Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Park Valley [Reborn]

1. Park Valley [6.0] Details »

Park Valley [6.0]

Developer Last Online: Mar 2024
      Category: [Level Pack] SRB2 Version: v2.2.x   Rating:  (1 votes - 4.00 average)
      Submitted: January 19th, 2011  
      WAD File Level(s)

My Hangout Map, Park Valley!

Park Valley is a hangout map designed for exploring, with quite a bit of things to find. With some story elements to itself as well.

Update on Park Valley
      There is now a MB Release, check out the post here.
      Updates have stopped here, go to the MB to get the newest version.

Problems/bugs:
      -Crashes may occur due to change music happening when the audio engine wasnt ready for a music change

Park Valley Carnival Updates
      After a lot of time, I finally spruced up the beta a bit more and added some of the newer features

Added:
      Restaurant (instead of a food stand)
      Ring Toss
      Lost n' Found Booth (WIP)
      Prize Booth (WIP)

We also have 4 open slots for anyone that wants to have a personal booth in this wad.
      UPDATE: 4/1/13
      ShadowCM (in progress) added map park valley carnival

Screenshots:
      srb20028.png
      srb20031.png
      srb20029.png
      srb20032.png

UPDATE(July 17 2013): Park Valley Carnival (Beta) *Outdated*
      MediaFire

Files:
      *Park_Valley_Vx.x.x.x(.x).pk3 - The main pk3 (Or recent version)
      PVTP_Vx(.x).pk3 - Park Valley The Past, see the older versions if you so desire, due to requests of this coming back, I've went back to this and made it better. And added more info on the history of these versions.
      M_PKB_Vx(.x).wad - A remastered Park Base that's more for 1v1s. A replacement for Park Valley The Past, which is something I hated to look at for years.

The extra (.x) is if it is a hotfix if there was one.
      Where x is the version number.
      *first two numbers is Park Valley's Version, other two is the Island's Version number

Pictures of 5.2
      srb20114.png-A Skybox
      srb20101.png-A new look for the Hotel + 4 more rooms
      srb20110.png-A tiny new home
      srb20097.png-Modified Frost Columns 2.0 blocked off in Match modes

The Island 0.9 Screenshots

Updates
      Old updates
      2.0/2.1 Changelogs
      Update:2.4.3 Beta
      Update 1
      Added more room for the map and more things...
      A food place has been added...
      The secret (my home) is not a secret anymore (trying to edit the place so it wont feel... copied...).

Update:2.4.3 Beta
      Quick update!
      Fixed storyline

Patch 1
      Pv-music.wad
      Music and sound file in file!

Update:2.4.5.1 Beta, Public Test version.
      Update 2
      Fix Texture Error in food place
      (thanks to Wind) New Link for the patch (PV-music.wad) The Mirror Is a instant download.
      Add more stuff in Joey's home (Still cant get in, still trying to put more in there)
      (Srb2CB Only:Skybox,Ballon fountain)

Update = 2.4.7 Beta
      Fixed some texture errors
      Changed grass textures (again)
      deleted some flame sprites, to turn down the lag alittle to 34/35
      Fixed for less lagged online mode
      Added soem more stuff in the "home area" (Joey's home for that matter) but still locked from getting in the castle :/.
      Looking for some people to help me on this wad...
      Added colormaps in water.

Update = 3.0.2 beta
      I have no idea what this update was, I guess it was something with the hotel?

UPDATE: 4.0B (lets skip some numbers shall we?)
      Fixed issue with the music/sky changes between the park and the house.
      Changed the cut scene text temporarily to say its a conversion.
      Removed extra Player 1 spawn point (now you should start in the normal place)
      Added Player 2-6 so people don't spawn on top of each other

UPDATE: 4.3
      The secret update.
      Changed the teleport to the other area so it would be more of an entrance.
      Added 2 more rooms in the Hotel with TVs!
      Fixed up the random Placement of rings and monitors.
      There was left over wall textures I found when Markus was editing the map, so I used one of them in the hotel.
      I added a few textures, but they are mainly for consistency reasons as to fit other textures, but also one that's mainly a joke I pasted on one of the TVs
      [Hotfix 3/4/18] I rebuilt the nodes so there are less graphical issues in OpenGL.

UPDATE: 5
      The map is now smaller! It was enough to get rid of visual bugs in software and make it look better too. (or at least in my opinion)
      Fixed some textures being misaligned somewhat
      Fixed textures being either missing or wrong
      Adjusted several sectors and items to fit the resize of the map.
      Software mode is now fixed up cause of the resize. (Oh thank god)
      NOTE: Due to update 2.1.22 big rooms will no longer have glitch artifacts so any old version of Park Valley will also have Software mode supported.

Update 5.2
      The cutscene that shows general changelog before the level loads is now been removed
      Added Version Number to the end of Park_Valley.wad
      Updated the Hotel's Interior textures, while also adding 4 more rooms
      Added a Skybox as mentioned back in 2013
      Added a new tiny home for people to hang out in
      Added Stairs that goes onto the edges of the map, no more jumping from higher points and water boosting to get up there as Sonic now
      Added a Picnic area
      Blocked off the Modified Frost Columns 2.0 during match modes if people so desire to play match on the map
      Park Valley can be selected in Match modes
      Moved emerald locations
      Made every door Intangible so people can't be crushed by the vertical doors.
      More Ring Placements
      Removed some flowers to help counterbalance performance with new ring placements
      Modified a small part of the river
      Removed the Change Sky linedef actions for modifications that add a day and night cycle.
      Adjusted Frost Columns brightness in some places to it being day instead of cloudy.

Update 5.4
      General
      -Put Park Valley into a PK3 to decrease filesize (By almost half of the newest dev build)
      -Added credits in the MAINCFG lump
      -Added who created the map into the subtitle
      Map Changes/Additions
      -Expanded the Crystal Area and change the way you lower the wall to enter it
      -Also added another exit to the Crystal Area at the end so you don't have to go backwards to leave
      -Added Park Valley Museum, which is unfinished for now but enjoy some of the history of it that I have in it already!
      -Adjusted Main Area Skybox to be less taxing to performance
      -More brightness adjustment changes in FC2.0
      -Fixed some holes in the map that can be seen in OpenGL
      -Getting set for the Frost Columns 2.0 House rework by adjusting some minor things
      Halloween
      -Added a palette thats activated when loading into the map (Must be in software to see the colormap)
      -Lowered brightness of some areas of the map for the palette to be full effect

Version 5.5
      -Adjusted some texture alignments
      -Adjusted the skybox
      x-removed the Halloween palette
      -Reworked the FC house area with replaced textures, added details, adjusted some things, ect.
      -Added more things to the museum
      -Added a lua that puts information on screen about any map image you're looking at
      -Added another music track that was used for PV at one point
      -Added another jukebox to set the music to default
      -Adjusted the walkway that goes into the entrance to the museum
      -Added a bathroom to the tiny house.
      -Added little flower areas in front of the hotel and behind the tiny house
      -Some other changes I don't remember at this moment

Version 5.6 (Wait... Its not CHRISTMAS YET! 2 edition)
      Christmas event starts!
      -Textures, Flats, and things replaced to be Christmas themed
      -Any Water is now Ice
      -Added a Christmas Tree to the FC area
      -Added on/off buttons for the snow fall, for performance reasons.

General additions
      -Added a sign to the front of the museum
      -Added a info area that recommends you the settings thats optimized for PV. (this was added due to the fact some people kept saying the map was framedropping them in SW when I never had them, I test this map in 1080p software ffs.)
      -Added a new room for the museum dedicated to Frost Columns
      -"What if Obama came to your house"
      Changes
      -Hotel carpet textures changed to darker, much easier on the eyes textures.
      -Updated some text on the museum to avoid confusion.
      -Added text to areas that you arn't suppose to be in (like noclipping into the smiley skybox) for reasons why you arn't allowed to do that.
      -Changed how the exit works, now everyone has to be there to trigger it.
      -Updated some textures/sprites to be their 2.2 variants
      -Changed the error in the Change Skybox script to say that it tried changing the skybox before it checked if skyboxes exist. This is for players that join midgame while Node 0 is on a change skybox sector.
      -Lowered the amount of vertices in the skybox to help any framerate issues (Request)
      -Lowered the amount of rings to help any framerate issues (Request)
      -Connected everything together on the skybox

Bug/Visual fixes
      -Fixed the ceiling of the small house being a bit lower than the rest of the house.
      -Fixed some holes in the map
      -Fixed waterfall in the crystal area having a floating rock texture in OpenGL
      -Fixed some fofs in the Small house being a "continuously falling sector" sometimes killing the player.
      -Fixed a rare issue where the FC entrance door would not open in coop modes and would require the map to be restarted.

2.2 Changelogs

Version 5.7 Official 2.2 port
      Park Valley 5.7 the offical 2.2 port
      General
      -Fixed and updated things to the 2.2 layout (Change skybox, general map height, Bustable block sprites, flat alignments, ect.)
      -Due to 2.2 having bugs with change music, the best I can do is just close the music room (its still available in singleplayer)
      -Updated most textures to the png format
      -removed any textures that were used during 2.1 as those textures are unneeded.
      -fixed any oddities with any visual glitches during the beta port phase
      Additions
      -Reworked the crystal forest area.
      -Added a cabin
      -Added an extra secret, you'll find out when you find it (You can't noclip to it).
      Some other things I may have forgotten

Update 5.8
      -Adjusted sectors that don't cause part of the Christmas tree to disappear
      -Added a fade in the music in the cabin so the ambient can be better heard
      -Fixed Captions
      -Closed museum and hotel for match modes

Update 5.9
      -Christmas event is over
      -Reworked Scenery object placement to help performance
      -Any messages that were global are not and those that were suppose to be are now
      -Added winter flowers (in the museum)
      -Modified the Snow GFZ Flower to fit the other flower color scheme
      -Removed any unused objects (basically any object that was already in 2.2 like the snow bushes)
      -Added version 5.6-5.8 to the museum
      -Added extra text that adds what version made the map smaller
      -Added doors and desks to the hotels, finishing the Hotel rework
      -Reworked the Lava and ice part of the crystal area to adjust the difficulty of said areas
      -Added a teleport that leads to the end of the teleport if someone already finished it.
      -Changed the Crystal area unlock text to be more specific where its located
      -Removed the barrier that blocked off the jukebox room in the museum due to the bug being fixed in 2.2.1
      -Added a Rolling Rock arena for people who want more interactivity
      -Added respawnable monitors to the end of the crystal area for a better incentive to go through it
      -Reworked the anti noclip in the crystal area, you will now be sent to the beginning of the level
      -The origin spot got redesigned so its not just random sectors anymore and has added detail
      -Any minor fixes I dont remember

Hotfix 5.9.1
      -Removed dropshadow sprite (was meant to be a joke that I forgot to remove)
      -Fixed some textures that were left over from the christmas theme
      -Fixed a spot in the ice part of the crystal area where you werent being teleported when touching the water

Update 6.0B
      -Ego hunt, collect 30 to awaken the Master Ego
      -Minor updates to the Crystal Area

Update 6.0
      -Added a new map The Island
      -Added an alternate ending to the Ego Hunt
      -Added a counter to how many Egos were collected
      -Fixed certain exploits
      -Changed the entrance to the Rolling Rock Arena
      -Added colormaps to the Crystal Area
      -Added Segway Ego
      Frost Columns 2.0 changes
      -Added another enterance/exit that leads to the other outside area.
      -Added Ice Pillars

Park Valley 6.0 hotfix
      -Fixed exploit that could sequence break the alternate ending with noclip
      -Changed the sky to a better looking one, also changing the sky for the Master Ego
      -Changed version text for the sign in the spawn area

Park Valley 6.0 hotfix 2
      -Fixed not being able to go into the grass skybox even though its unlocked

Park Valley 6.1
      -Added Park Base, its located at the corner of the park
      -Added more notification to the Alternate Ending of the EGO hunt that its activated for everyone
      -Added 5.9 to museum
      -Made the last ice platform bigger so its harder to miss in the crystal area
      -Made a not climbable platform in the ice area in the crystal area climbable being more consistent to all other platforms that are climbable

The Island 1.0
      -Finished the Sky Temple
      -Pizza
      -Adjusted the EGO Segway object
      -Fixed some skyboxes slightly breaking when teleporting to other areas
      -Added the smiley skybox
      -Added a room in the lighthouse
      -Adjusted some text removing any that says that the sky temple was closed

Park Base 3.0
      -Re added Park Base with a huge rework so its much bigger and more to move around in

Park Base Hotfix 1
      -Replaced old level icon

Park Valley 6.2
      -Adjusted some texture alignments and the general map for tiny performance boosts for weaker machines
      -Added a reference to PVTP in the museum
      -Added Location names when going to bigger sub areas
      -The MB Release

Park Valley 6.3
      -Halloween event, changes textures, objects, and has a custom palette
      -Changed the sprite for the Ego toads in Park Valley for the Halloween event (master ego is the same)
      -Preparation for a future event
      -Updated the colormap for the water for the forest part of the Crystal area
      -For the Halloween event: A Weather toggle so you can change whether or not you want the rain or not. (this is client sided and wont affect anyone else)
      -The hidden room in the museum has its broken room changed.
      -Made the file size smaller by 1,165KB (or 1.16MB~)

The Island 1.1
      -Added more rings
      -fixed a few missing textures
      -other small changes

Park Valley 6.4
      -Retextured everything for the Fall season
      -Added Fall Season Variants of the Flowers/Bushes
      -Changed the exit teleport in the Crystal Area (Ported from TMPack)
      -Fixed a visual error in OpenGL being able to see parts of Park Valley from Park Base.
      -Adjusted the museum to feel a bit more open rather than cramped
      -Rolling Rock arena now gives you a shield on either platform, and removes all your rings in the arena, due to exploiting with Super
      -Remote does things now
      -More preparation for a future event

The Island 1.2
      -Adjusted Park Valley's Cameo in the Skybox
      -Changed some text that some EGOs say.
      -Minor visual fixes for OGL
      Park Valley the Past v2
      -Added versions 4.0B and 6.0
      -Added a new map based on old and rejected ideas "Cave of Mystery", find it by finding 10 egos, the same as unlocking the AF version.
      -Fixed the April Fools Rick Roll object not looping properly
      -Fixed missing texture in the April Fools map
      -Modified some maps to be more accurate to the original versions

New update

Park Valley 6.5 Christmas-Christmas theme, textures, objects, and added geometry
      -Finale event has started! This will last 3 versions
      -Collect objects to create a teleporter and stop Park Valley from imploding
      -Added Alternate View points for Park Base to be able to see whats happening live in certain spots of Park Valley
      -Added a button
      -Buffed the amount of rings that get removed when entering the Rolling Rock arena due to people making funny binds
      -Changed MARIOW7 to the one in Community Asset Pack

The Island 1.3
      -Adjusted some dialog text
      -Removed Park Valley Cameo

Park Valley 6.5.1
      QOL hotfixes, Even though there weren't many problems that needed an immediate hotfix, looking through a server that hosted it made me think of some fixes that might make things better for multiple people

Park Valley's Void area adjustments
      -You can now reenter the sector that opens the wall in Frost Columns to see where it is instead of it only playing once (it is now moved slightly so its easy to dodge when you dont need to step on it again)
      -Generator Room now has 10% less gravity than normal bringing it from 200% to 190%
      -You can no longer softlock the Gargoyle Color Puzzle with Milne's Pickup ability (and probably any character that picks up objects)
      -There is now a colored floor under the respective Dyed Gargoyle to tell which colored sector to bring it to as it was confusing for some
      -A Thank you Room has been added for extra details about the Event and Special thanks

Minor Changes/Fixes
      -Changed the Hotel Interior texture in Park Base as it was still using the Fall version
      -Added more anti-noclip areas in the Crystal Area for servers that allow Noclip for less cheese
      -Moved certain control sectors to avoid sequence breaking with servers that allow Noclip

Notice:Park Valley and The Island are pretty expansive maps and are made for Software, Low end computers may have trouble running them, for the best performance, use OpenGL if Software is giving frame rate issues.

Downloads

Additional Notes

• Please be mindful of using other people's works. If the modification is not marked as "Re-usable Content", ask the developer for permission before using their work in your mod.

Level
    I've upped the WAD file size limit, so you could probably upload the music file here now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    Ok, Just to clear this up, the music file optional, It can be used and not change the exe (AKA, gets modified)
    Last Post Winner since December 2015

Check out Park Valley in the MB
    Switch Friend Code: 8019-6265-2223

"Can't let you do that Star Fox." -Wolf

Level
    Still not enough... make the file limit 40,000 KB or higher.

Edit: THe other post didnt post untill this one came in The heck?

Level
    So, it's a hangout map? Either way, it does have some effort in it. I found the beginning cut scene rather amusing.
    Oh and you've got yourself a nasty visual glitch in the "indoor area" (not sure what you call it):

Oh and in till the music file gets uploaded to the forum as an attachment, here's a mirror. (I had to wait a full minute and 20 seconds just for the music file

PV-music.wad: http://wind.srb2skybase.org/files/PV-music.wad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    WindHedgehogX: I only like dbz and hentai

Level
    I know about the No texture bug thing and i fixed it it will be uploaded when the next version is up... Im putting some thing in the other place... and I call the Indoor place the food place... lol.
    And thanks for the Pv-music mirror.

Level
    Okay, Joey, the music wad and PV are pretty good but PV-music wad tunes 1 is ear rape.

Level
    LOL! Sorry...it is not that loud, it's loud but not much... just turn down the volume until I get a better version or get another song.

EDIT: Why is the pictures missing? WHERE'S MY WAD?!

Edit2:Like I said to Sky, my computer Deleted everything!

Level
    Sorry for double post but,I have the wad back, but i need pictures and a mirror, If someone helps me they can help me on the wad with me!

Level
    Pictures of...?
    With no luck in space, Vector travels to Europe in search of his beloved computer room
    ..but than he took up several jobs like collecting hermit crabs and racing on flying boards to buy a new computer room.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast