Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College athletes reading at a 5th grade level

Level

College athletes reading at a 5th grade level

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/07/us/nca...eading-scores/

Look how terrible those people are doing...Some of them play like adults, but failed so many tests.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/09/us/nca...-unc-response/ This women even gets death threats and denial for showing college athletes.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Level
    If you can't handle stereotypes, don't even bother reading this:
    Go figure. All they care about is football or whatever sport they want to tour their lives into because all they need to remember is how to breathe and follow directions.

Trust me, I know what this looks and sounds like. I have at LEAST 6 kinds in my Geometry class that are complete douchebags and only care about sports. One of them is a girl who (sadly) was raised to believe that everyone should treat her like the freaking Queen of England, and she spewed her crappy attitude at the teacher. It's unbelievable.

Husbando to a special kitty~♥

Level
    Major stereotyping
    Football players are always idiots. They act like they're the kings of kings, the best of the best, but in reality, they don't have any comprehension besides throwing a ball around in a sweaty jersey. Freaking hate football so much. That probably explains why most of the athletes are bullies and imbeciles at my school

Level
    Stereotypes have to start somewhere, otherwise they wouldn't exist. Although in a lot of cases it's the small group of idiots that people blowup to express one big group (Football Morons, Fat Bronies, Gay Theater Actors, and more), and again even though these still exist, we have to also remember behind the shadow of a loud moron, is a silent genius with the same passions (for the most part).

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    So America really has those type of guys? I thought they only existed in the farking movies, we kind of have the same type of people in the UK but only in certain areas and with certain schools. The secondary school (middle/high school) that I went to had people who liked football (not American football btw) but some were very bright, rude and not ashamed to be bright.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Atleast sports saved a lot of kids from being poor and living on the streets, but only focused on playing sports? They're still suffering. The schools need to be harder and more focused on thinking and education. Maybe they just need a better motivation for education and being smart...Maybe by simply making education fun? Almost everyone hates school and homework nowadays. Without school, how can anyone become smart? Well, perhaps experience IS another thing, but school has like almost everything everyone needs that they can learn about. There is a student IEP thing which stands for Individual Education Plan which I always have, it's not a bad thing it's a good thing for students. Even it helps them out while they have mental disabilities. It helps you reach your connotations and goals too, with such as having extra time to finish homework past the due date, working on homework at lunch, having all finished notes, etc.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    Atleast sports saved a lot of kids from being poor and living on the streets, but only focused on playing sports? They're still suffering. The schools need to be harder and more focused on thinking and education. Maybe they just need a better motivation for education and being smart...Maybe by simply making education fun? Almost everyone hates school and homework nowadays. Without school, how can anyone become smart? Well, perhaps experience IS another thing, but school has like almost everything everyone needs that they can learn about. There is a student IEP thing which stands for Individual Education Plan which I always have, it's not a bad thing it's a good thing for students. Even it helps them out while they have mental disabilities. It helps you reach your connotations and goals too, with such as having extra time to finish homework past the due date, working on homework at lunch, having all finished notes, etc.
    From what I have heard around my school, athletes around my school must maintain a good grade GPA otherwise they won't be allowed to play.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post
    From what I have heard around my school, athletes around my school must maintain a good grade GPA otherwise they won't be allowed to play.
    Your school actually has a good plan there CM.

Level
    My school is BUILT around athletics. Here's pretty much the morning announcements:

"blah blah blah sports blah blah blah weather, oh and there's the library and art club too but nobody cares about them, so more sports! blah blah blah sports sports blah sports! go watch the game tonight!"

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex The Kitsune View Post
    My school is BUILT around athletics. Here's pretty much the morning announcements:

"blah blah blah sports blah blah blah weather, oh and there's the library and art club too but nobody cares about them, so more sports! blah blah blah sports sports blah sports! go watch the game tonight!"
    Oh god, your school Rex...I think it's being way too high on sports.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast