Thread: Sonic Lost World

Level
    Notice how easy it is to compare the deadly six to other villains, you also all know it's the same argument as Shadow ripped off Vegeta, right? You can complain all you wamt, nothing is gonna change.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post
    Notice how easy it is to compare the deadly six to other villains, you also all know it's the same argument as Shadow ripped off Vegeta, right? You can complain all you wamt, nothing is gonna change.
    That's the thing, I can "complain", but I'm still making a viable point, SEGA's content is old and they should feel bad it is.
    If you want to give me another infraction on this post Sky, be my guest.

Level
    So, I've played through Lost World 3DS. I really enjoyed it. It's definitely a must-have game. The story was great (far better than Colors which was downright babyish, not saying that's bad per se) with an actual plot and character development, as I've said before. Good graphics and actual 3D levels on the 3DS make the gameplay feel very deep and fun to play.

Review:
    More in-depth review with spoilers, do not open if you don't want to be spoiled (3DS version)

Sonic Lost World. One controversial game. Eggman isn't the big bad guy throughout the game; the Deadly Six are. Eggman has a comeback at the end, though, so it's not like Eggman doesn't get any spotlights. He's also very prominent in the story throughout the entire game, so yeah. Enough of this, let's get straight to in-depth reviewing.

Story: Fantastic. The story is great! Sonic has flaws. There's misunderstandings between Sonic and Tails (Tails: "No, you don't. You trust Eggman more!"). We see new sides to Eggman's personality (Sonic: "One moment you're contemplating genocide, the next you're saving one of your worst enemies!" Eggman: "I'm a...complicated guy."). Tails is kidnapped midgame, and Amy and Knuckles are presumed dead (Amy: "I---I'm sorry...I ne-never got to say..."), along with Eggman (Eggman: "Nooooo!" Sonic: Egg...man...?") around endgame.

Sonic loves trolling the Deadly Six, in a good way. Yes, in Colors and Generations you see Sonic's cocky attitude, but in those games they were not that greatly written and instead of making Sonic feel like he had an attitude, it was more like he was an annoying cocky bastard who took absolutely nothing seriously. In Lost World, we see Sonic's loneliness (Sonic: "Amy? ...Knuckles? ...anybody?") and anger (Sonic: "Of those ROTTEN, SNEAKY---!") and sorrow (Sonic: "and the whole world's in danger because I did something stupid! You know how much that bites?") from his mistakes and from the Deadly Six's actions (they leech the life from Sonic's world, killing Amy and Knuckles).

The Deadly Six are very fun characters. I like how Zavok messes with Sonic. I like how Zomom twacks Sonic with an oversized sub. I like how Sonic disrespects Zik and Zazz (Zazz: "Are you disrespecting me?" Sonic: "Maybe." Zazz: "I know of the perfect spot to take care of you!" Sonic: "That's funny, because I know of the perfect spot to kick you!"). I love how Sonic simply makes a parody of Zeena's typical teenage personality (Zeena: "The last time we met, you ruined my nail art. Now I have to apply a whole new coat!" Sonic: "Oh my gosh, are you serious? I'm so, so sorry." Zeena: "Oh, in that case..." Sonic: "Oh, sorry, what I meant to say was: I'm so sorry that you have nothing better to do in life.").

Unlike Colors and Generations, the story is filled with action. That's right folks, Sonic and Tails aren't just sitting down or walking and simply talking. They're acting, moving, and fighting, and getting hurt. Action, action, action! You'll have a good time with the story.

Gameplay: Great! Parkour is fun! I love running up, down, and all around walls and walljumping. If you're skilled enough, you can break through some puzzles, (e.g. Frozen Factory Act 2) with parkour easily! Parkour is really fun to use, and Sonic's enhanced moves are fun to use as well. The Multi-Target Homing Attack is a treat, even though sometimes it locks on to things you don't want it to. The Supercharge Homing Attack and the Wind Kick adds a strategic mix into the game, and the run button adds an extra level of control. The double jump is pretty good too. The spindash is very fast and with enough skill, you can blaze through levels in no time. Boost lovers, don't fret, this is the new boost, now with a more classic animation, more control, more speed, and no limit. Lost World essentially uses a brand new engine, so collision and how things work feel a little off, but given time, you'll get used to it.

Overall: I love this game. It has a couple kinks here and there, but it's by no means bad. I fully recommend this to everyone that has a 3DS.

Final Verdict: 9.5/10
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    From looking in Sky's spoiler, I have to say that this game now seems more interesting to me especially the story. I'll definitely play it to see how it's like.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    I have finished the 3DS version and hum... it looks better than the WiiU one!
    Some levels are kinda hard (Frozen Factory 3, Im looking at you!) But it's fun in overhall, and Super Sonic is playable in levels!!!
    And unlike wiiU version, you get the chaos emerwods in special stages, and not by collecting these damn red rings, who are useless in 3ds ver.
    The color powers of the 3ds are kinda cool, the quake power is a bit hard to control, but usefull to beat a lot of enemies. The most useless color power is probably the red burst. We can see it only on lava mountain 1, and windy hill 2.
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow"Dashy"Dash View Post
    The color powers of the 3ds are kinda cool, the quake power is a bit hard to control, but usefull to beat a lot of enemies. The most useless color power is probably the red burst. We can see it only on lava mountain 1, and windy hill 2.
    It's in Sky Road Act 3 as well, and one or maybe two boss battles. Wisp powers certainly aren't as prominent in Lost World as Colors was.

Oh, and the elemental shields are in the 3DS version as part of the normal stage designs. They're very useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow"Dashy"Dash View Post
    I have finished the 3DS version and hum... it looks better than the WiiU one!
    It's because of the graphics right?
    Right...?

If the Wii U wasn't so expensive then, I'd get the game on that console.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Well it IS nice that Sonic has emotion in his voice again, but still, like I said in the previous post of page 77, just...Look at ALSO how Sonic handles his mistakes and even though the rest of the things here.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Level
    Character development, humor, beautiful areas; I love this game. I'll play all the stages any day!

Husbando to a special kitty~♥

dage4 EX Unregistered
    Review...sorta
    This review is sort-of aiming at the Wii U version. I haven't played the 3DS version yet, so yeah.

STORY
    Honestly, the story felt really bland. The story starts with Sonic, Tails, and Eggman fighting in the air, with no such reason whatsoever. Because of this, they end up crashing down into this planet called "Lost Hex". Knuckles and Amy show up out of nowhere, with no reason, again. The Deadly Six are controlled by Eggman, until Sonic kicks it out of his hand. The Deadly Six COULD be somewhat of a threat, but, personally, I thought that they weren't really much of a threat. I can't really say much, because I don't really know why they don't really seem like a threat. Just, so many things happen for no reason, and as such, it feels bland.

Gameplay
    The gameplay is decent...sometimes. The parkour system is okay, although it's really buggy..sometimes. One example is Windy Hill 3. If you just go right first, and go around a corner, you just fall off. But, if you go straight up and then jump to the right, it works just like that. It doesn't make sense. Some gameplay gimmicks really suck, so I just guessed that they were there just for the heck of it. And god they are terrible. The snowball in Frozen Factory 2 can just go die in a fire. The wisps also suck ducks in this game. Now, most of them can only be controlled by the gamepad. Of course, I'm just guessing that Nintendo just wanted them to do it, which is a really bad idea. I'm just glad you don't need most of them, though. Honestly, I had fun with some of the levels, which include Frozen Factory 3 and 1, Desert Ruins 1, 2, and 3, Windy Hill 4, 2, and 1, Lava Mountain 3, Silent Forrest 2, and maybe some more. Gameplay isn't really that much fun when it comes for most of the levels, though. The boss fights are really EASY, though, besides Frozen Factory 2.

MUSIC
    Do I really need to explain this?

PRESENTATION
    With a smooth 60fps, beautiful graphics, and some other things, it feels and looks great.

THINGS THAT ARE RELATED TO GAMEPLAY
    Red Rings can also die in a fire. And all just for Super Sonic. Some reasons why I collected all of the red rings in Generations was because of how you got rewards for collecting them. In this game, they do nothing but unlock super sonic, which is once again, useless in this game. I never really bothered to do all the Omachao missions, and collect all the RC things, because I am not interested in doing such things. Of course, you need to collect a certain amount of flickies in order to actually beat the game. I wondered why they needed to do this concept. Also, who in the world likes Modern Sonic in 2D. I haven't play multiplayer, yet, so no word on that. Of course, the only options they have this time are the language options, and if you want to change the volume of the game or what not, guess what? YOU ARE SCREWED. Also, you can only watch the cutscenes once

Honestly, I thought the game was sort-of bland in quite a lot of areas. In my opinion, I thought it was only worth about 15 dollars at max, and not 50. If you want me to recommend you this game, I can't really do so. It's one of those games where you have to try it out to see if you like it or not. GG