Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SRB - New Horizons Beta RELEASE!

Level
    So due to some critizes about our -- Let's face it -- bad level design for this level pack tough, I decided to entierely restart FRZ1...
    Then it'll be the end of super linear compressed platforming:

srb20048.png srb20049.png

I didn't setup the skybox for the moment but it will be do.
    Also, due to the time that it'll take to remake every level in the pack (2 in fact X) ) and buff a bit the third I took the decision to sent FRZ1 (This level) instread of SSZ1 in the OLDC because I used the same crappy compressed level design in SSZ1, tough I will include it in the pack.
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    Good luck, also moved this to the WIP section.

Level
    I just started the map yesterday and I think I could eventually complete it toay if I do not attemp to eat cakes today :3
    (I mean the chocolates my sister found in our garden <3 )

EDIT: Also could you remove the old thread please? Since we release an actual beta...

- - - - - - - - - -

Well I have two good news:
    The first one is that FRZ1 is entierely finished, here is a GIF to show you the start of the level, the rest will be shown in the OLDC tough.

140423020725908914.gif

The second one is that we launch a Red Crawla in the sky today, yes in the sky because Sonic's foot isn't big enough to kick him in the space :|
    (Also we kicked another one but we didn't retrieve it since it landeds in the lake.)

331124srb20014.gif

Note: Click on the Images to see the animated version since it doesn't want to animate by itself.

- - - - - - - - - -

So, even if everyone is too lazy to post here (Or just because nobody cares of NH (I use this emoticon since there aren't sad emoticons in the skybase ))
    I still continue to post updates here, and FRZ1 was polished, strangely, it tooks me only 5 minutes to add all these things:

srb20064.png

If you can't see the magnificent sky and these trees, just click on the image to see a beautiful 1280x720 screenshot.
    Also notice that the OLDC version introduces the emblems of this level, even if I need help for the score emblems :|

Level
    this seems to be coming along nicely, is this all in the current download, or are you saving it all for the OLDC?

Level
    Actually all will be coming for the OLDC, for the map pack download, it will be downloadable once Green Hill will be finished, Floral Road 2 will maybe not be avaiable, ----for its complete version tough-- also FRZ1 is now 100% finished and uses a custom texture, it's a 1.5x bigger GFZROCK that were a bit modified.

srb20065.png

Also, Red Crawla now has 2 HP (But they don't fly as shown in a previous post)
    Concerning Green Hill, Sonic100000 is carrying of that, he's done me prouds with the screenshot he provided in a PM. I won't post them here since it will be a surprise.

- - - - - - - - - -

Well, sorry for the double post but I want to know:

Do you guys want to keep the cheesy FRZ boss or a Eggman in his Eggmobile (that I will modify hopefully)

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow"Dashy"Dash View Post
    Concerning Green Hill, Sonic100000 is carrying of that,
    (BTW, I'm called TehRealSalt here.)

Yeah, your progress looks nice. I think it would look better if the skybox mountains were green instead of blue. They look weird near the green islands back there.

I think it'd look even cooler if the mountains were layered; as in putting mountains behind the ones you got there, but it looks fine as is.
    <Rob> i'll fangle your dangle

Level
    So, as it was said at the MB, I updated the boss, it is now the good old Egg Fat-ass Mobile, I tough you were expecting me to do it, I changed some states

Instead of raping the player with MT_ROCKET, Eggman choosen a less speed projectile, MT_TORPEDO.

In the pinch mode, The wild Egg Fat-ass throws you a wild Red Crawla which has 2 HP in New Horizons because his maching is too damaged to fire (or because he is too fat and can't reach the fire button) And after, he flees left or right to avoid being stuck in a beautiful wall.

EDIT: Concerning the mountains in the skybox, I will let them as they are.

- - - - - - - - - -

Do I need to explain what is this image?
    403251srb20070.png

Levels marked by a * are archives, the levels from Beta1.
    To unlock them you will need *SPOILERS*

If you want any informations concerning the mod progress / help us for the mod, contact me via private message.

- - - - - - - - - -

As the first act is now finished, I can now concentrate on doing the second act.
    The second act is based of exploration, the player is in a dark cave. Even if the screenshots LOOKS dark, you can still see the ennemies and other things from far away. (even with the minimal brightness)

srb20072.png srb20073.png

The second screenshot is a WIP for the moment.

- - - - - - - - - -

Hey guys, I'm still alive and I will show you gif of the epic un finished FRZ2!

Click on this to open a site, and reclick on it to see it since my habitual gif uploader can't take this and that the skybase attachements system too. :/

- - - - - - - - - -

Basically, I'm a force of nature!
    So, I just took some time for doing this, HappyFox does the section shown in the second screenshot tough. Also Knuckles has his own path in this level but it is too incomplete for the moment.

Level
    Might I suggest you make the rooms a bit brighter? It seems very hard to see the pictures honestly, unless you were aiming for the dark/hard to see gimmick.

Level
    Actually, the goal of this level is that it has to be "mysterious" and based on exploration that's why it is dark, but thrust me, I can see what's heading for me easyly, even in minimal brightness.
    In the last section that I will make today, the water will raise (like in DSZ1). This room will have a big hole in the ceilling for light, to be sure that the player isn't going to panic because of the darkness in the water.

Level
    Looking good!, If you have enough room on the outside areas, you should put trees, Also are you gonna use Botanic Serenity objects?
    SRB2 Name: Professor-Hedgehog
    SRB2 Server Name: The Professor's Lab
    SRB2 Projects:
    S1RB (Sonic 1 Mod - Reboot)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast