Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tutorials?

Level

Tutorials?

Sky, you should make an area to post tutorials on doing things in SRB2DB. Some people may have trouble understanding the wiki and need it explained in "layman's" terms. (lol)
    Like for example, I made a tutorial covering the basics of speed pads complete with many images- http://srb2skybase.org/mb/showthread...=1926#post1926

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Colson View Post
    Sky, you should make an area to post tutorials on doing things in SRB2DB. Some people may have trouble understanding the wiki and need it explained in "layman's" terms. (lol)
    Like for example, I made a tutorial covering the basics of speed pads complete with many images- http://srb2skybase.org/mb/showthread...=1926#post1926
    Espically with polyobjects, gargoyle puzzles and flipping upside down when you jump in ERZ1.

Level
    I need help, When i'm makeing a map it don't save nodes what i do?

Level
    Is there any thing outside the red lines????

Level
    I'd gladly do it. After all I've been mapping for almost a year now and I won the OLDC CTF division, so I guess that all the stuff I learned from the OLDC and from personal experience is enough for me to teach you guys a few things.
    Now answering a few of your questions:
    1. You do not want to create anything outside the red lines. The lines are there as a boundary. Anything created outside them will probably crash the game or the level. In other words they're there for a reason.
    2. Nodes you say? Seems like a technical problem to me. However you may have stitch vertices off which can sometimes cause this problem.
    3. Poly objects, gargoyle puzzles, and gravity flip huh. I could go more in depth on that however I do not have the time right now. Maybe some other day.

Level
    You will probably NEVER go outside the red lines. Not even NAGZ is that big.
    It's just one of the limits to keep the game from crashing.

Level
    This might take a while to create all tutorials...
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    Create all tutorials? I never said that. I meant tutorials-on-demand where users request them.

Level
    how about a port forwarding tutorial?

Level
    Port forwarding tutorials won't work. Reason is because some people have different routers than others and some don't even have a router or know the difference between one and a modem.
    Torgo has a pretty good P.F. tutorial on the Srb2 MB somewhere. Also if you don't know what terms like TCP, UDP, IP Address, Gateway IP, Virtual Server, DNS and other terms like these mean then I suggest you don't try Port forwarding on your own or you might seriously screw something up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast