Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My computer fan doesn't work?

Level
    Yeah, me too of course.
    Anyways, is there a good low-cost computer that can run the game I mentionned in my last post without reach 90*C(~180F)
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    Good computer for SRB2: 300€-500€
    Explosion simulator: 1200€-1500€

Level
    Errr... I think I'll just pick the computer for srb2 ^^'
    I also remember I bought my actual laptop for 400 Euros, and it was able to run Sonic Gens without so much lag (except in Chemical Plant)...

Level
    I found a couple of useful sites thanks to Google:

LINK1: NOTE: I personally would recommend avoiding the Toshiba Laptops on this list, because 1: they are the cheapest price for a reason, and 2: Toshiba does not make durable and quality products.

LINK2: NOTE: Newegg is mostly used when you are looking for a very specific model, but you can try to play with the search box to see what you can find. They normally have great prices compared to other websites, and I have personally never had a problem with any of their products, and neither have my friends. Once you find a model you like, try to find the model on Newegg as well, you might save a good amount of money. And yes it is currently set to US Dollars, I'm not entirely sure how to change that for Newegg yet.

LINK3: This is a multipage article which is a supposed "guide" to finding a computer, you don't really need it, but you can read it if you want.

Also, overall, you might wanna take the "requirements" list from games like Sonic Gens, and Sonic Racing Transformed and compare them to different computers you find.

Level
    I'll check these things later...
    The only problems are my parents, they won't let me bought a new laptop without reasons (Because I didn't tell that my fan is dead, otherwise, they punish me without apparent reason)

Level
    I can relate to parents that can be a pain, my suggestion is to try saying how the computer is old, and falling apart on it's own, also try to drag school issues into it, after all "How am I supposed to do my best at school, when my computer can't even do what everyone else's computers can?"

Level
    And I'll maybe show them what Razer Game Booster say about the temperatures. I'll start with my mother because she won't punish me for a computer, but she will just say: "How many times have I tell you it's because you play too muche with your computer...".
    And anyways, if I buy the laptop with MY cash, it will not be annoying for her.
    The idea of "When my computer can't even do what everyone else's computers can?" is a good idea!

- - - - - - - - - -

Okay I tell the problem to my father, and he wasn't so angry...
    He said we will check this out this afternoon. I hope the problem is just from dust/voltage...

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow"Dashy"Dash View Post
    I'll start with my mother because she won't punish me for a computer, but she will just say: "How many times have I tell you it's because you play too much with your computer..."
    Lol, your not the only to be told that. (My mother only says that when I play too much Megaman Legends on an emulator.)

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow"Dashy"Dash View Post
    Okay I tell the problem to my father, and he wasn't so angry...
    He said we will check this out this afternoon. I hope the problem is just from dust/voltage...
    Did you day your current computer is an XP? Anyway, my point being (as someone who has driven computers to the point of physically falling apart before buying a new one), eventually the software won't work so well anymore with current versions of certain programs. Overall I hope that you can fix your fan problem with cleaning it for now, but I'd still try to see what can be done about getting something for X-mas. And remember, the key words in most of the "I need a new [Insert Thing Here]" conversations should almost always try to include the words "It can help me for school, and school work so I can work better with less hassle" if possible, that tends to lean some parents more towards it.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also I understand budget can also be a problem for some people, so don't try to force a new computer onto them too much if you can at least work with your current PC for some time.

Level
    Well best new ever!!!!!!
    My fan is now fixed! It was stuck by..... 2 tons of dust! Now my pc never gets over 60°C(~140F I think)
    The biggest temperature I had was during the "stresstest" with Sonic Generations. It was a 65°C(~150F I think) but it doesn't get over.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast