So, I am doing to avoid a long useless text, I'll make it as short as possible.
Firstly, the game is really beautiful, I wasn't expecting more from this. Secondly, the level design is really good, not the best, but really good.

Now let's talk about the difficulty, yes, there is supposed to be difficulty, even if there are NONE.
The game is really easy, 3 stars rank are as simple as getting first in all circuit (You had to not be hit too much and be first in old MK), secondly, the only difficulty in 150cc is the point that the bots aim better with Green Shells. Doing cups in 150cc allows you to do all the other cups with them (50 and 100cc are completed with the same number of stars you get in 150).

Now, let's talk about the new characters:
I am okay with the Koopalings, but... Baby Rosalina? WHY? And... Pink Gold Peach (I don't find a better translate for Peach D'or Rose). Those characters are pointless. Also noticed that regular Rosalina's voice changed.

Now the circuits:
Mushroom cups one are well designed and simple, the anti gravity is introduced early in the first circuit.
My favorite one is the 4th one, Thwomp Ruins has an awesome music and I loved how you was abble to drive on the walls.

Flower Cup is also, eh.. awesome! Like the mushroom cup, my favorite is the 4th one, Shy Guy falls is epic.

Star Cup, same as all the others, Mount Wario is really good, the Mario Club (Or something like this, the disco kind circuit) Is also very good.

Special Cup was maybe the worst I have ever seen. The Rainbow Road is bad, it's way too easy, you basically CAN'T fall. Even if the bowser castle was cleary good.

I will not talk about retro cups because they're all very good, the best circuit of the game is... N64 Rainbow Road, I loved how it was remixed, and that awesome music...

And you, what do you think of Mario Kart 8?
Post here your best replays and your impressions!