Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS

That little country hidden on the left of Spain that no one cares about. a.k.a Portugal
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    Mew's cute, Mewtwo's badass. You should've even seen that first Pokemon movie.
    I did. Still have it on VHS.
    What I'm trying to get to is, I think Mewtwo is very overrated. Let's analyze him for a second, shall we?
    As a Pokémon he was strong, very. And I understand how that might've gotten some people to like him but for me being 'strong' isn't enough to make a character likeable. But he is so bland, his character design is poor comparing to some other Gen1 Pokémon, has no personality to him and when it comes to the competitive battle side, you'll probably never see a Mewtwo being played on championships. Why? Because he's even considered weak right now compared to other Pokémon, completely throwing aside the "oh but he's strong" argument.
    Just putting my opinion out there though.

*le burp*

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    OFFTOPIC: This thread is slightly f***ed up (censored it for Kupo-kun's sake). Won't say how.
    ONTOPIC: Even if Meowtoo, Mewchu, Mewtwo or whatever the f*** he's called was to make a surprising appearance in this game, Little Mac will crush him.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    ...#Mewtwo sucks.
    WOW. Okay, OKAY.

1. Fan demand

2. It's just that I like Mewtwo, okay? I'll still get SSB4 even if he's NOT in it. Mewtwo should've gotten more praise than every other Pokemon.

3. #Mewtwosucks. ROFL. You must be kidding. You don't even know how powerful of a Pokemon he REALLY is. He's the strongest Pokemon out of all. And yet he got Mega evolutions. There are WAY more things that are badass about him than you think. You probably hate Mewtwo because he's 2DARKANDEDGY4U. Well Mewtwo ain't really emo.
    1. I don't see many people complaining that MewTwo wasn't in Brawl.

2. Arguable, people have their opinions. Mewtwo is a bit unlikable to me, I just can't put my finger on it.

3. "I must be kidding?" No, I'm dead serious. It's my opinion, I hate him.
    "You don't know how much of a powerful pokemon he really is." Actually, yeah I do, and that doesn't really help your argument nor does it relate to anything we're talking about.
    And just because you THINK a character is badass doesn't mean they should remain a staple for the series.
    2DARKANDEDGY4U? What? I don't think he's either. Mewtwo was only a villain in the first one because he had bad intentions, but in the sequel he was cool and collected. And I don't give a crap if he's dark and edgy, I just hate him as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609
    Then how do you not acknowledge how awesome of a badass Mewtwo is? And Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon.
    Mewtwo is badass, but not in my eyes. I think he's cool, but I think he should remain in melee.
    I understand mew is the ancestor of all pokemon, I was just saying that nobody was talking about him until you brought him up.

Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609
    Melee is old dude. I'm not even sure about the Wii U Homebrew either, but everyone's looking foward to it anyway. And the reason why they don't want to bring Mewtwo back is because they failed to port over his Melee Mewtwo to Brawl, just like with Roy, Pichu, Dr. Mario and Young Link.
    1. No shit. I don't think you get sarcasm.
    2. The reason they didn't include those characters was because they wanted to introduce some new ones, and there wouldn't be enough room for all of them.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex The Kitsune View Post

2. The reason they didn't include those characters was because they wanted to introduce some new ones, and there wouldn't be enough room for all of them.
    1. Ever ONCE visit brawl vault?

1a. I don't think you are one to talk about getting sarcasm

2. honestly, a good and true point, I'll hand you that.

Also, try to avoid cussing towards members, that goes for everyone.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kods4 View Post
    I did. Still have it on VHS.
    What I'm trying to get to is, I think Mewtwo is very overrated. Let's analyze him for a second, shall we?
    As a Pokémon he was strong, very. And I understand how that might've gotten some people to like him but for me being 'strong' isn't enough to make a character likeable. But he is so bland, his character design is poor comparing to some other Gen1 Pokémon, has no personality to him and when it comes to the competitive battle side, you'll probably never see a Mewtwo being played on championships. Why? Because he's even considered weak right now compared to other Pokémon, completely throwing aside the "oh but he's strong" argument.
    Just putting my opinion out there though.
    Mewtwo, is indeed overrated. People like Mewtwo because he's strong and yet the Shadow fangirls like Shadow because he's "strong" & "powerful". So Sonic has less fangirls than Shadow. Yet Knuckles is strong, so how the hell does Knuckles have less fangirls then? Because of the problems SEGA/Sonic Team did to Knuckles. I only bought up Shadow to compare it to the discussion of Mewtwo. Probably Mewtwo's the most strongest and powerful Pokemon only for Kanto Pokemon. Of course, his face often broods, same for Umbreon who is a perpetual frowner only in Pokemon Amie. I still like Umbreon though. Atleast Mewtwo's design is unique than the original Mew...Maybe not that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Dude View Post
    ONTOPIC: Even if Meowtoo, Mewchu, Mewtwo or whatever the f*** he's called was to make a surprising appearance in this game, Little Mac will crush him.
    Then say that to Dante from Devil May Cry (Not the reboot). He's clearly immortal, so how is Little Mac gonna kill him? Dante seems pretty impossible to defeat. Yet many people see him as badass. Of course, if we're talking about Super Smash Bros sense, then yeah because it's a video game where Dante can be defeated. His final smash would be the Devil Trigger. Hell, It'd be awesome if Dante were in SSB4. Still, Dante is powerful and stronger than Mewtwo. Actually, when you think about the fact of he's being immortal, he's clearly OP, yet there's...Something else that makes him good. Yet I can't lay a finger on it. Even Nero can't stand a chance against Dante if Dante was fighting him seriously.

Mewtwo fans do.

2. Arguable, people have their opinions. Mewtwo is a bit unlikable to me, I just can't put my finger on it.
    ...K.

3. "I must be kidding?" No, I'm dead serious. It's my opinion, I hate him.
    "You don't know how much of a powerful pokemon he really is." Actually, yeah I do, and that doesn't really help your argument nor does it relate to anything we're talking about.
    And just because you THINK a character is badass doesn't mean they should remain a staple for the series.
    Then why the hell do characters like, Dante, Shadow, Vergil, Nero, Lucario, Forte, Forte.EXE, Zero, Rogue (Megaman Star Force), etc. gets to remain a "staple" of their own series?

2DARKANDEDGY4U? What? I don't think he's either. Mewtwo was only a villain in the first one because he had bad intentions, but in the sequel he was cool and collected. And I don't give a crap if he's dark and edgy, I just hate him as a whole.
    I only said how much powerful of a Pokemon he is because, depending on how strong/powerful the character is makes it badass, like the character who can take a punch and/or who is calm in every situation, as long as it's not too OP. Because without a character being powerful/strong and/or being calm in every situation, how would a character be a badass anyway? Batman is still a badass because he's strong, even without super powers. Mewtwo's bad intentions, only involves revenge. Even characters can be harasses by pulling something off that's hard to do in real life or by what they do and what stand for.

Mewtwo is badass, but not in my eyes. I think he's cool, but I think he should remain in melee.
    I understand mew is the ancestor of all pokemon, I was just saying that nobody was talking about him until you brought him up.
    So let's see...Half of the people here hate Mewtwo...I can understand that reason. Yet nobody here cared about Mewtwo anyway.

So there won't be enough room for all the characters we all want for SSB4? I swear I heard something about failing to port Mewtwo over to Super Smash Bros Brawl since I was looking over the SSBB beta...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post
    1. Ever ONCE visit brawl vault?
    That, too. Yes. Brawl Vault indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post
    1a. I don't think you are one to talk about getting sarcasm
    Huh...?
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Level
    Responding to things that Mazefire said
    Mewtwo, is indeed overrated. People like Mewtwo because he's strong and yet the Shadow fangirls like Shadow because he's "strong" & "powerful". So Sonic has less fangirls than Shadow. Yet Knuckles is strong, so how the hell does Knuckles have less fangirls then? Because of the problems SEGA/Sonic Team did to Knuckles. I only bought up Shadow to compare it to the discussion of Mewtwo. Probably Mewtwo's the most strongest and powerful Pokemon only for Kanto Pokemon. Of course, his face often broods, same for Umbreon who is a perpetual frowner only in Pokemon Amie. I still like Umbreon though. At least Mewtwo's design is unique than the original Mew...Maybe not that much.
    It's not just strength that draws a fan-girl's attention it is also looks and personality. Also it is all a matter of interpretation (also Knuckles doesn't even have that ~badass~ attraction to him like Shadow does).

Then say that to Dante from Devil May Cry (Not the reboot). He's clearly immortal, so how is Little Mac gonna kill him? Dante seems pretty impossible to defeat. Yet many people see him as badass. Of course, if we're talking about Super Smash Bros sense, then yeah because it's a video game where Dante can be defeated. His final smash would be the Devil Trigger. Hell, It'd be awesome if Dante were in SSB4. Still, Dante is powerful and stronger than Mewtwo. Actually, when you think about the fact of he's being immortal, he's clearly OP, yet there's...Something else that makes him good. Yet I can't lay a finger on it. Even Nero can't stand a chance against Dante if Dante was fighting him seriously.
    What are you on about? How is this related to SSB4? I'm talking about if Mewtwo was to come back to SSB now, he'll be pulverised by Little Mac (gameplay wise). I couldn't give a "levitating truck" about Dante right now as he has no relation to SSB at the moment (this doesn't mean that I dislike the DMC games). Plus game characters do not always have all of the same game physics and characteristics from their game in another game, e.g. Dante is now in Project-X Zone a 3ds crossover game that combines Capcom, Namco Bandai and something else, Dante is not as strong in this game as he is in his own games.

Then why the hell do characters like, Dante, Shadow, Vergil, Nero, Lucario, Forte, Forte.EXE, Zero, Rogue (Megaman Star Force), etc. gets to remain a "staple" of their own series?
    Reasons:
    1) High character popularity - this increases there return in other games.
    2) Fan approval ratings (related to character popularity)
    3) Being ~badass~ doesn't automatically mean "hey you guys can return in the next game, kthxbai".

Also can there be a new thing for Skybase: "If you're going to have a very long post with lots of quotes, then please put it in a spoiler because it takes up less space on a page."

Level
    Thank you Critical Dude, thank you.

Level
    Response in what Critical Dude said

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Dude
    It's not just strength that draws a fan-girl's attention it is also looks and personality. Also it is all a matter of interpretation (also Knuckles doesn't even have that ~badass~ attraction to him like Shadow does).
    Oh...Right. Well, Y'know how picky girls are when it comes to men.

What are you on about? How is this related to SSB4? I'm talking about if Mewtwo was to come back to SSB now, he'll be pulverised by Little Mac (gameplay wise). I couldn't give a "levitating truck" about Dante right now as he has no relation to SSB at the moment (this doesn't mean that I dislike the DMC games).
    What I'm on about, is Capcom characters. Because Megaman is a Capcom character and yet he's the only Capcom character in SSB4. Why can't there be more third party characters to Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS?

Plus game characters do not always have all of the same game physics and characteristics from their game in another game, e.g. Dante is now in Project-X Zone a 3ds crossover game that combines Capcom, Namco Bandai and something else, Dante is not as strong in this game as he is in his own games.
    Now that I think about it...It actually DOES make sense, since because when you think about Pokemon and you had Mewtwo vs a Legendary, Mewtwo can still be beaten by a Legendary Pokemon, which means that there are other Legendary stronger than Mewtwo. So maybe it's not just psychic strength and all that makes him likeable...Maybe there's something else in him that makes him likeable (I just like to call Mewtwo a "he" because of the appearance design thing. Even though Mewtwo sounds more like a girl in the Genesect movie, which is ovbiously not the same Mewtwo but a different Mewtwo).

Reasons:
    1) High character popularity - this increases there return in other games.
    2) Fan approval ratings (related to character popularity)
    3) Being ~badass~ doesn't automatically mean "hey you guys can return in the next game, kthxbai".
    Well let's see here uh...Sonic has high popularity, yet Shadow has higher popularity than Sonic...Because anti heroes get more popularity than heroes...Actually most if not all. Yet a lot of anti heroes are badasses so...They pretty much get a lot of fan approval and high popularity (DmC Reboot Dante is the only character I know who had an exception since the reboot sucks). Well Mewtwo always comes back in the next Pokemon game, yet Shadow doesn't always come back in the next game because SEGA/Sonic Team has no idea what to do with him anymore, and yet there's no signs of him quitting G.U.N so...Maybe you're right. Not even Sonic always comes back in the next games. Hence Tails Sky Patrol and Tails Adventure.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Level
    The game looks cool, even for the 3DS version, I just hope that the Mii will not be playable, its voice were so fucking annoying in Mario Kart 7.
    I hope the physics wasn't changed because Brawl's one were incredible, and I really want a story mode as good as SSBB's one, it were awesome, maybe even the best Wii game I ever played, and I think this will be the same for the WiiU and the 3DS.

And here's a question: What pokemons and "help trophies" would you like to find in these games?
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    In response to what Mazefire said

Oh...Right. Well, Y'know how picky girls are when it comes to men.
    Not all of them.

What I'm on about, is Capcom characters. Because Megaman is a Capcom character and yet he's the only Capcom character in SSB4. Why can't there be more third party characters to Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS?
    Ok, if had mentioned that earlier I wouldn't have been so confused.

Well let's see here uh...Sonic has high popularity, yet Shadow has higher popularity than Sonic...Because anti heroes get more popularity than heroes...Actually most if not all. Yet a lot of anti heroes are badasses so...They pretty much get a lot of fan approval and high popularity (DmC Reboot Dante is the only character I know who had an exception since the reboot sucks). Well Mewtwo always comes back in the next Pokemon game, yet Shadow doesn't always come back in the next game because SEGA/Sonic Team has no idea what to do with him anymore, and yet there's no signs of him quitting G.U.N so...Maybe you're right. Not even Sonic always comes back in the next games. Hence Tails Sky Patrol and Tails Adventure.
    Now you're getting it!
    Like you said in your response, the plot does affect the characters return in certain games (especially if it's a "different time" plot).