Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Boom General

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kods4 View Post
    From what I can tell so far, the TV show seems rather uninteresting, especially with Roger Craig Smith I'm sorry I just really don't like his voice on Sonic, best example in the trailer at 2:21... So bad... in it wich makes it worse. Good to see Mike Pollock doing what he does best though.
    Don't like the designs except for maybe Sonic's scarf. I'm a sucker for scarfs, makes characters look so ~Badass~.

The game looks ok, don't like the character models much, but it's still a WiP so, yeah.
    Will this be like Sonic Heroes 2? Or will you just play with the same character alternating in between them in stages (kinda like Sonic '06).
    Also, Skrillex? Really SEGA? Skrillex? Come on SEGA...

Overall, show looks disappointing and I'm not a fan of the animation style, it looks like it's made with Source FilmMaker (SFM). Game will probably give me a reason to buy a Wii U in the next 1-2 years, I liked the Jak and Daxter/Ratchet & Clank vibe in what we've seen in terms of gameplay. Sure, it LOOKS good, but will it play well?

TL;DR: Probably won't watch TV show, but will probably grab the game if I like what I see.
    Really? Hm. I was unable to say anything other than crazy shrieking noises for the next hour, I was so excited. XD
    The game looks absolutely amazing. The only reason people have to hate this game is Wii U exclusivity and Knuckles. That's all they've got. This is just like Lost World, you don't know what the game is like till you play it.

EDIT: SEGA SAID IT WILL BE STRUCTURED LIKE SONIC ADVENTURE
    BRO
    I THINK IM FREAKING OUT!

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex The Kitsune View Post
    The only reason people have to hate this game is Wii U exclusivity and Knuckles. That's all they've got. This is just like Lost World, you don't know what the game is like till you play it.
    True, but Knuckles tho...
    If it sucks on the 3ds then I'll just get the Wii U :/

BRO
    I THINK IM FREAKING OUT!
    I'm glad to hear that... getting sick of just playing as Sonic.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Dude View Post
    True, but Knuckles tho...
    If it sucks on the 3ds then I'll just get the Wii U :/

I'm glad to hear that... getting sick of just playing as Sonic.
    SEGA just revealed four player coop!
    This is getting better and better!

Level
    By the way, Sonic Boom will not be replacing the franchise. It's simply a spinoff.

Source: http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/02/...-old-universe/

Just in case that gets brought up.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    This does sound promising (the game anyhow), but I think I will give it more time. Also it has been stated that it is WiiU exclusive, what about the 3DS port CD spoke of above?

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, why the blue arms? Those are gonna bug me for a while. And as stated before "Dear god, Knux, you found my Roids stash again"

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by US Gamer
    Big Red Button CEO and visual director Bob Rafei - who was instrumental in Naughty Dog's Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter - describes the Sonic Boom game for Wii U as "wide linear," but not necessarily open world. Instead, Sonic Boom will feature interconnected hubs, with the game's narrative determining which two characters are available for play in each area and all four characters featuring in boss levels. Every character brings something to the table, from Sonic's speed, to Amy's agility, Knuckles' strength, and Tails' range. There's also co-op play available.

"We have a critical path that we want to make sure every player can access, and there's secondary paths as well," explains Rafei. "There's a healthy dose of platforming in the game. We do have 2D sections in the game and the 3D exploration is all about that. That's not to say that's all the game is."

Rafei says it's "hard to say" at this point what the split between exploration and combat will be, but that combat will be a "major component". He also tells me that Big Red Button has found a compelling use for the Wii U GamePad, but declined to give details at this reveal. The Wii U game is built on Crytek's CryEngine 3, but Rafei was coy on what that means for the game's framerate or resolution.

"I think we're revealing that soon, so I'm going to hold off on that," he says.
    Coop play confirmed, runs on CryEngine 3, is very non-linear, has interconnected hubs, with very interesting gameplay, all brought to you all by the original people who developed Naughty Dog's Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter.

Source: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/soni...i-u-3ds-and-tv
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Dude View Post
    YES THE GAME IS ON THE 3DS!
    ------------------------------------------
    Nice trailer but "them blue arms tho"...
    And I know Kupo-kun loves that scarf :3
    I really like that trailer but I won't watch the real thing, I'm interested in the game.
    The looks better than freaking "lost world" and I bet in that trailer that they showed the Wii U gameplay. Especially how you get to use more than one character again but Knuckles... what the fark happened to him.
    Also the concept art reminds me of Rayman Origins/Legends (not a bad thing).
    It's a bandana on Sonic, not a scarf...

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kods4 View Post
    From what I can tell so far, the TV show seems rather uninteresting, especially with Roger Craig Smith I'm sorry I just really don't like his voice on Sonic, best example in the trailer at 2:21... So bad... in it wich makes it worse. Good to see Mike Pollock doing what he does best though.
    Don't like the designs except for maybe Sonic's scarf. I'm a sucker for scarfs, makes characters look so ~Badass~.

The game looks ok, don't like the character models much, but it's still a WiP so, yeah.
    Will this be like Sonic Heroes 2? Or will you just play with the same character alternating in between them in stages (kinda like Sonic '06).
    Also, Skrillex? Really SEGA? Skrillex? Come on SEGA...

Overall, show looks disappointing and I'm not a fan of the animation style, it looks like it's made with Source FilmMaker (SFM). Game will probably give me a reason to buy a Wii U in the next 1-2 years, I liked the Jak and Daxter/Ratchet & Clank vibe in what we've seen in terms of gameplay. Sure, it LOOKS good, but will it play well?

TL;DR: Probably won't watch TV show, but will probably grab the game if I like what I see.
    But, I like that idea since Sonic 06...Jak and Daxter/Ratchet and Clank hm? I have still yet to play that, as well as Sly Cooper. If I can get a PS2 or PS3 that is. Also I don't think we all know what animation engine is really used for the show, but I guess I'm sticking with Source Film Maker as a guess.

- - - - - - - - - -

Really? Hm. I was unable to say anything other than crazy shrieking noises for the next hour, I was so excited. XD
    The game looks absolutely amazing. The only reason people have to hate this game is Wii U exclusivity and Knuckles. That's all they've got. This is just like Lost World, you don't know what the game is like till you play it.

BRO
    I THINK IM FREAKING OUT!
    People will now have to STOP whining about Sonic Adventure 3. All it needs now is CHAO GARDEN and that's it. Also the characters are FINALLY being useful once again, and their signature moves. This is so beautiful. Sonic Boom better makes a better music legacy. Seriously.

- - - - - - - - - -

SEGA just revealed four player coop!
    This is getting better and better!
    ...Now I want to play with my sisters on Sonic Boom. And EVERYONE.

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post
    This does sound promising (the game anyhow), but I think I will give it more time. Also it has been stated that it is WiiU exclusive, what about the 3DS port CD spoke of above?

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, why the blue arms? Those are gonna bug me for a while. And as stated before "Dear god, Knux, you found my Roids stash again"
    Dude, I don't care about the blue arms. Knuckles looks okay.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Level
    I wish people would shut up about Knuckles. He's always had strength, but no muscles to show for it.
    His new design makes sense. Plus, it's awesome that the characters have different body types now.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer View Post
    Coop play confirmed, runs on CryEngine 3, is very non-linear, has interconnected hubs, with very interesting gameplay, all brought to you all by the original people who developed Naughty Dog's Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter.

Source: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/soni...i-u-3ds-and-tv
    Crash Bandicoot...? Oh boy, that's another one good video game series there. I can't WAIT!

- - - - - - - - - -

I wish people would shut up about Knuckles. He's always had strength, but no muscles to show for it.
    His new design makes sense. Plus, it's awesome that the characters have different body types now.
    Even Amy has a new...Y'know what. Also, now that since people are criticising many things about Sonic Boom now, Modern Sonic fans are NOW confirmed the new nostalgia fans. Even Dreamcast fans are already confirmed nostalgia ones too.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Level
    Exactly! And I don't know why all of you are raging about the blue arms. They aren't a mistake, they are on all the concept arts. Remember, THIS IS A DIFFERENT UNIVERSE. Sonic can look different.