Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Boom General

Level
    I'm not really complaining, as much as saying this is something that will need some getting used to. and Knuckles seems fine, as long as they avoid the general big dumb sterotype again.

Level
    http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/6/5387...ve-him-a-scarf This Sonic Boom series isn't going to be out in Japan at all...SEGA wants to make Sonic more appealing to western audiences. I CRI FOR NO JAPANESE RELEASE. ; ; Can't they make a westernized anime of Sonic Boom cartoon too so it would be like one of those few westernized anime like Avatar, Tenkai Knights, Teen Titans (It's not really anime, but the artwork is good so it makes up for it), etc.?!

And as the article stated, this game isn't going to be about SPEED. Okay...Well, if the game is going to be structured like Sonic Adventure, why the hell are they not gonna base the game about speed? Sonic Adventure is a lot like about speed...Only for Sonic/Tails of course. Atleast they DID state that speed is an important aspects of it, but they also said exploration, combat and strong narrative storyline is the big aspects of the game. Okay...I wonder if that plot is gonna get dark, edgy, dark and edgy or what? I don't mind it being THAT kind of plot either.

"So again, we wanted a strong storyline and art design that Western audiences can resonate a little bit better with the synergistic relation for all of us at Sega of America is why we drove toward a Western developer across the board." ...This is even also why not much Americans would accept Japanese box arts. Just take a look at THIS European box art of Megaman 3: http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e6924a...nes-europe.jpg it looks so fucking creepy only by Wily...

Plus, since they're bringing the Sonic casts just exactly like from the usual classics...I wonder if Metal Sonic is gonna be in it? I want Metal Sonic in it. If not, 0/10 put Shrek in it. Also adding a scarf that makes a character a action hero...Scarves look cool dude. Even Link's. I like the idea of it being more combat oriented, just think about Devil May Cry and Sonic Unleashed, that makes the game even better! Also the characters having specialties based on their strength and personality...Knuckles having brute strength because he's so big and tough. Y'know, why do I feel that it's sometimes stereotypical...? Not every character has some big muscles just because they're strong. I guess he's okay.

Also, Amy is portrayed like a badass and even she lands properly and not a single voice was heard from her. It can be possible that she's mute or may not have a voice actor yet. She also has a bigger bust than her original counterpart. I like this character more and better than her original. At least she's agile, but not fast as Sonic.

Come on female gamers, can't you NOT be spoiled about playing most of the male characters you play as but it doesn't matter WHAT gender of a character you play as? Feminists these days...Maybe Amy is the only solution. Also, a darker and foreboding enemy...Aw hell yeah! This game IS going to be dark! I'm gonna love this to death.

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rex The Kitsune View Post
    I wish people would shut up about Knuckles. He's always had strength, but no muscles to show for it.
    His new design makes sense. Plus, it's awesome that the characters have different body types now.
    I don't mind a character looking strong and all to prove that they're really strong, but yeah that design makes sense because Knuckles' theme song: I'D RATHER FLEX MY MUSCLES.
    Until Sonic Boom = Time to stop being a joke and start being tougher than leather.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    I wish people would shut up about Knuckles.
    That's definitely not going to happen, most fans hate everything that seems "new" when it comes to Sonic games/shows. E.g. Jason Griffith & Roger Craig Smith - Fans never liked it when new voice actors for Sonic kept changing. I don't like Knuckles new design because it keeps reminding me of this guy: Mr.Incredible.
    He's always had strength, but no muscles to show for it. His new design makes sense.
    Many characters have/had strength and no muscles to show for: Link in Zelda Ocarina of Time (except the promotional art concepts), some-female-tekken-characters, Rachet from Rachet and Clank. etc... But they still looked cool, sometimes the muscle design kills the character's look.
    Plus, it's awesome that the characters have different body types now.
    Sonic looks ~badass~ (he also has a rape face now :3), Amy looks... you know (a bit flirtatious in one of the pictures on the sega blog website), Tails looks the farking same, Knuckles looks like he wanted Rouge to notice him so he stole the steroids from Hulk Hogan's bathroom cupboard (but Rouge wasn't around then so he might have tried to impress Sally or some other girl) and Eggman looks a bit fat but he's working out at the same time (in other words - his design is cool).
    *Sigh*... that's why steroids should be illegal look what happened to Knuckles.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    @Critical Dude: But Link had gauntlets and power gloves. I don't really know how to explain the others.

Honestly I think all the characters took a level in ~badass~.
    Do you guys notice the tape on their hands and legs? And also notice their rugged clothing? It looks like they're in some kind of big war with Eggman.
    Eggman looks like some kind of pilot or something. Could he be the leader of a robot squadron or something?
    I don't mind Sonic's new appearance, he looks like a mix of Classic and Modern Sonic. I wish this were a reboot so we could see him like that all the time.
    Tails looks the same.
    Amy looks...hot...?
    Knuckles looks awesome. It would make sense for him to be the big guy of the group. I don't think his skinny arms did him any justice in the previous games. I was playing Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and my little brother, who was like five, asked me why Knuckles was so strong. I couldn't really answer, so I just said "cartoon physics."

Level
    @Critical Dude: But Link had gauntlets and power gloves. I don't really know how to explain the others.
    I should have said "Adult Link" without the gaunlets and power gloves: he can shift big cube shaped rocks and wield a hammer that is completely made out of a heavy metal.
    Do you guys notice the tape on their hands and legs? And also notice their rugged clothing? It looks like they're in some kind of big war with Eggman.
    It does look like they're at war or they're a bunch of desert freelancers.
    Amy looks...hot...?
    Ok... rule thirty f... *shot*

Level
    Oh god, it's happening again...

Anyway, in more specific talk I think each character has a good pro and con to their new looks.

Sonic
    Pro:
    -Taller than before, this is a good thing imo
    -seems like his body is built specifically for speed
    Con:
    -The new design of his quills kinda creeps me out, but I'll get used to it.
    -Those arms *shot* (they are find XD)

Tails
    Pro:
    -Holy molly those gadgets he has look epic, finally he is wearing more than just the normal shoes and gloves. especially the goggles.
    -in the game trailer, his pose made it seem as if his move set is more stealth based to me (given the sly fox idea), so I think that is something to look forward too
    Con:
    -Could still end up being the one getting trapped all the time by the looks of the TV trailer

Knuckles:
    Pro:
    -New body type does remarkably prove original for Sonic characters (Piss off Vector, go back to the computer room) and does display his strength more.
    Con:
    -due to the big change in his desgin, it will take a while to adjust to it, despite evidence to prove it better than the old one.

Amy:
    Nothing to say yet since neither trailer showed her for more then a couple of seconds, doing something with her hammer, so I'll get into reviewing her later.

Overall:
    Pro:
    -The world around them seems to be either a deserted area (get it "desert"ed? *shot again*), and could even be mobius.
    -Possible world similar to the SatAM world, which was epic
    Con:
    -An extreme change from modern high-tech setting to this so suddenly could prove unappealing to the younger audience who knows sonic from things like Sonic Unleashed and Generations (City Escape and other things contributed to the popularity of running through insanely designed cities, seriously, who built City Escape, and how drunk was he?)

Neutral:
    Reminds me of this...

Level
    Just replying to ShadowCM in different parts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post
    Sonic
    Con:
    -The new design of his quills kinda creeps me out, but I'll get used to it.
    It seems like the quills make him look more like a real hedgehog.
    Tails
    Pro:
    -Holy molly those gadgets he has look epic, finally he is wearing more than just the normal shoes and gloves. especially the goggles.
    It really does suit him, he seems to be more "Sonic Chronicles" like.

Knuckles:
    Pro:
    -New body type does remarkably prove original for Sonic characters (Piss off Vector, go back to the computer room) and does display his strength more.
    Oh lol, he does look stronger than vector now (I wonder who would win in a fight - it's too earlier to judge ).

Level
    Holy cow, you guys should see Sonic Stadium and TSSZ now. Fans are having a total shitstorm. Here's some of the things people are complaining about:
    AND YES, THEY ARE DEAD SERIOUS.

Some Random Nostalgic Fan from TSSZ: BLUE ARMS? SERIOUSLY SEGA WHAT THE HELL BLUE ARMS?!
    Some Random Idiot From TSSZ: THE FRANCHISE IS OVER! I'M LEAVING THE FANDOM! >:'(
    Some Random Pervert from TSSZ: The new character designs look like hookers.

And finally, a mix of all three of these:

Some Random Loser from Sonic Stadium: Blue arms Sonic…and theres a game? will this be on going? is this the new sonic? because it it is…hes finally 100% dead for me.

Level
    Looks like someone's very annoyed by the fan's comments:
    Some Random Nostalgic Fan from TSSZ: BLUE ARMS? SERIOUSLY SEGA WHAT THE HELL BLUE ARMS?!
    Some Random Idiot From TSSZ: THE FRANCHISE IS OVER! I'M LEAVING THE FANDOM! >:'(
    Some Random Pervert from TSSZ: The new character designs look like hookers.

And finally, a mix of all three of these:

Some Random Loser from Sonic Stadium: Blue arms Sonic…and theres a game? will this be on going? is this the new sonic? because it it is…hes finally 100% dead for me.
    The fact that you label them like that must show how angry you are, you should know that not everyone likes change.
    And I don't see how a person who says this: "The new character designs look like hookers" is automatically a "pervert".
    That reminds me, earlier you said that Amy looks "hot"... How?

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Dude View Post
    Looks like someone's very annoyed by the fan's comments:

The fact that you label them like that must show how angry you are, you should know that not everyone likes change.
    And I don't see how a person who says this: "The new character designs look like hookers" is automatically a "pervert".
    That reminds me, earlier you said that Amy looks "hot"... How?
    I was just posting about how overreactive some fans are. Like seriously, leaving the fandom because of blue arms?
    It's just like the green eyes all over again.