Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Skybase Weekly (Out of Print)

Level
    News Highlights week of 9/7 - 9/14

Whoo, another week, another Skybase Weekly, time for Vol 11 to show itself!

SRB2 News:
    The 2.0.7 patch was released this week, built to combat the recent "hack" that takes down servers, and even make net games more stable supposedly.
    Just a reminder for everyone bugging akb778 about an AJ WAD, I am making it, slowly but surely!
    CoatRack kindly included us Skybase members in this year's "Amateur Stage Design Trials - New Mapping Contest!" where any map maker can attempt to join in the beginner set, or the advanced set. The Theme of course is halloween, more specifically scary stuff. Be sure to read the thread on it LINK

Sonic News:
    Sonic Lost World is scheduled to come out this holiday season, so make sure Santa stocks up for all the good SEGA fans about.
    Sonic Lost World's theme song called "Wonder World" will be shown in Japan on October 11th

General News:
    The sequel to Amnesia The Dark Descent, called Amnesia: Machine for Pigs, came out Tuesday, at about 5AM EST. Once I get a new PC this is one of my first "must play" games.

Member News:
    For fun I started a simple "Who is best Admin" poll, and apparently Sky is currently winning 6 to 3
    Not a single birthday this week apparently.

Pony News

Season 4 is exactly 70 days away!

Extra

Nothing, unless you wanna see a copy of my Algerba Homework

Level
    News Highlights week of 9/14 - 9/21

Another hard week of work on my end, but the good news is that the site seems to be picking up again somewhat. Read away everyone, it's Volume 12!

SRB2 News:
    The halloween contest is still open (and will be till November something I think), so take your time and map away!

Sonic News:
    Couple of Jap trailers have been released within the past few days, and turning on captions is hilarious for the most recent one.

General News:
    The topic "Which Sonic is Better" came back up from the ashes the other day, which can also put the question, if anyone changed their mind as of late, on it.
    A Halloween discussion has been started, so be sure to read it, and post on it!
    According to recent developments, and multiple sources; Apparently Capcom is very low on money (for a company), and is screwing themselves over slowly, and rumor has it their big comeback is "DLC" of all things. So they might end up like the Persona guys and end up selling off what they have to other companies.
    Also, SEGA bought Index (the owners of Persona and such) earlier this week.

Member News:
    3 Birthdays this week!
    Kirbymon48 (Sept. 15th)
    SuperSonic (Sept. 17th/15th B-day)
    Burning-Fox (Sept. 18th/16th B-day)
    Happy Birthday (week) guys!

Pony News

Season 4 is exactly 63 days away!
    Episode of the Week: S3 E4 "One Bad Seed" Go watch it!

Extra

Nothing, again XP

Level
    News Highlights week of 9/21 - 9/28

Another week gone by, and a good one at that, end of September, and it's time for Volume 13!

SRB2 News:
    XXGhostTheHedgehogXX has started a few new WIP maps, hopefully they will be playable soon!

Sonic News:
    Some new trailers were relased for Sonic Lost World

General News:
    A new animation series is in the making, about all of us here at skybase to be exact. The team is already getting together with wicked awesome ideas, so be sure to jump in before it's too late!

Member News:
    SpiritCrusher turned 19 last Sunday!
    Flames the Hedgehog's Birthday was last Monday!
    I have a cold (again!)
    Welcome back STCPhoton!

Pony News

Season 4 is exactly 56 days away!
    Episode of the Week: Season 2 Ep 22 "Hurricane Fluttershy"

Extra

Check out the Skybase Adventures Staff Group sometime if you wanna contribute! ;P

Level
    News Highlights week of 9/28 - 10/5

Volume 14! Read it or perish!

SRB2 News:
    Steel Titanium Ported a 1.09.4 WAD the other day called "Baconman" it's a decent and fun wad to play with as well.

Sonic News:
    Sonic Boom is starting to get more news leaked, like that it is full CG animation, and that the character designs seem "questionable" to some, but also has promise considering it has nothing to do with 4Kids (thank goodness)
    Everyone's favorite blue blur is now officially on the SSB4 Lineup!

General News:
    The Skybase Anime had a great start last week, but with school it seemed to slow down slightly, but fear not, I am still working on the project, as I'm sure many of you are as well.

Member News:
    Hybrid35 Turned 16 last Sunday

Pony News

Season 4 is exactly 49 days away!
    Episode of the Week: S2 EP3 "Lesson Zero"

Extra

So yea, that poll of Sky vs Me...
    mlfw9751-mlfw_clubhouse.jpg
    jk

Level
    News Highlights week of 10/5 - 10/12

Read this, or else, it's #15 right now!

SRB2 News:
    Remember the Halloween contest is still going on, less than 1 month of time remains, hurry up designers, and get to it!

Sonic News:
    Rumor in Nintendo is that The CEO's of Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Japan got into a fight, and as a result Sonic might be removed from SSB4 unless the Japanese representative gets a proper apology from the American one's heartlessness. They already have a petition 7 Million strong trying to save the blue blur from this fate.

General News:
    [Furloughed]

Member News:
    A note to all members, please remember we welcome creative discussion, but messages like "cool story bro" do not accomplish anything positive for anyone.
    Wolfy turned 15 today!
    JacobTheFoxNg091 turned 16 earlier this week!

Pony News

Season 4 is exactly 42 days away!
    Episode of the Week: S1 Ep1/2 "Friendship is Magic" (3 Year Anniversary as of Oct. 10th)

Extra

No extra for you!

Level
    News Highlights week of 10/12 - 10/19

More news every week, read it. Volume 16

SRB2 News:
    The Halloween contest continues, and the deadline is getting closer and closer.
    Just a little thing, I've been doing some work in WAD's, so in a week or two, a beta could be out.

Sonic News:
    Sonic Lost World has been released in the UK earlier this week, the US will get it soon.
    SLW also came with some UK launch trailers and such.

General News:
    The Government delayed this debt thing until January. As usual our political system is as smooth as ever.
    The vbPlaza was updated with new user title edits, like color. Also Animated Avatar's are back.

Member News:
    Just a reminder to all members who recently see this website as "dead" or a "lost cause," I'd just like to remind you all that it's not the quantity that makes something great, it's the quality. Although it would be nice to have some new members, sitting here on the forums repeating the phrase "the site is dying" does not encourage good enthusiasm that is needed to draw in new members.
    Although they may be few and infrequent, I know for a fact we have people who read these forums as guests on a somewhat regular basis, and causing all this drama makes them want to leave before even joining. Does everyone see what I'm getting at here?

Pony News

Season 4 is exactly 35 days away!
    Episode of the Week: S2 Ep 15 "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000"

Extra

Cats meow, and dogs moo
    btw, as far as I'm concerned the Animation idea is still ongoing, so I'm still working on it.

Level
    News Highlights week of 10/19 - 10/26

Lately we've seen lots of games being released, with plenty more on the way. Probably because the upcoming Holidays. Anyway, here's your Volume 17!

SRB2 News:
    Only a few weeks left on the Halloween Contest!
    I've started a SRB2-DB Tutorial, I'll release more after I get some feedback on my first one.

Sonic News:
    Sonic Lost World is coming out Tuesday in the US, now the real question is which console it will sell better for?
    Sonic2 Remastered and S&ASRT are coming to Mobile devices, now if only SEGA could somehow take on S2HD without anyone complaining too much, or at least a new team to continue it.

General News:
    The Website has been undergoing some problems lately, but most of them are now fixed, so no need to worry guys!
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Duel Destinies came out last Friday, and from what I can tell it's amazing. Good reviews, and an amazing demo, currently avalible at the eShop. Someone is even giving away a $35 eShop card to celebrate (see PW5 Thread)
    Assassin's Creed: Black Flag is scheduled to come out somtime next week.

Member News:
    This week was Genesis-X's Birthday!

Pony News

Season 4 is exactly 28 days away!
    Episode of the Week: S2 Ep4 "Luna Eclipsed"
    Video of the Week: LINK

Extra

Go buy a cat, all of you. I demand cats!

Level
    News Highlights week of 10/26 - 11/2

Another fine week indeed, new games galore, and more to come to the game market. Read Volume 18 while you wait for some other new games.

SRB2 News:
    The Halloween Contest ends on November the 12th, that's 10 days left. I sadly will not be entering due to me focusing on another map project for a later contest.

Sonic News:
    Sonic Lost World has been released, and for a real sonic fan, it's defiantly worth a try. And according to our insider, it's a must have for a 3DS owner, and a big upgrade from Generations 3DS

General News:
    New tech of self repairing plastic is being developed in Spain, check it out LINK
    More new tech, instant cooling machines could replace freezers in stores, and even ice-cubes in the home, read it up! LINK

Member News:
    Drake The Hedgehog turned 17 on Halloween! Congrats, I bet you got candy for your birthday.

Pony News

Season 4 is exactly 21 days away!
    Episode of the Week: S2 Ep6 "The Cutie Pox"
    Video of the Week: My Little Can Can

Extra

If you're looking to watch some anime check out Higurashi! It's a crazy Mystery, Horror, Supernatural, Psychological, Thriller (has a good bit a funny moments too)

Level
    News Highlights week of 11/2 - 11/9

A busy week indeed for many, I'm sure, anyway time to read another edition of Skybase Weekly. Volume 19 is now up! And yes it is 2 days late, sue me.

SRB2 News:
    Only a few days left on the Halloween contest by CoatRack. Be sure to get your submissions in.
    CyanAqua discovered a way to host SRB2 without having to go through the port forwarding process, truly useful for people with password protected routers.

Sonic News:
    Now that SLW is out and about it seems we have a few reviews here on Skybase, for both 3DS and WiiU versions. Very interesting to see the mixed reviews if you ask me.

General News:
    YouTube has officially made it a requirement to have a Google+ account to comment on anything, and the new comment system is a disaster to the point that even PewDiePie (Current #1 YouTuber), disabled his comments, as stated in another thread.
    The SteamBox seems to have a quite a few PC gamers impressed, and might even get them to play this "semi-console" when it comes out, considering the competition in 2014, the SteamBox might just be rated best console if it is as good as Steam for PC. Now if only we could have a Steam return policy put in place.

Member News:
    Remember the Members poll for October ends very soon.
    Also everyone, remember to listen to direct Admin orders if they are given to you, otherwise you might get banned.
    Jake92 turned 15 earlier this week.

Pony News

Season 4 is exactly 14 days away!
    Episode of the Week: Season 1 Ep 5 "Griffon the Brush Off"
    Video of the Week: PFUDOR

Extra

Nothing, I am busy playing poker, thank you.

Level
    News Highlights week of 11/9 - 11/16

A slow and boring week in my opinion, but this coming up week should be a lot better, until it comes around enjoy Volume 20 of Skybase Weekly!

SRB2 News:
    The ASDT Contest is currently in Judgement mode, check the thread to play the entries and vote for your favorite.
    Hazard has released a soc, but it is currently unsure of what it does, due to lack of screenshots or specific descriptions.
    LJ Sonic has started his own tutorials for SRB2 mapping, which should be very useful to learn very advanced techniques.

Sonic News:
    The Sonic Lost World Demo has been released for both 3DS and WiiU consoles for those of you "unsure" of the game still.

General News:
    Mr. Black is hosting a "Space Runaway Ideon" Marathon, if you are looking for an anime series to watch, check with him for the link!

Member News:
    Josh turned 17 this week.

Pony News

Season 4 is exactly 7 days away!!!
    Episode of the Week: Season 1 Ep 3 "The Ticket Master"
    Video of the Week: S4 Animatic

Extra

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast