Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X/Y

Level
    What's so stupid about it? I urges to make the player use strategy, so what? The story's great, the graphics are fantastic (for Pokemon), and the gameplay's fine. They released a 1.1 patch for the Lumiose shenanigans.

Husbando to a special kitty~♥

Level
    It's just another Generic Pokemon game with different graphics. I would rather buy Black and White 2 Than X & Y since I have yet to play any of the Black & White games. When I heard about the Mega Evolutions I thought they would permanently stay that way. I don't see a purpose for it if they didn't.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneFreak View Post
    It's just another Generic Pokemon game with different graphics. I would rather buy Black and White 2 Than X & Y since I have yet to play any of the Black & White games. When I heard about the Mega Evolutions I thought they would permanently stay that way. I don't see a purpose for it if they didn't.
    And considering the fact that the game feels very empty as in content, I feel like the game is just filled with posterboy pokemon and just too little difference ( graphics wise, there's a huge leap)

My friend got X last Saturday, he beat the elite four on Monday, he doesn't play nonstop( since I watched him) and he says he still has yet to find a legendary pokemon.
    The fact is, the only way to capture a legendary pokemon( which are again, poster-boy pokemon; the legendary birds) you need to find them 10 times in a row each and they pop up in some dumb cave.
    This does not sound fun at all.

Unless GF releases a patch that makes the game more enjoyable, maybe I'll get it, but I'm just waiting til' black Friday to get White 2.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by STCPhoton View Post
    And considering the fact that the game feels very empty as in content, I feel like the game is just filled with posterboy pokemon and just too little difference ( graphics wise, there's a huge leap)

My friend got X last Saturday, he beat the elite four on Monday, he doesn't play nonstop( since I watched him) and he says he still has yet to find a legendary pokemon.
    The fact is, the only way to capture a legendary pokemon( which are again, poster-boy pokemon; the legendary birds) you need to find them 10 times in a row each and they pop up in some dumb cave.
    This does not sound fun at all.

Unless GF releases a patch that makes the game more enjoyable, maybe I'll get it, but I'm just waiting til' black Friday to get White 2.
    Encounter them 10 times. Yeah. I'm done.

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Encounter them 10 times. Yeah. I'm done.
    That was quick, now beat the psychologically disturbed elite 3.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    It's fucking Pokemon, what do you expect? Generation I didn't have anything special and nobody complained about it. You go on a journey with a rival, go catch Pokemon to fill the PokeDex, get badges, and beat the Champion. It's always been like that. Simple and clean. Now you have your expectations way to high. It's not supposed to be complicated. Black and White were the same way, and then they released Black 2 and White 2 and they had a whole bunch of crap added to it. It's always like that. Pokemon Z will probably have more content.

Husbando to a special kitty~♥

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnyx Onyxwing View Post
    It's fucking Pokemon, what do you expect? Generation I didn't have anything special and nobody complained about it. You go on a journey with a rival, go catch Pokemon to fill the PokeDex, get badges, and beat the Champion. It's always been like that. Simple and clean. Now you have your expectations way to high. It's not supposed to be complicated. Black and White were the same way, and then they released Black 2 and White 2 and they had a whole bunch of crap added to it. It's always like that. Pokemon Z will probably have more content.
    Generation I was Special at it's time. It was something new and exciting. But at this rate, It's like what the hell. I do think Graphic Wise it can engage new things but, Mega Evoultions just seem to be shitty with how it can only be done once. That was one of the main things that was caught my eye with X & Y and the new dimension.

"Pokemon Z will probably have more content" Okay, What are they possibly going to do now that could possibly make people want it more compared to the normal X & Y?

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnyx Onyxwing View Post
    It's fucking Pokemon, what do you expect?
    Cuddly pocket monsters. Um... What did you expect?

Mega Evolutions just seem to be shitty with how it can only be done once. That was one of the main things that was caught my eye with X & Y and the new dimension.
    The makers/creators are probably running out of ideas for "good", new content.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by STCPhoton View Post
    and he says he still has yet to find a legendary pokemon.
    Uh? You get the respective legendary on the box art IN the story line before you even get to the Elite Four. Your friend either doesn't know what a legendary is or they think they're terrible.

Mega Evoultions just seem to be shitty with how it can only be done once.
    Quote Originally Posted by TSDude View Post
    The makers/creators are probably running out of ideas for "good", new content.

I personally think Mega Evos are overpowered terribly even in their current state. Even with EV'd Pokemon, Mega Evos just tear through everything without even trying. If you were allowed to have a team full of mega evolutions, chaos would ensue. Sure, it only can be done one time a battle, but you can still attack on the turn you evolve just to put the icing on the "goddammit i'm screwed" cake. Mega Evolution also give mediocre Pokemon that boost in power it REALLY needed. Mega Kangaskhan anyone?​ :U

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper the Fox View Post
    I personally think Mega Evos are overpowered terribly even in their current state. Even with EV'd Pokemon, Mega Evos just tear through everything without even trying.
    I hope they don't make the same mistake for the next pokemon game. Anyway these issues won't stop me from getting this game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast