Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Young gamers?

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan R15 View Post
    >Complains About CoD And Kid Gamers
    >People on CoD insulting you
    >Tired of hearing people raging in the mike
    >Not once was the muting button ever mentioned in this conversation
    Yup pretty much sums up all the problems in this thread,thus rendering the whole point of this convo useless.
    Couldn't have said it better myself

Level
    I think it's all down to the inherent ability of the player and parenting. When I was young, I played through the Megaman Zero series, Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap, the Sonic Advance series, Pokemon FireRed, and Super Mario World, among probably a few other games as well on my GBA. I was never interested in blood and gore or cussing, due to my parents, and my parents were also never good at video games, so it was myself that was just naturally good at video games.

I used to clear Megaman Zero 3 once, twice, or even thrice a day back when I was a lot younger. Being a young gamer does not automatically equate to being bad 100% of the time.

I think it's just nowadays, younger kids aren't exposed to games like those anymore. It seems that most younger gamers just aren't nearly as skilled with those games anymore, cause they're simply not as openly exposed to platformers anymore. Slowly, platformers are fading away from what is called the "mainstream".
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer View Post
    I think it's all down to the inherent ability of the player and parenting. When I was young, I played through the Megaman Zero series, Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap, the Sonic Advance series, Pokemon FireRed, and Super Mario World, among probably a few other games as well on my GBA. I was never interested in blood and gore or cussing, due to my parents, and my parents were also never good at video games, so it was myself that was just naturally good at video games.

I used to clear Megaman Zero 3 once, twice, or even thrice a day back when I was a lot younger. Being a young gamer does not automatically equate to being bad 100% of the time.

I think it's just nowadays, younger kids aren't exposed to games like those anymore. It seems that most younger gamers just aren't nearly as skilled with those games anymore, cause they're simply not as openly exposed to platformers anymore. Slowly, platformers are fading away from what is called the "mainstream".
    You are exactly like me! My childhood was mostly on the GBA. T_T why gba why did u have to go sob sob

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex The Kitsune View Post
    You are exactly like me! My childhood was mostly on the GBA. T_T why gba why did u have to go sob sob
    For me it was SNES and Dreamcast (which I think of as the first Xbox).
    Young gamers should stick to appropriate age games unless they're quite mature for their age.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Agreed, not to mention the spoiled kids who HAVE XBox One consoles and Call of Dooty (SNARK DOOTY SNARK) tend to act like testosterone-fueled crazy jerks. Takes the fellow kids from my school for instance. There's one kid who thinks he's the shit because he has 'an xbox one' and he can play GTA 5. He tends to swear nearly every 5 seconds, wears punk clothing, and has a bad view of girls.
    Oh jeez. 90% of teenagers swear very much. Wearing punk clothing sounds kinda...Stereotypical I guess? Also from the bad view of girls, I WOULD assume it's because he has bad experiences with girls, but that's not a very likely answer and it would be otherwise ridiculous. I'm pretty sure a lot of people don't have THAT much problem with women.

I also have a friend who used to be smart and funny, and kind. But then he got an XBox for christmas and now all he does is complain about how he doesn't get to play ghosts enough and starts swearing all the time. He's also kind of a jerk to people who aren't his friends. It's sad really.
    I'm telling you, there's brainwashing capabilities in those consoles. I will never ever buy that steaming pile of shit that makes me cringe every time someone says it's name. XBox One *cold chills*
    Wow. WOW. That guy is kinda, ugh...Well it does sounds like he's a jealous kind of person I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneFreak View Post
    You know what, It's the people like you who really sicken me saying that these consoles have the ability to control the users minds and such.
    I agree with TTA there. It's like saying that a video game killed that teenage boy who died of heart attack from playing Sonic 06. Which the press BLAMED video games as an excuse.

Do you not really seem to understand that if someone acts like a fag on a game could be for many reasons? They could have simply always been one but hid how they really acted like.

Just from the fact that you two are labeling Call of Duty as "Call of Dooty" Just provides more information how Immature you are being with this situation due to the lack of knowledge of it. I only recently began playing Call of Duty and found out it's not that bad when you are playing with the people with common sense instead of the stereotypical view of the Call of Duty fan.
    I guess. Still, plenty of kids on COD are either acting like jackasses, cry babies, or just too easy to troll. Even plenty of them are spoiled...How DO their parents raise their kids this generation?

I may not have much to say about the other consoles since I've only been using my Xbox 360 but you certainly do not understand that this current generation is not like the one's who grew up in the early to late 90's and possibly early 2000's. I grew up playing FPS like Medal of Honor and others back then but I don't act like a douche just because I have a 360 and think that I should shove the game I consider to be the best damn game ever down anyone throat.

I may be getting off topic here but. I recommend you two actually get a different viewpoint of it before saying something like this, Yes, I know this Generation has shown some distasteful nature like how SOME Little kids can be seen behaving on games but saying that they are brainwashing is just typical from someone the hardcore Nintendo fanbase from what I've seen about you two.
    Mhm. Double agree points.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhire'El View Post
    I think it lies on the gamer instead of the game, you have the choice to act like an retarded chimp on a game or a solid gamer who takes the game lightly or seriously.

Kids shouldn't be handed games if they don't know how to handle them, and parents shouldn't be dumb enough to give their 10 year old son COD Ghosts either, their minds are so feeble and their slow to understand what's good and what's wrong.

I grew up playing Crash Bandicoot, I know what games I like to play, MW3 was fun I gotta say, but it's sort of repetitive, hearing little kids scream on their mics because I shanked them, it's annoying.
    I kinda, agree. The little kids' minds MAY grow as they become smarter and older too. Maybe a few or some little kids are maturer than "those" typical little kids because they had to learn the real world early.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Dude View Post
    Wait so you never minded insults and now you don't want rude posts...
    Make your mind up.
    Anyway I've never had any problem with young gamers as I only used to play online through certain PC games that did not have voice chat but just text chat.
    I think Rex needs to think before he REALLY says he don't mind insults...

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow"Dashy"Dash View Post
    Young gamers?
    depending what kind of young gamer for sure...

The COD young gamer for example, is really cute when he cries because he can't get prestiges.
    The TF2 gamer thinks he can trade 2 Mann Co. Crates for 1 Key.
    The SRB2 young gamer don't even know how to use the chat.
    The Mario young gamer (my sister) gets stuck in W 1-1

But most of young gamers are playing games like Sonic or Mario, so this isn't the end of the world, but I already seen some 6 years guys playing COD, this is a really bad parenting and this is a bit unacceptable. (I'm 12 and playing TF2 but I won't kill my sister just because I get dominated by her, for exemple.)
    Lemme ask this. What if there WAS a TF2 player that only played TF2 JUST for hats? Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan R15 View Post
    >Complains About CoD And Kid Gamers
    >People on CoD insulting you
    >Tired of hearing people raging in the mike
    >Not once was the muting button ever mentioned in this conversation
    Yup pretty much sums up all the problems in this thread,thus rendering the whole point of this convo useless.
    Well posting convo threads are a little easier because you can still have time to reply...So that you're not too late to say anything about it, right? And yeah everyone already knows of the things you listed, even well, everyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer View Post

I'll admit, Sky's viewpoints of younger gamers' skills about the video games is pretty much 90% true. As much as I like Megaman, X, Zero, ZX, Battle Network and Star Force, you guys should just try out Devil May Cry. I know TTA here likes it, but has any one of you played it?

- - - - - - - - - -

For me it was SNES and Dreamcast (which I think of as the first Xbox).
    Well for my childhood...I USED to have a SEGA Dreamcast with Dreamcast Generator Vol. 2 with all those Dreamcast demos that has Sonic Adventure, Rayman 2, Dead Or Alive, Fur Fighters, MDK2, Tony Hawk Skateboarding and Railroad Tycoon. Plus Tomb Raider. I even lost that disc. Even though I USED to have a N64 with those N64 games, but I lost all of those N64 cartridges and lost my N64. I even used to have a Hey You Pikachu! game except I have no mic so I couldn't play it fully. Even I had a Xbox, yet it was the only old console I didn't loose. I lost those old consoles because my dad forgot to bring it with us when we were moving to somewhere else. Atleast we came back for my Gameboy Advance, which was the only one there with my GBA games and got back to our house. No Dreamcast nor N64 was ever sighted either.

Young gamers should stick to appropriate age games unless they're quite mature for their age.
    Uhm. I played Halo when I was around 4 years old yet I wasn't ever scared nor have I ever got interested to try online mode at all. I even used to play with my dad on it almost all the time. Define "unless they're quite mature for their age".
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    Uhm. I played Halo when I was around 4 years old yet I wasn't ever scared nor have I ever got interested to try online mode at all. I even used to play with my dad on it almost all the time. Define "unless they're quite mature for their age".
    I should define it seeing as it has mislead you (sorry). What I meant was mature in behaviour: not acting like a delinquent or an ignorant child that learns all the bad things from video games and tries it out in real life. You're fine Mazefire, I think that you're mature enough to play games that are over your age.

Level
    I gotta say though, I LOVED GOD OF WAR when I was 9.
    I just loved seeing all of that blood and gore and that DMC-esqe gameplay
    and damn, those puzzles really test your logic, you'd be jumping around and hitting stuff when a lever or a box was there the whole time and then you're like;
    WHHHATTT?!?!

But yeah, you can give a kid a M game, like God or Gears of War, it's as fake anyway and it won't really hurt them, ya know, unless you hid your knives, possibly don't own a gun at home or some stupid crap like that.

And that whole platformer thing....its like that Classic Sonic argument, if it lost all appeal to people it's a major fad, I like platformers, but you don't have to shove some 12 year olds face with Super Mario Bros and expect them to play it and be alright with it.

Kid: I don't want to!
    You: EMBRACE THE 8 BIT GRAPHICS, THIS IS BETTER THAN YOUR COD!!!!!
    Kid: Stop forcing me!
    You: THE MEDIA IS BRAINWASHING YOU!!! FIGHT IT WITH PLATFORMERS!!

Just watch, FPS are going to slowly die down as well.

Level
    Exactly. FPS sure are gonna die down so much as well. A LOT of Americans are into FPS. And yet almost EVERYWHERE I hear someone listening to rap. Ugh...Rap is SO overrated.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

That little country hidden on the left of Spain that no one cares about. a.k.a Portugal
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    almost the entire world is into fps.
    ftfy.

*le burp*

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhire'El View Post
    I gotta say though, I LOVED GOD OF WAR when I was 9.
    I just loved seeing all of that blood and gore and that DMC-esqe gameplay
    and damn, those puzzles really test your logic, you'd be jumping around and hitting stuff when a lever or a box was there the whole time and then you're like;
    WHHHATTT?!?!
    ~But that sex scene tho...~ The funny thing about God of War is that you need to do the (optional) sex scene if you want to collect all of the red orbs and completely level up (or learn all the new moves). Played it when I was 12 or 13 on the PSP.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast