Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wii, DS & DSi online termination!

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level

Wii, DS & DSi online termination!

If you own a DS/DSi or a Wii and you like playing games online then you are in for some bad news as the Nintendo will be discontinuing the online services for those consoles as of May 20th, 2014. This will be very upsetting if you are a Mario Kart DS/Wii fan, a Pokémon Black/White or Black2/White2 fan or a Super Smash Bros Brawl fan.
    Link to source about the online termination: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/W...on-859609.html
    Furthermore the link should also show what games are affected.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    There goes my Sonic Riders: ZG online play idea; literally the one thing that made me want to buy a new copy of that game.
    So basically, (once more people have computers that can handle Dolphin better), doesn't that just mean more popularity to Dolphin Emulators? Especially for the MP now.

Level
    I find this hilarious.

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Also there's a rumour that says there's a DS emulator (desmume) that can get access to Nintendo Wi-Fi connection through an access point called SoftAP and with a special firmware, allowing them to interact with real DS consoles but not with other users of the same interface. Nintendo may have found that and decided to discontinue the Wi-Fi services."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well like I said at the start of this year, "Crappy New Year" kids!
    (Note: I do not own a DS/DSi or a Wii so I am not affected. However I still feel sorry for others who are to suffer from this unfortunate dilemma.)

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Out with the old, in with the new. It's about time they did this, maybe people will actually go out and buy their new consoles now. Smart, Nintendo! Why can't you always think that way?

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex The Kitsune View Post
    Out with the old, in with the new. It's about time they did this, maybe people will actually go out and buy their new consoles now. Smart, Nintendo! Why can't you always think that way?
    Do you not understand not everyone can afford to get one?

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneFreak View Post
    Do you not understand not everyone can afford to get one?
    I understand that, I'm talking about the people who CAN afford them, but stay with the old ones because 'new things sucks.'

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex The Kitsune View Post
    I understand that, I'm talking about the people who CAN afford them, but stay with the old ones because 'new things sucks.'
    So basically you, Mr "I have no money" of all people are on the hype train for saying "screw you poor kids, it's a rich man's world, and you HAVE to buy the newest thing to do anything cool!" There is a clear contradiction in your argument because of that fact. I would think you (claiming to have no money and all), would show some compassion towards people who (like TTA said), have no money for this. I remember friends of mine who had parents work for months on end just to give their kids (my friends younger brothers and sisters) a Wii just last year, are you saying that this machine, merely 3 months old deserves to be shitcanned because you think everyone NEEDS to buy the new console?

Also, this entire concept as a whole is what makes the PC master gaming race, the true master gaming race.

That little country hidden on the left of Spain that no one cares about. a.k.a Portugal
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post
    So basically you, Mr "I have no money" of all people are on the hype train for saying "screw you poor kids, it's a rich man's world, and you HAVE to buy the newest thing to do anything cool!" There is a clear contradiction in your argument because of that fact. I would think you (claiming to have no money and all), would show some compassion towards people who (like TTA said), have no money for this. I remember friends of mine who had parents work for months on end just to give their kids (my friends younger brothers and sisters) a Wii just last year, are you saying that this machine, merely 3 months old deserves to be shitcanned because you think everyone NEEDS to buy the new console?

Also, this entire concept as a whole is what makes the PC master gaming race, the true master gaming race.
    I was about to make a post almost exactly like this, but now screw it.

*le burp*

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post

1. I never said anything along those lines, maybe you should re-read peoples's posts before you jump to conclusions, my dear friend.
    2. I AM showing compassion, I think it is kinda sad people can't afford the things they want.
    3. My god, why does nobody understand me when I clearly made my point? I'm talking about the people that have enough money to afford a console, but stick with the older one because the 'Wii U sucks' or '3DS is just DS with 3D, let's not buy it.'

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast