Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Boom General

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kods4 View Post
    The "retards" (they're 2 by the way) that made Jax and Daxter also created the Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted and The Last of Us games, also known as Naughty Dog.
    I think SEGA did a nice job hiring them for the game, since this is a game (and TV show) directed especially towards the Western audience and who better for the task then them (Naughty Dog)? They made some of the greatest 3D platformer's of all time (in my opinion) and they know the Western audience better then anyone in the buseness.
    Don't be so blind and say that it's going to be bad because it wasn't made only by SEGA/Sonic Team, instead give it a shot.
    Do you really think I want Jak and Daxter gameplay in a SONIC game?
    Where speed is everything?
    I love Naughty Dog, but until they have knowledge about Sonic games as a whole, I don't really care, what their title is. ( I have the Jak and Daxter collection, all Uncharteds, and Crash Bandicoot, they don't know squat about Sonic)
    They don't know us whatsoever, if they did, they'd hire different writers, make different scripts, and gives us the Sonic that we wanted since 2006, we wanted a character to beat the Mario franchise, not stupidly run relays with him in a joint game, we wanted something more.

We gave Dimps a shot and they gave us a piss poor Sonic 4 ( rhyme) I'd rather believe in the normal Sonic Team then other developers, because the Team knows Sonic best. ( minus Iizuka)

And so lemme guess, you think all westerners are happy go lucky niquits who love responsibility, teamwork, and fair play? We're not, we like "cool" things, not something that's too boring to watch, the VA is OK, it's just the script that's going to make me puke, and since the TV Show is being made by the same people who made MLP( no Rex, I'm not going to bad mouth it) it's going to be a literal, carbon copy of the MLP, only with sports tape.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhire'El View Post
    and since the TV Show is being made by the same people who made MLP( no Rex, I'm not going to bad mouth it) it's going to be a literal, carbon copy of the MLP, only with sports tape.
    That's a good thing, MLP is an exceptionally well made cartoon.
    And it's not being made by the same people, just ONE of the same writers.

Level
    I think the main reason why there's so much hate on this game because the Japanese SEGA misinterprets our likings...just like how there were 2 different versions of classic sonic ( the US version looked like a ball with triangles attached to it) and everybody swayed to the Japanese. And ( I can use and as a sentence starter)you can obviously see the way they view us, Statue of Liberty and all, Bald Eagles everywhere, and the American flag replacing our atmosphere, they know nothing about us except for the fact that we like Sonic.

If they see that they get a lot of revenue from western audiences, they should get to know us better than just getting the retard who made Jak and Daxter and hiring him to lead the team. They should've kept the same team, and those redesigns are very drastic, if normal sonic had that stuff on( minus the Nathan Drake inspired scarf( It actually is btw)) I'd like it, they could make Knuckles have a little more bulk on him and make him taller, give Amy good curves, and so on.

They didn't have to drop the F bomb and ruin the designs, if they cut down on the sports tape as well, that would be a big thank you.
    I just hope they change their minds like the makers of Klonoa did with that stupid redesign they gave him.

They really didn't need sports tape either, I thought Sonic was supposed to have worn out shoes instead of putting the tape on like bandages, and it looks like it actually MORPHED onto his shoe.
    Exactly Zhire. EXACTLY. Japan has no idea what the fuck does American gamers wants either. Why being so focused about what appeals your culture and country if you're gonna sell a game WORLDWIDE? Unless if you're like Nintendo that always tries their best in making their games enjoyable worldwide. Pokemon is unfortunately popular than Mario. Even I hear about Final Fantasy gamers who were playing some Final Fantasy games complaining about the games being too "Japanese". Also I don't mind the Sonic Boom designs, but Knuckles still looks like a stereotype. Seriously. Amy and Tails' are alright. Sonic though. Also I may or may not know what a sports tape is, but why the hell do they have to wear sports tape if they're not doing any sports? Sonic Boom DOES take place in a alternate timline/universe that will not replace the main Sonic, either.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Sorry but you lost me at these parts:
    Responding to what Mazefire said
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    Why being so focused about what appeals your culture and country if you're gonna sell a game WORLDWIDE?
    I don't understand the point that you're making here, care to elaborate.

Pokemon is unfortunately popular than Mario
    Again I'm lost, did you mean more popular or less popular.

Even I hear about Final Fantasy gamers who were playing some Final Fantasy games complaining about the games being too "Japanese".
    What's this got to do with Sonic Boom? Final Fantasy was never made to specifically appeal to Americans anyway.

Also I may or may not know what a sports tape is, but why the hell do they have to wear sports tape if they're not doing any sports?
    XD You're not thinking outside the box, just because it's called "sports tape" doesn't mean that it only has to be used just for sports, it can be used in other circumstances.

Knuckles still looks like a stereotype
    What? Are you sure you meant the word stereotype? Do you know what stereotype means?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What Zhire'El said
    Do you really think I want Jak and Daxter gameplay in a SONIC game?
    Where speed is everything?
    I love Naughty Dog, but until they have knowledge about Sonic games as a whole, I don't really care, what their title is. ( I have the Jak and Daxter collection, all Uncharteds, and Crash Bandicoot, they don't know squat about Sonic)
    They don't know us whatsoever, if they did, they'd hire different writers, make different scripts, and gives us the Sonic that we wanted since 2006, we wanted a character to beat the Mario franchise, not stupidly run relays with him in a joint game, we wanted something more.

We gave Dimps a shot and they gave us a piss poor Sonic 4 ( rhyme) I'd rather believe in the normal Sonic Team then other developers, because the Team knows Sonic best. ( minus Iizuka)

I'm going to respond to that whole post of yours with a single sentence:
    Wait until you see more of the game (I couldn't give a damn about the animation).

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    1. @Zhire'El: Like Rex stated, only one of the writers on that team worked on MLP, but that same writer also wrote for SouthPark, and some other things I can't remember off the top of my head. Also, if this show were to truly reflect this one writers previous work, we'd have a very messed up MLP/SouthPark/Sonic show now wouldn't we?
    Also, I will admit you do have some good points; the people who made "The Last of Us" and "Jax & Daxter" don't exactly know what the wester audience wants from a Sonic game, but depending on how long they work with SEGA, it could eventually work in our favor.

2. For the character designs I'm still 50-50 seeing them standing there makes them look strange in my opinion, but in the trailer I thought Sonic looked alright in motion for his new body type. Though I wouldn't mind a small revision on them, I'll just wait to see how well this goes in the long run.

Level
    My brother noted that the designs looked like moving toys or action figures in the gameplay video. I mean, the way their eyes move and the sun reflects off of their fur.

Level
    Response to Critical Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Dude View Post
    I don't understand the point that you're making here, care to elaborate.
    The point I'm making here, is how you SHOULD make a video game be appealing to other regions, countries and cultures. Just like from what Gajin Goombah complained about.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Dude
    Again I'm lost, did you mean more popular or less popular.
    More popular.

What's this got to do with Sonic Boom? Final Fantasy was never made to specifically appeal to Americans anyway.
    You just don't get the comparison nor a similar possibility don't you? If Sonic Boom was out in Japan when it was only made to appeal to Americans, some if not all Japanese gamers WILL complain that the game is too American just like American gamers complains that Final Fantasy games are too Japanese.

XD You're not thinking outside the box, just because it's called "sports tape" doesn't mean that it only has to be used just for sports, it can be used in other circumstances.
    Well excuse me for not having anyone mention nor never seen ANY sports tape ever in my life at all before Sonic Boom. No, I'm serious. I never seen sports tape before. Nobody told me anything about it. I never came in a place to know about it either. Not even in my childhood.

What? Are you sure you meant the word stereotype? Do you know what stereotype means?
    It means the same similar thing to racism. More like for example, if ONE person sees a few group of smart asians, he or she is gonna believe that all Asians are smart (Which is not true because not everyone is smart, only some people are). Even MY stereotypical view of Japanese Gamers is an example too yo. Knuckles just LOOKS like a stereotype because of his muscles and how he is portrayed that made him a STEREOTYPE. Seriously, it's overused as hell with the muscles to make the characters look strong to prove that they're strong.

Level

You just don't get the comparison nor a similar possibility don't you? If Sonic Boom was out in Japan when it was only made to appeal to Americans, some if not all Japanese gamers WILL complain that the game is too American just like American gamers complains that Final Fantasy games are too Japanese.
    Yeah, no. I've not seen a Single person ever complain about Final Fantasy being too Japanese. If you don't like it, Don't fucking play it.

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Response to Mazefire
    I do understand comparisons but your comparisons seem to be very off-topic as it just seems like you're going to compare anything random to anything random.

Well excuse me for not having anyone mention nor never seen ANY sports tape ever in my life at all before Sonic Boom. No, I'm serious. I never seen sports tape before. Nobody told me anything about it. I never came in a place to know about it either. Not even in my childhood.
    That's fine, there's nothing wrong with learning something new so calm down.

Knuckles just LOOKS like a stereotype because of his muscles and how he is portrayed that made him a STEREOTYPE. Seriously, it's overused as hell with the muscles to make the characters look strong to prove that they're strong.
    It is a bit more realistic in this sense, then again it all comes down to everyone's point of view.

Also what's with these last posts, you sound mad... 0.o

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Dude View Post
    Also what's with these last posts, you sound mad... 0.o
    Sorry about that...I let something get to me. I didn't mean to be mad.