Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is SRB2 even fun anymore?

Level

Is SRB2 even fun anymore?

So since 2.1 was release SRB2 hasn't been the same anymore no ones barely play the game and I have TBH gotten tired of the game too.

So is there a point for this website to be named after the game?
    Should the name be changed?
    Or is there any way to keep SRB2 more exciting for all?
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    Go to the Main message boards
    You'll see.
    Salad Eater

Level
    The problem with SRB2 is the lack of actually fun servers. I'd like to host but since I live in France, people have really high ping on my server, which makes it extremely frustrating. The problem is also that the map rotation is fastly done in 1P.
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lat' View Post
    The problem with SRB2 is the lack of actually fun servers. I'd like to host but since I live in France, people have really high ping on my server, which makes it extremely frustrating. The problem is also that the map rotation is fastly done in 1P.
    I live in Poland and France to Poland is one country left so i probolly din't get so high ping.

- - - - - - - - - -

But i still think that SRB2 is fun because always you can mess with wads and make fun with them.
    Amateur of wading,drawing and Match

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkower8181 View Post
    I live in Poland and France to Poland is one country left so i probolly din't get so high ping.
    Then I would suggest to have a try.
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    SRB2 is plenty fun, they just need better dedicated servers that don't stay on CTF the entire time. Although they have the best ping rate most of the time and they're literally almost ALWAYS online, no one goes on them and they stay barren and empty. Sonic Team Jr needs to simply turn that around, or no one will go on them and stay on the regular server. They also need to rewrite the netcode badly. Although the version I first played was 2.1.8, LJ Sonic played older, and showed me in a server we both played on that a lot of the things in 2.1.8 were worse than the older versions, like having re-syncs instead of consistency. If they want to basically save this game, they need to do a lot.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Firework917 View Post
    SRB2 is plenty fun, they just need better dedicated servers that don't stay on CTF the entire time. Although they have the best ping rate most of the time and they're literally almost ALWAYS online, no one goes on them and they stay barren and empty. Sonic Team Jr needs to simply turn that around, or no one will go on them and stay on the regular server. They also need to rewrite the netcode badly. Although the version I first played was 2.1.8, LJ Sonic played older, and showed me in a server we both played on that a lot of the things in 2.1.8 were worse than the older versions, like having re-syncs instead of consistency. If they want to basically save this game, they need to do a lot.
    I seriously agree with you especially the resyncs every time a person joins my server the game resyncs the joined players and unsuccessfully the game kicks the players out over and over again!
    Also many other options doesn't work in 2.1 as well like cheats, whenever I set the option to respawn item boxes the game never does that also the setlives/setrings cheat doesn't work unless you're in single player so it makes no sense I thought 2.1 was suppose to make SRB2 better but it made crap worse.
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSonic View Post
    So since 2.1 was release SRB2 hasn't been the same anymore no ones barely play the game and I have TBH gotten tired of the game too.

So is there a point for this website to be named after the game?
    Should the name be changed?
    1. Actually there are still plenty of people that play SRB2, I still meet new players almost every time I play as well as getting to play with many of the players I have met in the past.

2. The forum was originated about SRB2, but the homepage clearly states
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2 Skybase Homepage
    This place was originally built as a Sonic Robo Blast 2 fan community, but it has evolved into a community for more than just that!
    Meaning obviously that although it was originally meant for SRB2, it has become more than just that, and the name has no reason to change in the first place, since Sonic Robo Blast 2 is still a big part of the forum here.

3. Finding excitement in something is something that you have to do and try to put effort in, you can't expect your own emotion of excitement to be handed to you. I personally like SRB2 still because I still have many people who want to play with but many other players could differ because everyone has their own reasoning.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post
    1. Actually there are still plenty of people that play SRB2, I still meet new players almost every time I play as well as getting to play with many of the players I have met in the past.

2. The forum was originated about SRB2, but the homepage clearly states

Meaning obviously that although it was originally meant for SRB2, it has become more than just that, and the name has no reason to change in the first place, since Sonic Robo Blast 2 is still a big part of the forum here.

3. Finding excitement in something is something that you have to do and try to put effort in, you can't expect your own emotion of excitement to be handed to you. I personally like SRB2 still because I still have many people who want to play with but many other players could differ because everyone has their own reasoning.
    I agreed with you ShadowCM SRB2 forever will be the one of main topics at Skybase.
    Amateur of wading,drawing and Match

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSonic View Post
    Idk make a mod?

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast