Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wii U Discussion

Level

Wii U Discussion

Today I was playing on my Wii U and I realized something.

"Man, this thing has no third party games."

So I went on the internet and found some rather biased articles about the Wii U. And I couldn't help but feel disappointed. The Wii U gets such a bad rap from critics and reviewers that people don't wanna buy it. They would rather go with the XBOX One (which is also currently flopping) and the PS4 (Which is pretty darn good, I must say). I don't think people see the potential in the console. Until you actually turn it on, hold the gamepad in your hands, sit down and actually play with it, you don't know what it's like. I was a bit skeptical about the console myself until I sat down and played for a bit.

It's gotten to the point where the Wii U has been left out of the current generation. Usually if you see a console wars article or picture, it has the XBOX and PS4, but makes no mention of the Wii U. So, I'm asking you guys, what do you think of the Wii U? Do you think it can be saved? And if there are any 3rd party games that you would like on it, what are they?

Also, I don't want any bashing from fanboys of other consoles. This is about the Wii U, and I don't want a war going on here.

Personally, I love the Wii U. It's my favorite console to play on, and although it doesn't have testosterone-fueled shooters. (Actually it does have CoD: Ghosts) I still love it. I like playing the colorful, exciting library of games the system has to offer. Sonic Lost World, Super Mario 3D World, Zelda WindWaker HD, NintendoLand, ZombiU, and indie titles. These are all the games I like to play. Nintendo is like an escape to me, I play it to feel happy and get immersed into a game and escape real life troubles. I don't feel immersed playing shooters or dark and gritty games, with little kids freaking out over their microphones.

I also think the Wii U can be redeemed, if Nintendo makes good choices. I think the Wii U should have ads that aren't just directed at kids, but ones that showcase all the titles, for every audience. I don't think their commercial about the kids convincing the mom to buy them a Wii U made the cut.

The third party games I would like to see on the Wii U would be Bioshock, Minecraft (not likely), Dusk: An Elysian Trail, and others.

Level
    Last weekend I played a Wii U at my friend's house, and I have to say, in short, the console is only good for children and party games. We played Wii Party U and had plenty of fun with that, but upon trying to play a more serious game like LEGO City Undercover, we quickly got bored of it, easily being able to call this the "GTA for Kids"

In short the console is not bad, Nintendo just chose to market it to kids, and most kids on the internet either rage about stupid things, or be quiet and play their games quietly, thus having no voice protecting them from the bias opinions of your 25 year old Xbone/PS3 fanboy.

Level
    Actually loving the Wii U cause I love every Nintendo games but, like Sonic, they loss their difficulty and it is easy to finish a game without lose any life. In lego city, I excepted to be able to 'kill' someone but... it doesn't really worked

EDIT: Also, I don't like PSx/Xbox because we have to pay to play online, for the xbox tough, and I never liked FPS games, espicially CoD. The only FPS I liked so far is TF2 which is actually very fun to play with friends.
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    It sickens me that people act like Xbox and PS are only known for FPS.

Level
    Well, for the retarted guys of my school it's like: lol this guy hasnt got a ps3 and he plays sonic so hes a noob lolololo.Remember that they're French (like me) but they don't even understand what does noob means, they also think that ps3 is best because you can play CoD. (You can actually do this on WiiU)
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

That little country hidden on the left of Spain that no one cares about. a.k.a Portugal
    Level
    Off-topic: There's good games for Xbox/PS3 as well guys, videogames aren't just platformers, you know?

On-topic: I like it, but it's game library is soooo smaaall that it made a lot of people not buy it, me included (even if I'd only buy it in 3-4 years). Most of the games on it can be found in other current gen consoles (and sometimes even better in terms of graphics).

*le burp*

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post
    Last weekend I played a Wii U at my friend's house, and I have to say, in short, the console is only good for children and party games. We played Wii Party U and had plenty of fun with that, but upon trying to play a more serious game like LEGO City Undercover, we quickly got bored of it, easily being able to call this the "GTA for Kids"

In short the console is not bad, Nintendo just chose to market it to kids, and most kids on the internet either rage about stupid things, or be quiet and play their games quietly, thus having no voice protecting them from the bias opinions of your 25 year old Xbone/PS3 fanboy.
    You know you can't really judge a whole console based on two games right?
    Children and party games? Say that to Resident Evil, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, CoD Ghosts, Sonic Lost World, Silent Hill, and BIT.TRIP Runner 3, and others.
    The Wii U has quality games, it's just that no one is trying it out.
    And really man, what did you expect from a LEGO game? It's not even trying to be a GTA game at all. I don't like it, but that one is made for kids, so of course you wouldn't like it either.

Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneFreak
    It sickens me that people act like Xbox and PS are only known for FPS.
    ...But they are? What are some of the best selling games on the system?

Bioshock: Infinite, CoD Ghosts and Black Ops 2, The Last of Us, The Walking Dead...yep, sounds like FPS to me. You can't deny that XBOX and PS3 doesn't have too many good platformers. (Except for PS3 with LBP, love it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kods4
    (and sometimes even better in terms of graphics).
    Not always. The Wii U's graphics engine is very good, and I've seen it get the superior graphical versions of some games, like the new Need for Speed.

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    The Wii U is pretty limited to good games right now (not talking about the remakes, I'll pretend that they weren't even made), but it's the graphics that draw my attention to it.
    SSB4 and MK8 should make its sales go up...

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Everyone in my family is excited about Smash 4. We've all dedicated ourselves to getting it as soon as it comes out.

Our favorite characters:
    Dad - Gannondorf
    Mom - Zelda or Peach
    Bro 1 - Toon Link
    Bro 2 - Sonic or Game & Watch
    Me - Sonic and Mega Man

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex The Kitsune View Post
    The Last of Us... ...yep, sounds like FPS to me.
    But, The Last of Us isn't an FPS at all.

Although on topic, I quite enjoy the Wii U myself. But that's largely because I'm a huge fan of platformer games. I would like to see the Wii U's library be expanded with more third party games in future, there's certainly a handful of underrated gems on there most people seem to have missed mind you. Such as The Wonderful 101, a Wii U exclusive I absolutely adore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast