Thread: Signal segment violation problem.

Level

Signal segment violation problem.

I was making a new castle map for OrsLand. Then I tried random jumping and thocking in the castle and then that happened: signal segment violation! I tried again and that error message came again and game shut down.

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    IIRC: The wad (or the map inside of the wad) may be corrupted. You might have to rebuild the area where there is corruption in the map or just rebuild the whole map.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    If you're using any socs in the map, I reccomend looking them over to check if they are properly written as incorrectly coded socs can cause a sigsegv. Also if a room has a ceiling to floor height larger than 4069 fractunits it has a higher chance of causing a sigsegv.

Failing that, identify if there any malformed areas in the map near where the crash occurs and try rebuilding them.

You shouldn't need to remake the whole wad though, there should only be one part of the map that is causing the crash.

Level
    Thanks for help! There was a huge area with 7 500 floor to ceiling height. The sigsegv haven't appeared there, but I'll still try to make that sector lower... I just noticed that it needs just a bit under 4 000 height

Level
    Also if a room has a ceiling to floor height larger than 4069 fractunits it has a higher chance of causing a sigsegv.
    That's true about the sector height, but unless you make another error, the game won't crash if it is under 8192 fracunits, instead 4096 fracunits (I guess you switched the 9 and the 6).
    I like making Lua scripts and mapping for srb2. Don't hesitate with asking help from me !
    Recent project:

Level
    Just something I'd like to add, sometimes on my maps I get sigsegv errors from custom textures and music if something was input wrong. I normally fix it by re-importing the music, and remaking the Patch Table and TextureX files.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post
    Just something I'd like to add, sometimes on my maps I get sigsegv errors from custom textures and music if something was input wrong. I normally fix it by re-importing the music, and remaking the Patch Table and TextureX files.
    I have the same problem! That´s why I seldom use custom textures.