Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Boom General

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Dude View Post
    That reminds me, earlier you said that Amy looks "hot"... How?
    How though?

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Dude View Post
    Sonic looks ~badass~ (he also has a rape face now :3), Amy looks... you know (a bit flirtatious in one of the pictures on the sega blog website), Tails looks the farking same, Knuckles looks like he wanted Rouge to notice him so he stole the steroids from Hulk Hogan's bathroom cupboard (but Rouge wasn't around then so he might have tried to impress Sally or some other girl) and Eggman looks a bit fat but he's working out at the same time (in other words - his design is cool).
    *Sigh*... that's why steroids should be illegal look what happened to Knuckles.
    Hi, I'm Fuckles The Echidna, I rape EVERYTHING! -Shot-
    Just kidding. But yeah he looks a bit too much like he's on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex The Kitsune View Post
    Honestly I think all the characters took a level in ~badass~.
    Do you guys notice the tape on their hands and legs? And also notice their rugged clothing? It looks like they're in some kind of big war with Eggman.
    Eggman looks like some kind of pilot or something. Could he be the leader of a robot squadron or something?
    I don't mind Sonic's new appearance, he looks like a mix of Classic and Modern Sonic. I wish this were a reboot so we could see him like that all the time.
    Tails looks the same.
    Amy looks...hot...?
    Knuckles looks awesome. It would make sense for him to be the big guy of the group. I don't think his skinny arms did him any justice in the previous games. I was playing Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and my little brother, who was like five, asked me why Knuckles was so strong. I couldn't really answer, so I just said "cartoon physics."
    I think you used the TV Tropes definition of "Took a level in badass" wrong. It's a alternative Sonic universe though, so they were badass just RIGHT from the beginning. For Sonic, he looks just like that one prototype design of himself that was named "Mr. Needlemouse". I even like the cowlick-like straps coming out of his quills. And yes Rex, Amy looks hot, but remember that she's still the best badass in the Sonic Boom series. I'll call her Badass Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post
    Tails
    Pro:
    -Holy molly those gadgets he has look epic, finally he is wearing more than just the normal shoes and gloves. especially the goggles.
    -in the game trailer, his pose made it seem as if his move set is more stealth based to me (given the sly fox idea), so I think that is something to look forward too
    Con:
    -Could still end up being the one getting trapped all the time by the looks of the TV trailer
    Dude, wearing goggles is AWESOME. I even wear it in real life except when I'm sick. I don't wanna barf on it. So I still always wear it. Digimon is my only reason why I like the goggles, the goggles just seems to be having meaning and a "cool" feel to anyone...But some people just say I look weird and out of place with them. > >'

Knuckles:
    Pro:
    -New body type does remarkably prove original for Sonic characters (Piss off Vector, go back to the computer room) and does display his strength more.
    Con:
    -due to the big change in his desgin, it will take a while to adjust to it, despite evidence to prove it better than the old one.
    Why do the characters need design appearance to prove that they're actually strong...? Ain't that a little stereotypical at times? Well, yeah maybe it's nice Knuckles has that.

Amy:
    Nothing to say yet since neither trailer showed her for more then a couple of seconds, doing something with her hammer, so I'll get into reviewing her later.
    ...Dude, she's badass. That's all anyone can say about it. Yet you couldn't judge. ; ;

Overall:
    Pro:
    -The world around them seems to be either a deserted area (get it "desert"ed? *shot again*), and could even be mobius.
    -Possible world similar to the SatAM world, which was epic
    Con:
    -An extreme change from modern high-tech setting to this so suddenly could prove unappealing to the younger audience who knows sonic from things like Sonic Unleashed and Generations (City Escape and other things contributed to the popularity of running through insanely designed cities, seriously, who built City Escape, and how drunk was he?)
    Eh, I don't know anything about SatAM, so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut about it. Also this game needs more of a world similar to Sonic OVA. It's the best and better Sonic Cartoon-Er, movie OUT there of all. Animation adaptations is the better way of putting it, but I don't know how good Sonic Boom TV would really be, so I'm looking foward to that cartoon too.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Level
    I like how this is being praised a lot more than Lost World was. People should just get over the blue arms thing (although Knuckles is fucking ridiculous, it doesn't however affect my opinion towards this new approach in the franchise).

The gameplay and Sonic's scarf are the things that are actually giving me high hopes for this. Oh, and the Wii U version developers.

k

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    I think you used the TV Tropes definition of "Took a level in badass" wrong. It's a alternative Sonic universe though, so they were badass just RIGHT from the beginning.
    What the fark? Hardly, they weren't ~badass~ at all in most of the previous games and shows (then again it's a matter of opinion). The only time that Sonic was truly ~badass~ was in Sonic Riders: ZG and SatBK in my opinion. The rest of the games made Sonic seem like a "Blue guy that thinks he's so cool but acts like a freaking kid which makes no farking sense". Knuckles was ~badass~ in the same games listed above but he was also kind of ~badass~ in Sonic Heroes (a game that made all the characters look like naive children, luckily Knuckles survived that one). Shadow and Espio seem to be the only two that are ~badass~ in most of the games. Silver and Sonic were ~badass~ when they fought each other in Sonic Generations. Amy is the last person to seem ~badass~ in any of the previous games/shows, she's just there as "The girl that Sonic won't date but he will play with her feelings as he's the type of boyfriend/ex-boyfriend that is a jerk".
    Jet the Hawk = ~badass~ (except Free Riders)

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Maybe Lost World was just a side project while they were working on this? It seems like they have a lot of the game done already.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex The Kitsune View Post
    Maybe Lost World was just a side project while they were working on this? It seems like they have a lot of the game done already.
    That would make no sense, if Lost World was the side project, Sonic Boom would have been out first. Also I think gameplaywise we only saw 2 or 3 zones worth of the game, not to mention a game needs to be properly tested to avoid stuff like Sonic 06 glitches and gameplay again. And the article specifically stated that this was a spin-off, and will most likely not reflect the entire franchise, because I think their future sonic gameplans are still in effect for whatever 2015 has to bring.

Level
    I hope another "OHH MAN ITS NOT ON THE 360 OR PS3" rant won't happen again as it did with lost world and as for co-op will it just be another race like it was for 3ds lost world but main game coop for wii u version? Also whats skrillex?

As for this being a spin off pssshhh...this new sonic gameplay will take over the modern sonic boosting gameplay very soon I just bet, and the game looks a lot like sonic chronicles, it could even be a sequel if it had the choice.
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

That little country hidden on the left of Spain that no one cares about. a.k.a Portugal
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSonic View Post
    Also whats skrillex?
    Hmm...
    Fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-not-sure-if-sarcasm-or-serious-e14739.jpg

*le burp*

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSonic View Post
    I hope another "OHH MAN ITS NOT ON THE 360 OR PS3" rant won't happen again as it did with lost world and as for co-op will it just be another race like it was for 3ds lost world but main game coop for wii u version? Also whats skrillex?

As for this being a spin off pssshhh...this new sonic gameplay will take over the modern sonic boosting gameplay very soon I just bet, and the game looks a lot like sonic chronicles, it could even be a sequel if it had the choice.
    I KNOW and HOPE this isn't a Sonic Chronicles sequel. I didn't see any RPG elements in it.

EDIT: "What's Skrillex?"
    Skrillex is a guy who makes dubstep.
    He made the song for the gameplay trailer.

1. www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJVmu6yttiw‎

Level
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...venting-sonic/

Highlights (from Retro):

- Game started development in 2011, when SEGA approached Big Red Button.
    - Big Red Button consists of people from Naughty Dog, High Impact Games (former Insomniac people who made the Ratchet games for PSP) and Heavy Iron Studios. (known for the good Spongebob platformers and some mediocre licensed stuff)
    - Worked together with Crytek to make Cryengine 3 display the game on the Wii U gamepad while also showing it on the TV in co-op.
    - Game is mostly two-player co-op, with sometimes four players.
    - If you play in single player you can switch between the characters. (seemingly like in the LEGO games)
    - Development was started before the Nintendo exclusivity deal. They say it made sense for it to eventually be on Nintendo platforms anyway. (in other words, it started as a multiplatform game)
    - They started working on it with a somber attitude, as broader media initiatives have a poor reputation. But as they worked together with Evan they were pleased to see that he's a gamer as well. After they got together they had no more concerns.
    - Before really working on the games they established base rules like what the world is, what the characters are going to be like etc.
    - Big Red Button, SEGA and OuiDO (the animation studio producing Sonic Boom) shared ideas of what to add to both the game and cartoon.
    - Stephen Frost (the producer of Sonic Boom) thinks they're building a bigger Sonic world than they usually do.
    - Stephen hopes to make more games set in the Boom world.
    - Sonic Boom won't replace the already existent Sonic, they see it more as a branch of the franchise.
    - They hope to draw in new users while also trying to do something new for the Sonic franchise.
    - They went through a lot of potential new designs for Sonic before eventually deciding on Scarf Sonic.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him