Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zenith Garden[WIP] - CTF

Level

Zenith Garden[WIP] - CTF

Well I'm back. After almost a year of not making or releasing any wads, I have returned with a CTF wad called Zenith Garden. I've been working on this one for a while now, though I haven't made as much progress as I would have liked.

The map theme is a hybrid of outer space, underwater, and an ancient temple/ruins. It's a very basic map, no super strange or difficult gimmicks(unless of course you count the submerged passages).

As far as a finish date goes, I won't mention any since I'm not sure when it will be finished, though it WILL be finished. If I do get this done I may consider a small level pack or something based on hybrid themes and all. Though that's just a pre-idea. We'll see what's in store for me and my wad making business later. Lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Level
    Can't wait to see this done.

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    I'm guessing from the use of: ERZ, DPZ and other grass/land textures that the theme of this might be a ruins merged with an abandoned base. These features look really nice. In the second screenshot it looks a bit empty, is it linked to this,
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalFighter
    I'm not sure when it will be finished.

Level
    It looks good, I'll be waiting for the premiere of wad.
    I need friends… and a new computer D: .

http://www.leekspinner.com/

Level
    Yea the wad is still being made. I've been making more and more progress on it. Added a green glowing room, not sure whether to keep the colormap or not. I may upload a little beta to see if people like it or not.

Level
    Yay, I've always been a fan of Crossover maps.

Level
    This level shows good originality (mainly by structure and use of textures in certain areas), I hope the designs progress over time.
    And a green glowing room might look weird in the map but I'd have to see how you would use it before I give a full judgement.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    I've decided to limit the amount of colormaps I use on the level. I've added a few fog blocks to give the effect of light being reflected from space onto certain parts in the base. I've added more decorations and have finished a great majority of the central area, though I'm not too fond of the looks in all. I will likely upload a bit of the level to see if people like some of the intitial progress some time this week when I have time.

On a bit of an unrelated note. The idea of the green glowing room came from one of the concepts that one of the CTF maps I made, for the now extinct OLDC, had. A lot of people regarded it as being great in visuals but lacking in platforming and decent gameplay. I thought I could bring back this idea to better incorporate it into Zenith Garden. Mystic Heights, the map that I entered for the OLDC, also had a nice cloud concept to it ,but I doubt I'll add that into a CTF map ever again since it caused a great deal of lag for players. Sadly the OLDC isn't around anymore or I would have entered my map.

Oh well. Anyways, more on this as time goes on.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalFighter View Post
    Sadly the OLDC isn't around anymore or I would have entered my map.
    Oh well. Anyways, more on this as time goes on.
    So the OLDC isn't on the wiki either?

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Well as I promised I've uploaded a little beta/alpha/whatever you want to call it, of the map. I only kept the center in this version as the rest of level is fairly incomplete. I want some more criticism just to see if I could change the style as I continue on. Due note a few things:

- Avoid going outside of the center as there is nothing but a few thokbarriers. You will also probably notice some of the errors outside as well, which I already know about.

- All missing textures that you find, I probably already know about. If you find mistakes with the walls or floors that are already completed please tell me so that I may fix it. The same goes for any Thing items that may be out of place. Please refrain from posting about some of the more evident errors in the level since, like I said before, I already know that they are there.

There are two links, one from 4shared the other from Mediafire(Some people like one better than the other. I was going to make a DropBox one but I didn't have the time, if you hate both then sorry lol):

4shared Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/IWW0JxUc...rden_Beta.html
    Mediafire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?q7u0m57brtcm2we

If for some reason the map does not work at all please tell me immediately as it could be involved with a serious problem with the way it was saved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast