Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Boom General

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    ...What complaints about sports tape? What sports tape?
    Some other sites have had some complaints about the sports tape that Sonic and co. are wearing. It's those bandage like things that are on their ankles, wrists, gloves, shoes, and now Sonic's car, if you don't know what sports tape is. They're used in sports, obviously, to help with joints and prevent muscle tears, I believe. Putting in on Sonic's car...hey, video game logic. It's not horrible by any means, anyways.

Those fans can't seriously get used to Sonic's Sonic Boom design? Even KNUCKLES? We already have Modern & Classic Sonic fanboys already...Wow. The Sonic fandom sure is slowly dying off. The merchandise though, do anyone even care about buying those kind of things anymore? Not a lot of teens would want to play action figures and stuff they used to do when they were little kids.
    Please don't say the fandom is dying. That seriously annoys me. It just got split off a slight chunk. And the toys are geared towards kids. Of course you're not going to be appealed by them. It's not for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer View Post
    the toys are geared towards kids. Of course you're not going to be appealed by them. It's not for you.
    *GASPS* How could you say such a thing Sky?!*hugs his Sonic & Tails figures from 2003* Shh, it's okay, the bad man can't hurt you.

Anyway, more on topic, I'd like to ask, do you think an actul car wil be used in the show or game? If so, why would Sonic need a car in your opinion?

That little country hidden on the left of Spain that no one cares about. a.k.a Portugal
    Level
    I highly doubt Sonic will have a car, since he is faster on foot. I wonder, will the Tornado be there?

*le burp*

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kods4 View Post
    I highly doubt Sonic will have a car, since he is faster on foot. I wonder, will the Tornado be there?
    Well, we see a car designed for Boom Sonic, so either it's in the show (because Sonic must race, and it would be unfair to others since he's too fast), or in the game (some gimmick, but I don't think it will be in the game), or it's just a promotional toy item that has no relation to either the game or the show.

The Tornado is in the show. It's in that preview that we saw. Though, if you're talking about the game, then we don't know yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Sonic in a car... Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing Transformed I'm sure if it was in the Sonic Boom gameplay it would be different from any other racing games... Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing Transformed

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Shadow is the same speed as sonic and he uses vehicles in some games outside of the racing series so its possible sonic can be riding a car in game.
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSonic View Post
    Shadow is the same speed as sonic and he uses vehicles in some games outside of the racing series so its possible sonic can be riding a car in game.
    Uhh...no...
    Sonic riding a car would not fit the overall feel of the game. So far it's looking to be a rural or deserted world, I'm not sure a huge blue car covered in sports tape would fit. Plus, in the Wii U trailer, we clearly see Sonic running across an ocean, so he wouldn't need a car to go that fast. I think the car is just going to be an accessory to the Sonic figurine. Little boys like to play with cars, so why not gear Sonic toys toward boys and give Sonic a car to drive in that kids can play with?

Level
    That's a GOOD question Rex. Heck, even Shadow riding a vehicle was unnecessary for him in Shadow The Hedgehog AND Sonic The Hedgehog 2006! Why DOES Shadow need a vehicle to drive if he's fast compared to Sonic?!
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    That's a GOOD question Rex. Heck, even Shadow riding a vehicle was unnecessary for him in Shadow The Hedgehog AND Sonic The Hedgehog 2006! Why DOES Shadow need a vehicle to drive if he's fast compared to Sonic?!
    Actually in some parts of ShTH & STH2006 the vehicles did serve some purpose in certain levels that had areas where you the terrain was not suitable for going on foot (or skates in Shadows case) yet you have to go pass this problem in order to progress by using a vehicle, for example: in the stage Central City (Shadow the Hedgehog), there were areas in the level were the ground had a toxic goop which would cause normal damage to Shadow when he interacts with it via his body but he can use a car to travel across this 'goop' without getting hurt. Although Shadow could just transform into his "chaos modes" (chaos control or chaos blast) and become immune to this 'goop'.

Going back on topic: I think we are all jumping to the same conclusion with the idea that "vehicles used in Sonic Boom will be like using them in STH2006 or ShTH" which is only viewed in a bad way. Seeing as the Sonic Boom games are in development for the 3ds and the Wii U which are being made by the team that did Jak & Daxter, I'm sure that the vehicle gameplay would be different from the previous ways that SEGA did it.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex The Kitsune View Post
    Uhh...no...Sonic riding a car would not fit the overall feel of the game. So far it's looking to be a rural or deserted world, I'm not sure a huge blue car covered in sports tape would fit. Plus, in the Wii U trailer, we clearly see Sonic running across an ocean, so he wouldn't need a car to go that fast. I think the car is just going to be an accessory to the Sonic figurine. Little boys like to play with cars, so why not gear Sonic toys toward boys and give Sonic a car to drive in that kids can play with?
    Yet, its just fine when shadow, who has the same speed and abilities as sonic has the ability to ride a car, sonic can run across water but what if he stops? If he were able to ride a floating boat kind of car he could roam freely going at an acceptable speed and can stop as he pleases without plummeting to his death.Sonic has ran across water a bunch of times, but only if there was a speed pad in the way to make him go even faster in order to start running on the water, if there was no speed pad he probably would be able to do so.
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!