amy Rose, Naruto ( As in the character ), Daisuke Motomiya and Tagiru Akashi so much too even if those characters grows up but sadly...Most of the Sonic characters DIDN'T grow up so much.

At least Tails gains more self confidence after saying to himself that he can't keep depending on Sonic forever since Sonic Adventure. Shadow gets over his past, but yet still acts like an asshole. As for Sonic...How does he deal with his mistake? Well, let's list those here as from what Roger said:

1. Blame it on someone else.
    2. Mock that person
    3. Trivalize my friend's worries by one-upping him.
    4. Joking about the mistake to deflect guilt ( I don't even notice Sonic joking about his mistake at all in any of the cut scenes, but not sure if Sonic joked about it )
    5. Be a hypocrite. (...Huh?)
    6. Not learning any lessons.

So technically, yeah Sonic seems like he DOESN'T learn his lesson from acting before he thinks, but why does everyone expect any characters to change so much? Even from their problems? Why? Sure it's really nice and interesting to see what the characters' problems & flaws are and see them overcome and grow up from it, but most of the Sonic characters than Tails who overcomes his low self esteem on doing things himself, doesn't seem to grow up or overcome anything either. Oh yeah I forgot to mention Blaze. She DID overcome and grow up from a problem she had ever since Sonic Rush, but I forgot much about the game's plot so I can't remember what her problem was.

The 3DS gameplay, I'm gonna get it for 3DS on Christmas. Though the background of each level was completely rendered in 3D that Sonic Team FINALLY cares about making their background in levels look very good.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...