Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Skybase Weekly (Out of Print)

Level
    News Highlights week of 11/16 - 11/23

A fine week if I do say so myself, and I'm sure you are all just as ready as me for getting Thanksgiving break, read SkyBase Weekly Volume 21 to get your vacation started!

SRB2 News:
    The ASDT Contest is over, read the thread for details, hopefully we can have a Christmas contest soon
    LJ Sonic started an "Advanced Mapping Technique" thread in which he will explain many useful techniques for an interactive and fun map.
    Rainbow "Dashy" Dash is working on a new match map that could rival Meadow Match for simplicity in a fun way!

Sonic News:
    Some footage for a boss in Sonic Xtreme has been revealed in a Canadian TV show from 1998 now on the internet after over a decade; the clip is embedded below, and Sonic show's up at about 3:46 seconds.

General News:
    Gurren Lagann seems to be becoming popular again lately, I might just watch a few episodes after finishing Ideon

Member News:
    Not a single birthday this week
    The Active Members Poll for November is up, be sure to cast your vote today!

Pony News

Season 4 is TODAY!!!
    Episode of the Week: Season 4 Ep 1 & 2 "Princess Twilight Sparkle Parts 1 & 2"
    Video of the Week: Friendship is Manly
    -NOTE: For those of you wishing to see the Season 4 Primere online, I found a website that will be showing it. At the moment they are showing the Hub right now who is doing a mlp recap of season 3 episodes. LINK

Quote of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM
    The answer to world peace, shove anime down everyone's throat

Level
    News Highlights week of 11/23 - 11/30

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and so thus, our vacation is coming to an end, I hope you all had a great break, and enjoy Skybase Weekly Volume 22!

SRB2 News:
    Slow on SRB2 this week, I'm sure next week will have a lot more to offer here

Sonic News:
    Sonic Dash is now in the Google Play Store for Android users.
    For a limited time, Sonic Dash has a Sonic Lost World event active where you can fight Zazz of the Deadly Six! (His voice is different from what I expected, in a good way, since it means he isn't the generic emo some people protrayed him as)
    Everyone's favorite Hedgehog made an apperance at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, as expected. And this one didn't Jihad a building!

General News:
    We have an mlp thread to replace the last one, and to avoid season 4 starting clogging up the forums with multiple threads.
    Mazefire found a nice little thing for iOs and gameboy emulation (NOTE: Skybase does not distribute ROM's or links to ROM websites, use Google for that)

Member News:
    The members poll for November is over, and was on schedule, hopefully I remember to do December on time too.
    Lot's of birthday's this week!
    -abiT
    -Super Vegito
    -Knackles Da Ekdia
    and most of all of this list
    KODS4, HAPPY BIRTHDAY (this week)

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Ep 3 "Castle-Mania"
    Video of the Week: Button's Adventures - Pilot

Quote of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    *Sky was hit by Animal Murderer's Scatter Ring*

Level
    News Highlights week of 11/30 - 12/7

Welcome everyone to another amazing week of Skybase Weekly, you are about to read volume 23, so read it and enjoy, or perish!

SRB2 News:
    Ors started a thread of "SRB2 Challenges," where people can post videos or lumps of them completing various challanges, and hope for the best time, it sounds like a good way to train a bit if you need it.
    Rainbow"Dashy"Dash released a new level called "Floral Cove Zone 1" earlier this week, and it is a fun map to try to speedrun, and it is also something new here.
    akb778 came back for a short time earlier this week with a demo wad for Luna; and don't you worry, AJ is still being worked on!
    We now have a thread to post your Time Attacks for different levels, you must post better proof than a screenshot though.

Sonic News:
    Sonic Dash is actually more popular in the Google Play store than Temple Run 2 at this moment.

General News:
    A interesting little thread about your fav spiky haired character was started, aside from everyone's favorite Hedgehog, there are plenty of anime characters out there that fit the description.

Member News:
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    SomariTheAdventurer
    VØLT
    The Ace of Hearts

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Ep 4 "Daring Don't"
    Video of the Week: RD Presents: Haunting Nightmare

Quote of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Anime Protaginost
    I have to save the *insert spiritual/space name* planet from *insert generic villian here*

Level
    News Highlights week of 12/7 - 12/14

Another busy busy week, I'm sure. Luckily in another week or two most of us will have Christmas break. Also congrats to all of the college students reading this for completing their first semester! (considering most colleges have finished their's for this year) Enjoy Volume 24!

SRB2 News:
    The SRB2 Challenges continue, and more ideas are coming out of the thread, defiantly something interesting to do if you have the time!

Sonic News:
    Sonic2 remake and SASRT are now available for both apple and android devices

General News:
    This week the infamous "Pirate Bay" has had to move domain names twice due to the Dutch and British Government.

Member News:
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    Vine <Blade The Hedgefoxie>

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Ep 5 "Flight to the Finish"
    Video of the Week: Pony.Mov

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week:Mr.Black
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNQvLECht08
    IT BROKE THROUGH THE NEW COMMENT SYSTEM

Level
    News Highlights week of 12/14 - 12/21

Christmas is only a few days away, Happy first day of Winter! I hope everyone has a great Christmas, and be sure to read Volume 25 too!

SRB2 News:
    Rainbow 'Dashy' Dash and Associates are working on bring out new levels for both SRB2: New Horizon's, and Heroes Adventure!

Sonic News:
    Sonic Lost World now has some DLC from Nintendo characters like Yoshi and LoZ!

General News:
    A cat ran across a tight rope over the water between Alaska and Russia, it then drank Russian milk.

Member News:
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    SonicLover
    Sanctum The Hedgehog
    悔い改めクラッシュステッ

Just a small reminder to members to please not include the burden's of your social life here, for one it makes you a target, and two it annoys many other people

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 2 Ep 11 "Hearth's Warming Eve"
    Video of the Week: PONIES the Anthology III

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week:SRB2
    Wind was hit by Sky's rail ring.
    Sky was hit by Wind's rail ring.

Level
    News Highlights week of 12/21 - 12/28

Just about time for 2014, last Skybase Weekly of the year! Read volume 26 before the explosions come!!!

SRB2 News:
    Ors has joined the team for "SRB2: New Horizons" and it has recieved some updates too!
    Things for SRB2 Challanges are starting to get heated, and we need more creative challanges to keep it going!

Sonic News:
    This happened

General News:
    The Skybase Lotto 2 has begun, and will be going on until Jan 7th or 8th. Be sure to get in it, the more that enter, the bigger the prize!

Member News:
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    No one had a birthday this week... supposedly!

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 7 "Bats"
    Video of the Week: (macchinainterna's contributions)

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week:Steam
    WindHX: still have to figure out how im going to integrate it into my watch list
    Sky The Destroyer: just throw it in before the next anime you're going to watch
    WindHX: one does not simply "throw it in before the next anime you're going to watch"
    Sky The Destroyer: didn't you do that with black rock shooter
    WindHX: there are procedures, clearances, paper work to be done, things to be signed off on
    Happy New Year from the Skybase Staff (All 2 of them)

Level
    News Highlights week of 12/28 - 1/4

Looks like school is just about here again, for some it means exams, and for others it means more school in general. Best of luck to all, and enjoy volume 27 while you can!

SRB2 News:
    SRB2: New Horizons has been recieving a lot of updates throughout the week, showing a lot of promise for their next release.
    With the new year hear, the Devs from SRB2 stated that 2.1 should be complete this year, while most are sceptic, I think it is reasonable given their almost 4 years of production on it to date (with some sidetracks for them, plus life)
    Sonic Fan2000 released an updates version of the "Parappa the Rapper" wad earlier this week.
    The SRB2 Challanges continue on and are now starting to get some for Knux and Tails too!

Sonic News:
    The blue blur is taking a vacation this week, the paparazi can't seem to get anything on him for today.

General News:
    2014 has officially started, let's make this year better than the last!

Member News:
    Looks like TeamLava was goofing around this week, but nothing that physically effected us of course.
    The Skybase Lotto is getting close to the end, hurry up and enter! Remember there is a bonus prize this time too, not just points.
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    LJ Sonic
    Silver The Powerhog
    zSuperMajinVegitoz

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 8 "Rarity Takes Manehatten"
    Video of the Week: Twilight's Day Off

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week:ShadowCM
    70YearOldSCM: Dang you wipper snappers, and your gyro machines to play 4D callz od Dity! Back in my day we used a "controller" with our hands

Kid: Shaddup old koot!

Level
    News Highlights week of 1/4 - 1/11

Another week come and gone once again, also the 2nd Skybase Lotto came to an end, you can see who won below, right here in volume 28!

SRB2 News:
    Some new time attacks are coming up now, be sure to show of your speed.
    Ors started a conversation about contests, that could be promising if we have enough support.

Sonic News:
    Some sad news, Sonic the Hedgehog box art illustrator Greg Martin passed away on Jan. 6, 2013, may he rest in peace.

General News:
    Agdq 2014 has started, some famous speed runners doing a ton of games, worth a check out if you like livestreams.
    mazefire has started an interesting discussion about glove types that might be a good debate of preferance.

Member News:
    The Skybase Lotto 2 has ended, and Steel Titanium has won the prize of 36,000 Points and 1 art request from me (PM me to redeem both)
    Winning Combo: 4; 17; 10; 26; 35; 29
    Steel's Combo: 4,10,1,15,30,26
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    phil the hedgehog
    Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 9 "Pinkie Apple Pie"
    Video of the Week: Stupid Harmony Box

Extra

Anonymous: That women is a curse!
    ShadowCM: Aren't all women?
    Anonymous: Good point.

Level
    News Highlights week of 1/11 - 1/18

Another week bites the dust, nothing to exciting this week, but just about everyone should have Monday off, so that's something, enjoy that as well as Skybase Weekly Volume 29!

SRB2 News:
    A slow week flows by as Mystic sits back and eats birthday cake.

Sonic News:
    The Sonic the Hedgehog comic series is about to start a new story arc, and is currently on issue #260 (I better get reading)

General News:
    Demnyx Onyxwing has started our first Speedrun thread, with a perfect setup. And given SM64's popularity, I'm sure we'll get some good competition there!
    The AGDQ 2014 ended, and they raised over $1 million, props to them and their charity work!

Member News:
    We here at Skybase would like to welcome KitsuneFreak back after his vacation time.
    Rex the Kitsune has been banned for the rude treatment of fellow members, if you suspect him of ban evading please report him to your nearest admin.
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    Mystic

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 10 "Rainbow Falls"
    Video of the Week: Brony Polka

Extra

17:18 - WindHX: I'M INFATUATED WITH LOLIS
    17:18 - WindHX: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Level
    News Highlights week of 1/18 - 1/25

I don't know about you guys, but for me this week went by very fast, too fast in fact. Anyway, while I look into a time paradox, enjoy Skybase Weekly Volume 30!

SRB2 News:
    The Dev team... they did a thing... at a place... yea!

Sonic News:
    Sanic is busy rolling around at the speed of sound, and refused to let us interview him today, sorry folks.

General News:
    Dage4 EX started a Cave Story Speedrun thread
    The new Zelda game for WiiU (Hyrule Warriors), looks promising by looking at the teaser. Thanks to mazefire for showing us it.

Member News:
    A small reminder to members, if you feel we have overlooked something in the weekly news, feel free to PM an admin about it, and also feel free to PM us ahead of time before the news to ask for something to be added that might not be otherwise.
    Hey everyone, the Active Members poll for January ends soon, be sure to cast your vote!
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    QuikSilverTheHedgehog
    srb2md2dude
    supertails201

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 11 "Three's a Crowd"
    Video of the Week: Flutterbat

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Steam
    ShadowCM: My god, that clock...
    Anonymous: It finally reached its potential as a toaster.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast