Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Skybase Weekly (Out of Print)

Level

Post Skybase Weekly (Out of Print)

News Highlights week of 6/24 - 7/1

Good day everyone, welcome to our first ever Weekly News Highlights, here you can read some of the big things that happen throughout the SkyBase, without having to hunt every little thing down if you aren't here non-stop. So let's get started and see what's been going on.

SRB2 News:
    Earlier this week a Cape Cod wad WIP was released, but was closed off due to plagiarism. Once again, we at SkyBase apologize to the rightful owners of all the materials used in said WAD pack.

Sonic News:
    There was a mention of a leak on a new Sonic cartoon called "Sonic Boom" at a Trotcon. Dave Polsky, who also did writing for MLP:FiM, and South Park, was dropping hints to this show at the Con, it is believed to be a Reboot of one of the past Sonic TV shows, but as of right now, very little info is available.
    Sylpheed has started a WIP mod for SADX called "Sylpheed Adventure DX"
    Rex is currently working on a music mod for SADX based on Sonic ATS tunes.

General News:
    Yesterday our website was down temporarily for approximately 2 hours, the reason is still unknown.
    Our current Active Members Poll will be coming to a close soon, make sure to cast your vote their if you haven't already.
    According to Mr. Black, Sword Art Online is coming on July 27th.

Member News:
    A special thanks goes out to the following members this week for helping us handle a tough situation,
    -D00D64
    -Mystic
    -Rob
    -Shadow Hog
    Thanks again for your help!
    Earlier this week (6/26) was Rainbow "Dashy" Dash's 12th Birthday, unfortunately he recently went inactive on the forums.

That concludes news for this week, remember to keep posting, and feel free to request something be put on the news here!

Level
    News Highlights week of 7/1 - 7/8

Good day everyone, welcome to our 2nd volume of SkyBase Weekly. With the 4th of July come and gone, a lot has happened over this past week, and we have it all listed here!

SRB2 News:
    None this week, sorry folks (but I personally have been doing some mapping this week, some of those might be released in the WIP thread sooner or later)

Sonic News:
    We saw 1 new screenshot of Sonic Lost Worlds earlier this week thanks to Sky the Destroyer.
    SASRT had a "Free Weekend" on Steam this past weekend. I hope everyone that got it had fun! (again Dial-up screwed me over)
    SASRT and Sonic Generations are both 75% off on Steam, I don't know how long that deal will last though.

General News:
    We here at SkyBase plan to organize an amount of YouTube videos that various users will make, and eventually hold a contest in the long run to see what video we will have Represent us here at SkyBase, more on that in the future.
    According to the calendar (thank you TTA), we now know that the release of Despicable Me 2 came out on July 3rd.

Member News:
    In our SkyBase Lottery we had a 3 way tie between AirFox, Rex the Fox, and Mazefire. So far only Rex has responded to Split the prize. And if the other two contestants do not come to claim their prize by the end of July, then Rex will get it all! (so if you can contact AirFox or Maze, let them know they won too, to be fair)
    Sylpheed was banned for 15 days starting yesterday due to breaking Rule #3 multiple times, and exceeding the 3 infraction limit that a user can hold before they are temp banned.

Pony News

Legends of Equestria had a beta stress test weekend (which I can't be part of :() and the servers are open until 11:59 PM tonight for PDT Here's a few links on that
    Homepage
    Download Page
    Forum Main Page

This weekend was also Everfree NW, one of the many BronyCon's that happen throughout the year. I believe the next big one will be the "BronyCon" if I'm not mistaken.

Level
    News Highlights week of 7/8 - 7/15

Vol. 3

SRB2 News:
    I (ShadowCM) released a WIP House WAD earlier this week, feel free to comment on it over there.
    The MS went down a couple of days ago, and as of right now, the entire MB seems to be down.
    LJ Sonic released a WIP map of his "Dark Meadow Zone" be sure to check it out, there's sure to be tons of interactive fof's

Sonic News:
    Earlier this week, the Sonic the Hedgehog Android App was updated.

General News:
    Mazefire started a "what's your fav vehicle" poll, which should be very fun for all, be sure to check it out.

Member News:
    STCPhoton lost his mod status for childishly changing Sky the Destroyer's post to say "I'm just stupid"
    VirtualSonic43's Birthday is Today, although he's been inactive for a while, he has apparently been lurking the forums here and there. He is 15 today.

Pony News

Demnyx Onyxwing made a wonderful Rainbow Dash mod skin for the Sultan car for GTA SA
    MLP:FiM is officially un-segregated from the main forums.

Level
    News Highlights week of 7/15 - 7/22

Sorry for being late guys, it's been a busy busy last few days dealing with some stuff, anyway, time for Volume 4 to get started!

SRB2 News:
    Throughout the week, there has been some discussion on my new WIP WAD (here)
    Park Valley Carnival recived an update, it is almost out of beta version and to it's 1st official release.

Sonic News:
    Some new Sonic Lost World Screenshots have been released, look in the SLW thread for details.

General News:
    There is currently a discussion about what your favorite video game controller.
    A little random quiz thingy was found by Sky the Destroyer and shown in general discussion for fun, be sure to check it out!
    Apparently the Cleveland Show has been cancled on Fox, which makes sense considering most people over the age of 12-14 don't like any of Seth MacFalane's work after 2006 or 2007 anyway.

Member News:
    Sylpheed, Team Larva, and the rest of Team Lavender threatened to hack our website earlier this week.
    Team Larva was unbanned by demand, with his new account "Belcha the Barrel" who was banned one day later due to high amounts of rule breaking.
    Sparkster is currently banned for 3 days
    STCPhoton is currently banned for 1 day

Pony News

Any of you bronies looking for a new game to play? Check out PONYMON (here)
    BronyCon is coming up very soon, and a lot of people will be there, including Filly Gamez team, the original makers of the "Welcome to Ponyville" project which was cancelled, rather it will come back is currently unknown.

Level
    News Highlights week of 7/22 - 7/29

Hey guys, we have a lot of news about releases this week, check it out! Volume 5 starts now.

SRB2 News:
    Genesis-X released a WIP WAD called "Sonic CD Graphics & Music" which is a mixture of various WAD's unless I'm mistaken.
    A quick little video (by Sryder13), showed off a 2.1 beta special stage, although it was old, it was still interesting.

Sonic News:
    In Japan, an attraction mixing Sonic & Ghostbusters called "Sonic Ghost Shooting" has been announced the other day. It is said to be opening this Halloween with an SA2 type design.

General News:
    There has been some curiosity about when the next Skybase Lotto will happen, it's scheduled for December since it is bi-annually.

Member News:
    We welcome a new member here this week, Genesis-X who has done a lot here already.
    Today is ShadowCM's birthday, whoever that is.

Last Week's Birthday's (because I rushed this last week)
    July 15th was VirtualSonic43's birthday
    July 17th was AOSTH's birthday
    July 20th was Steel Titanium's birthday.

Pony News

Season 4 of MLP:FiM has been announced to release on Nov. 23 there is also a countdown website, and a countdown app.
    A Season 4 Animatic has been seen at Comic Con, you can see it here.

Extra

With that I leave you with a song related to this week's news

Level
    News Highlights week of 7/29 - 8/10

Hey guys, sorry for being late. Also from now on News will be released on Saturdays and Sundays with school coming up and all. With that it's time for Volume 6 to begin!

SRB2 News:
    akb released his Fluttershy WAD a few days ago, and is now working on Trixie.
    A Spike WAD was released earlier this week by me. Now I honestly must get working on my next WAD
    Another SADX Mod was started earlier this week, but quickly fell flat and got canceled
    Tyson the Bladehog hosted a Tournament earlier this week, but was canceled due to lag issues, the tournament might be re-hosted, but details are currently unknown.
    Heroes Adventure has claimed to have another segment complete, but we have no downloads or screenshots yet, so beware.

Sonic News:
    Sonic Boom is today at St. Louis, Missouri; Sky the Destroyer is our inside source on this event, and will hopefully have details for us later.
    Multiple Sonic Lost World trailers have been released throughout the week, and more are on the way!
    Sylpheed's SADX is still in the works according to the non-banned members of Team Lavender, but no beta's will be released anytime soon

General News:
    Xbox Live for the 360 is having an update this Fall, they will be transferring points to actual monetary value.

Member News:
    Rex the Fox, and Teen Tails Aran are now mods of the SRB2 submissions section of our forums
    SuperSonic is now mod of the SADX section of the forum
    Your poor admin is very sick today (like anyone cares XD)
    No Birthday's this week (unless you want to wish a bot happy birthday)

Pony News

Season 4 is exactly 105 days away!
    Check out "Children of the Night" it's a big hit that just came out recently!

Level
    News Highlights week of 8/10 - 8/17

I don't know about you guys, but for me, it's been a long week. And it seems almost everyone is back in school now. Point is, Volume 7 is here, and you can read it right now, let's go!

SRB2 News:
    HAPPY FOX has started a small map, hopefully we'll have a beta download soon.
    Metal Fighter commented back on one of his older level WIP's saying that it might be abandoned or finished within the next few weeks.
    More 2.1 updates were released recently

Sonic News:
    Sonic Lost World has more trailers out, and finally some 3DS content
    If you have a powerful PC, and Dolphin, you might wanna check out some SA2B Mods that MainMemory has been working on. (Yes, the same MainMemory that is famous for SADX modding)

General News:
    DuckTales (an old cartoon, and NES video game) is being remade for multiple platforms, more on this in the topic posted by Kods.
    Sky has updated some of the forums lately (now if only my idea's could be put in place finally)
    Alright people, don't freak out about inactivity from your friends here on Skybase, you have school, I have school, and so does 90% of Skybase members, so don't flip just because we aren't as active during school hours (although with 2 computer classes a day, I will be here when I can)

Member News:
    We would like to give a warm welcome to our newest members, Renji Senju, and EternallyAries.
    It was SuperKnUxOnIc's birthday the other day, sadly he's an inactive member.

Pony News

Season 4 is exactly 98 days away!
    BEST THING EVER [LINK]

Extra

You get nothing this week! MUHAHAHAHAHA

Level
    News Highlights week of 8/17 - 8/24

Hey guys, hope everyone had an awesome week like I did. IT's been awesome seeing some old friends, and even making new ones. With that it is time to start, Skybase Weekly Volume 8!

SRB2 News:
    cyan sonic sent in Floral Cavern Zone 1 to submissions earlier this week, but also put it into WIP later in the week. The WIP has more content, so I think that is the one we should work with.
    HAPPYFOX has released a WIP of his own as well, called Azure Hill Zone, which so far seems to have been received well. I know I speak for everyone when I say, good luck on your level HAPPYFOX!
    akb778 has released his newest pony WAD, the one, the only, the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE *insert fanfare here* The top post says He's working on RD at the moment, but his avatar also hints at something else as well. And I honestly need to get moving, I'm only half way done with my WAD (blame school... and the government too)

Sonic News:
    Sonic Lost Worlds has confirmed a pro-order available with exclusive "Deadly Six Edition" (WiiU only) Looks like the poor 3DS will be ignored for the most part.

General News:
    Some games like Elsword have been notable lately on the forums, so if you have steam, and some time, you should definately check it out, and even get a chance to hang with some of your buds here from Skybase.
    The DuckTales Remastered game mentioned last week is apparently already released, so be sure to look for that sometime soon, especially if you were a fan of the old cartoon.
    The Cave Story thread has been bumped, again, so check that out, apparently there are also some mods to be discussed there too.

Member News:
    The August Active Members Poll is up and running, be sure to submit your vote asap!
    Larztard turned 15 yesterday (8/23) and he even went online yesterday as well!

Pony News

Season 4 is exactly 91 days away!
    If you haven't already guys, I highly recommend watching "Ballad of the Brony" documentary on YouTube if you have the time, I found it very informative, and although based on the views of early season 2, it is still good nonetheless LINK

Extra

Ever meet a hater guys? Course you have, well here is a video I found that I completely agree with (most) the points of view the guy has here affects more then just bronies too.

Level
    News Highlights week of 8/24 - 8/31

Hey guys, another long week come and gone, and with it, you get your paws on another edition of Skybase Weekly, Let's go, Volume 9!

SRB2 News:
    LJ Sonic, a true linedef master, has released a beta for his newest project; a scary WAD called "Dance with the Shadows" and as always, we have high expectations from this WAD, so good luck LJ!

Sonic News:
    A lot of Screenshots have been released this week, as well as a 30 minute video of the entire demo being played in a Wal-Mart.
    Sonic Generations (3DS) is now out on the eShop! Check it out if you haven't already!

General News:
    Nintendo has released a trailer revealing their newest handheld, the 2DS, a 3DS with the 3D feature removed. Although at first it seems rediculous, the price seems to change the minds of some people.
    MegaMan is already known this year for his appearence in ssb4, but his next move is unexpected, a board game, some mixed reviews of this are there for sure, bu could this be all bad, lots of big time companies have done board games (Spongebob, Shrek, Sonic, and more!)

Member News:
    Today some awesome people are celebrating their B-days, Wind (who is now 17), and NitroTH, so hurry up and fill those VM boxes!
    Sylpheed tried to troll everyone again this week, by pretending to be dead, but was quickly caught when he was found active on Skype the next day.
    Rex the Fox has currently decided to leave us, saying he may return someday. I know I speak for all the sensable people here on Skybase when I say, we shall await your return.

Pony News

Season 4 is exactly 84 days away!
    If you guys haven't already, check out Harmony PCG, it is awesome, fun, and worth a laugh or two.

Extra

Nothing, you get NOTHING! Muhahahahahaha

Level
    News Highlights week of 8/31 - 9/7

Skybase Weekly Volume 10! Read it up!

SRB2 News:
    Floral Cavern has recived an update, now with Zone 3 playable
    Green Coast has a WIP WAD is in the WIP section, by XXGhostTheHedgehogXX

Sonic News:
    Nothing, seriously, talk about a low week

General News:
    The thing at the place happened at the time. (aka nothing)

Member News:
    SuperSonic has been caught stealing multiple mods for SADX, he has recived a Tier 1 Ban, and is no longer mod of the SADX section of the Skybase forums.
    Just a reminder to all the members out there that bumping a topic older than a month, without actual content, is against the rules, although I have been nice about this recently, I'd like to see sensless bumps come to a stop, please add content if anything.

Pony News

Season 4 is exactly 76 days away!
    Pony Creator v3 is out, check it out if you haven't already! LINK

Extra

For those of you living under a rock, Sonic Shorts volume 8 came out. Also SEGA Shorts will be starting apparently.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=co4IsJG12AU

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast