Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Boom General

Level
    In Japan, kids shows get away with swearing all the time. Their TV networks could care less about exposure of that language to kids.

Level
    That's because it's Japan. Sonic Boom is meant to be more appealing to the western so it can't be on Japan. Most of the Japanese developers don't get what U.S gamers wants. Do you guys even watch Gaijin Goombah? All Japanese gamers wants is either Shonen, Hentai, Dating sims (Even a few of them originated from America), high schools, dark & edgy video games, humans or human resemblance (because they can't handle ANYTHING that has no humans nor human resemblance), or gender bending video games. Japan is a very busy state I'll tell you that. I know this ever since that Rayman Legends japan article thing about how much sales it got over in Japan. People just don't simply "get" nor understood Rayman. That's what I can remember it stating. All America wants is just shooting, rap (I swear, almost every kid in my school are into rap ), violence, maybe gore, and COMEDIES.

Really though, I'm expecting Metal Sonic to be in Sonic Boom still. Of course it's being focused a lot on Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy just like from the classics, but what about Eggman? How much focus does Eggman have? If that game were sold to Japan, I think a lot of Japanese gamers aren't gonna like it nor are they ever gonna pay attention to it in interest. Sonic's only more popular in South America, not in Japan really. Because Japan is Japan...Yet Japan is where almost every video game console originated from. Had it not been for Japan, no video game consoles would ever exist. I'll have you guys know that Japan is a Asian country. No one wants stick to Atari Jaguar all the time. Especially not a lot of games nor companies could ever be the same without Mario's existence. Especially Halo's.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

That little country hidden on the left of Spain that no one cares about. a.k.a Portugal
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    All Japanese gamers wants is either Shonen, Hentai, Dating sims (Even a few of them originated from America), high schools, dark & edgy video games, humans or human resemblance (because they can't handle ANYTHING that has no humans nor human resemblance), or gender bending video games.
    Let me stop you right there.
    1) Shonen is a term given to manga's and animes with a high focus on battle made to appeal mostly teens, has nothing to do with games. And let me tell you, shonen's are much more popular in the West then in Japan. And most japanese gamers these days don't even like manga or anime related things.
    2) Just because you live in Japan and are a 'gamer' doesn't mean you have to like hentai, that is an old stereotype that every single japanese is a pervert, wich is not true.
    3) Not true. The japanese are not high school fanatics as many people say. Although most gamers in Japan are in high school, they tend to be very socially awkward. If you're talking about the focus in high school related stories in manga's and animes, then that's because in Japan high school is one of their 'happiest' years in life (Gaijin Goombah even discussed this on his Dating Sims video), a year before they enter college they have to attend numerous national exams, and the competition is fierce, so they have to focus 90% of their time into studying if they want to be successful.
    4) They can't handle anything doesn't have humans nor human resemblance? Give me a source on that, please. They have numerous arcades in various cities of Japan, most of the games there (and the ones that profit the most) are rythim games, and they generally don't have any humans involved.

Sorry if I got too off topic.

*le burp*

Level
    This game is still the more strange Sonic game for me:
    The characters finally realized that they needs to changes their clothes.
    Knuckles becomes giant and it's a bit confusing, I don't say it is bad, just confusing.
    And we didn't heard about the Chaos Emeralds, so will Super Sonic be in this game?
    And at the end of the trailer, we see a giant and ugly worm that could possibly be the final boss or something else.
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kods4 View Post
    Let me stop you right there.
    1) Shonen is a term given to manga's and animes with a high focus on battle made to appeal mostly teens, has nothing to do with games. And let me tell you, shonen's are much more popular in the West then in Japan. And most japanese gamers these days don't even like manga or anime related things.
    Ooooh...I thought shonen is more like focused on action or something. Even Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 is kinda based on the story and events of Naruto Shippuden, which Naruto Shippuden is shonen too. Okay well what DO Japanese gamers really want then?

2) Just because you live in Japan and are a 'gamer' doesn't mean you have to like hentai, that is an old stereotype that every single japanese is a pervert, wich is not true.
    Oh sorry...I mean most, if not every...It's just that there are often sex referrences and sometimes ecchi referrence in almost every anime I see. Better way to put it, "pervert moments". I though those apply to the games as well.

3) Not true. The japanese are not high school fanatics as many people say. Although most gamers in Japan are in high school, they tend to be very socially awkward. If you're talking about the focus in high school related stories in manga's and animes, then that's because in Japan high school is one of their 'happiest' years in life (Gaijin Goombah even discussed this on his Dating Sims video), a year before they enter college they have to attend numerous national exams, and the competition is fierce, so they have to focus 90% of their time into studying if they want to be successful.
    The high school related stories are exactly what I'm talking about.

4) They can't handle anything doesn't have humans nor human resemblance? Give me a source on that, please. They have numerous arcades in various cities of Japan, most of the games there (and the ones that profit the most) are rythim games, and they generally don't have any humans involved.

Sorry if I got too off topic.
    I didn't actually make up that statement of them not handle anything that doesn't have humans nor human resemblance. Streakster Typhoon told me that. Also it reminds me of that time in chatango when I asked that one guy to rate my character and he said he doesn't rate non human characters because they sicken him.

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow"Dashy"Dash View Post
    This game is still the more strange Sonic game for me:
    The characters finally realized that they needs to changes their clothes.
    Knuckles becomes giant and it's a bit confusing, I don't say it is bad, just confusing.
    And we didn't heard about the Chaos Emeralds, so will Super Sonic be in this game?
    And at the end of the trailer, we see a giant and ugly worm that could possibly be the final boss or something else.
    Seeing as Super Sonic is inspired by super saiyans from Dragon Ball Z. Loosely based is a better way to put it, I don't think Super Sonic is ever gonna be in Sonic Boom nor the Chaos Emeralds if they're only used for Super transformations. Yuji Naka even admitted that Super Sonic is loosely based on Super Saiyans during a interview. So that way, Super Sonic is a super saiyan without actually being super saiyan. That's how and why he's not really a ripoff of a Super Saiyan. Although something about Sonic Boom Knuckles is being a stereotype still, I don't know why, but it just feels like it...Making him look strong to prove that he's strong? A character doesn't NEED to look strong to prove that they're strong.

Level
    You are complaining about stereotyping Knuckles when you were just stereotyping japanese gamers yourself?
    Confusion.

Level
    Well Rex, saying what I know about what all Japanese gamers want is actually someone else's opinion that told me that. So I thought it made more sense that it's true...

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    ~What da heck's going awn round 'ere?!~
    OFFTOPIC: Mazefire seriously don't follow stereotypes it will lead you into trouble. ~Life isn't Family Guy!~
    ONTOPIC: I really want to see some 3ds trailers or gameplay footage for this game!

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Oh...Sorry. I guess I was misleaded. Still, I wonder what do japanese games REALLY want, really? Also, yes a 3DS footage of Sonic Boom would be nice. I wonder if it's gonna play the same as the Wii U's?

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    Oh...Sorry. I guess I was misleaded. Still, I wonder what do japanese games REALLY want, really?
    Some Japanese gamers would probably want the same things as us.

ONTOPIC: Sonic is no longer the fastest in the group so he must be more prone to danger now... [Insert evil sadist smile]

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]