Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Skybase Weekly (Out of Print)

Level
    News Highlights week of 6/15 - 6/22

A productive week to say the least, with WAD releases and WIP WADs from many, hope you find some time away from SRB2 to read volume 51!

SRB2 News:
    Xkower8181 started a Mobius Adventure (WIP) WAD this week, with a full team to help him out!
    The Rainbow Dash WAD was released yesterday after a long wait to get it finished.
    Xkower8181 started an interesting poll about your favorite SRB2 Gametype.

Sonic News:
    The Live Action Sonic Movie by Sony is officially confirmed, thanks to Z'hire for the heads up and article.
    Some gameplay video for Sonic Boom has been released recently, and it seems the 3DS is more common since the system is more common, at least it seems that way for now.

General News:
    Xkower8181 started a discussion this week about the now somewhat outdated game "Flappy Bird" and its clones.

Member News:
    The Active Members Poll for June is up, and on time for once at that!
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    Sky The Destroyer
    mazefire3609

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 1 Episode 16 "Sonic Rainboom"
    Video of the Week: It Ain't Easy Being Greedy

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Steam Chat - Anonymous
    And so I said to her, "Bitch, I have a dick!"

Level
    News Highlights week of 6/22 - 6/29

Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time for Skybase Weekly, please enjoy volume 52 to the fullest extent!

SRB2 News:
    LJ Sonic released a Time Lua file that shows the time of day (as you set it) and changes the brightness to match the time of day.
    Xkower8181 updated his Snailer and Hats and Caps WADs this week, as well as released a WAD replacing Metal Sonic (the boss) with Tails Doll.

Sonic News:
    Sonic's 23rd birthday was this week, on June 23rd to be exact.
    "Sonic 2 HD Returns From Its Grave" states the Sonic Retro article seen here

General News:
    Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is currently priced for pre-order at $40 at Gamestop.com and Amazon.com

Member News:
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    Lat'

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 2 Episode 13 "Baby Cakes"
    Video of the Week: Pony High: Principle Celestia

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Skybase Chatroom - Sky The Destroyer
    I was playing MapleStory, and I came across someone with the name of "AnpanDesu"!

Level
    News Highlights week of 6/29 - 7/6

A slow week in some ways, and fast in others, summer sure can get crazy sometimes, just take your time to read volume 53 no matter what speed you are at. Also, we would like to point out that we have now been doing this News Post for 1 year now!

SRB2 News:
    A Densetsu No Stafy/The Legendary Starfy Music WAD was released by Duon Adventurer this week.
    choalover has made his own "Choalover's 1.09.4 Masterserver" for the public to use.

Sonic News:
    An interesting SFM video was released on YouTube this week, and now I want to go play SA2 because of it. LINK
    A news article on Polygon writes about the now reborn Sonic 2 HD game LINK

General News:
    A discussion has been going on this week discussing what games everyone has been playing lately.

Member News:
    Welcome to our newest Member Glaber
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    None

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 1 Episode 14 "Suited For Success"
    Video of the Week: Beat It PVM

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Skybase Chatroom - Xkower8181
    Anpan!

Level
    News Highlights week of 7/6 - 7/20

Okay, so volume 54 is a double feature, sue me if you you want it that bad every week (or you could just PM me to remind me and such, but whatever people have busy lives and can't always meet deadlines)

SRB2 News:
    SRB New Horizons has finally had a new release from their thread, be sure to check it out!

Sonic News:
    A Beta Windy Valley Restoration Mod for SADX has been created by CorvidDude, seen here: LINK
    Sonic Jump Fever has been released for Mobile Devices, and it is listed as Free
    An interesting (possibly bias) article is written here about Sonic, and some in general junk, a good read if you are bored I suppose. LINK

General News:
    Pony News is no longer apart of the Weekly News Update

Member News:
    The Active Members Poll for July is up!
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    Steel Titanium
    VirtualSonic43
    Critical Dude
    Phantom-Blade

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Skybase Chatroom - Demnyx Onyxwing
    I'm a really happy person right now~

Level
    News Highlights week of 7/20 - 7/27

High flying and on time, Skybase Weekly volume 55 is here, read up while it's fresh!

SRB2 News:
    Hangout house by Botton has been updated this week.
    The Toy Store! is a new WIP map by one of our newest members Mystical Fire Kraken, be sure to check it out.
    A Level design contest idea was discussed this week, it could or could not become a real thing depending on the number of people willing to join in.

Sonic News:
    Boxart for Sonic Boom has been released, one for each console version.

General News:
    Just for people that seem to not know this yet for some reason, Source Filmmaker is a free program on steam, it doesn't cost money.
    Freedom Planet has made it onto Steam, currently priced at $15 (Of course a steam sale will fix that right up soon)

Member News:
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    None

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Skybase Chatroom - Larztard
    Larztard wuz her

Level
    News Highlights week of 7/27 - 8/3

Hope you all enjoy volume 56, and the rest of your summer, because the next few weeks will wind it down from here!

SRB2 News:
    Cyanfox made an interesting SRB2 mod called "SRB2 Corrupted" taking everyone's favorite levels and "corrupting" them, making a new challange on any level.

Sonic News:
    Sonic Adventure DX is soon to be updated on Steam, with problems like the resolution.

General News:
    Azure (aka MetalFighter) has posted a thread about his new videos for YouTube featuring many of our alltime favorite Sonic games, as well as other games too, and even some SRB2 Tutorials to top it off.

Member News:
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    ShadowCM

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Skybase Chatroom - Demnyx Onyxwing
    What have I done

Level
    News Highlights week of 8/3 - 8/10

Better hurry and read up volume 57, because before you know it summer vacation will be over and out!

SRB2 News:
    SRB2 has been updated twice this week, and is now up to 2.1.10
    The idea of the "Skybase Level Design Contest" is still open, but we need more participants before anything can be official.
    sethseth6 brought up the old, but still ongoing topic of random players pretending to be others, we'd here at Skybase would like to remind you there is now a "Terminal" WAD which has a simple and easy solution for this, so if you frequent a server, or host it, be sure to reccomend, or check out, the SRB2 Terminal WAD.
    Botton's Hangut House has been updated.

Sonic News:
    Looks like our Blue Blur is outta sight this week, we can't dig up anything about him.

General News:
    TehRealSalt started a topic about an interesting game called Gunscape, read more in the Netgaming section.

Member News:
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    None

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Steam Chat - Anon
    I swear to drunk, I am not God!

Level
    News Highlights week of 8/10 - 8/17

Ladies and Gentlemen alike, please enjoy this, Skybase Weekly volume 58, brought to you with no commercial interruptions!

SRB2 News:
    Phantom-Blade and a friend have started a Sonic 1 mod for SRB2, it can be seen in the WIP section.
    Ors has started doing DB tutorial videos.
    Demnyx Onyxwing updated his Eggmanese WAD, featuring fixes for ERZ2 and more.
    sethseth6 is working on his first map, "Hangout Springs" in the WIP section.

Sonic News:
    Shadow and Metal Sonic are officially confirmed for Sonic BOOM!

General News:
    Lat' posted some interesting screenshots in his "Messing around with Source Filmmaker!" thread

Member News:
    The Active Members Poll for August is up and running, be sure to cast your vote asap.
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    None

Extra

Braebrae~♥

Level
    News Highlights week of 8/17 - 8/24

The day of reckoning has arrived, or is shortly arriving for most, that's right, read volume 59 before the school nabs you all up!

SRB2 News:
    The New Horizons mod has showcased some new updates to come our way in the future.

Sonic News:
    "The Sonic Center" speed-runners raised $20,622.10 for Child's Play charity towards the American Cancer Society.

General News:
    'Lat put up some new interesting things in his SFM page this week.

Member News:
    The Active Members Poll for August is still up.
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    Larztard

Extra
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Skybase Chatroom - Demnyx Onyxwing & ShadowCM
    Demnyx Onyxwing: House is win
    ShadowCM: House is Fwuff

Level
    News Highlights week of 8/24 - 9/1

The days get shorter and shorter as we all get so busy, read volume 60 before it's no use!

SRB2 News:
    SRB2 is officially updated to version 2.1.11, almost enough ones to make someone go nuts.
    Mystical Fire Kraken continues work on his his Toy Store Map, making good progress.
    Xkower8181 has started working on a Luigi WAD for SRB2 Kart

Sonic News:
    A new Sonic BOOM Shattered Crystal trailer is out, showcasing Shadow at the end of it.

General News:
    Mario Kart 8 DLC is now out for purchase, and if you buy now you get a bonus of colored Yoshis and Shy Guys!
    Skybase Weekly has shifted to Monday Mornings now!

Member News:
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    Wind
    NitroTH

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Skybase Chatroom - Critical Dude
    How the hell does someone mistake the SD card slot for as a GBA port?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast