Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glaber's intro thread

Level

Glaber's intro thread

Hello, I'm Glaber.

Some of you might have seen me on the Official SRB2 Forum, as I have seen some of you over there.

I really Like modding for SRB2, but have recently decided to move to here in hopes that I don't get torn to shreds.

It's not that I don't like criticism, just that witch demeans.

Level
    Welcome to the Skybase!

In comparison to the official SRB2 forums, the Skybase is much laxer, so you don't really need to worry about being torn to shreds here. We're not as active, but we're not dead, though the SRB2 content here is a little lacking in comparison to the official SRB2 forums.

Enjoy your permanent stay!
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer View Post
    Enjoy your permanent stay!
    Oho?

Welcome to Skybase! I hope that you'll enjoy your stay.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Welcome to the Skybase; please try to use proper english spelling and grammar if you can help it, read the rules, and enjoy your stay.

Level
    Welcome to the Skybase, where Big Brother continues to watch you. Carry on as you were and don't have a doubleplusungood day.

Level
    I'm sorry about the rude members of the MB who put you down and prompted you to leave. (incidentally, if I ever came across that way myself, I apologise, I just try to give fair and constructive criticism).

Anyhow, I just lurk here for the most part, so I'll leave you be.

Level
    well, lately, it's be the developers, it feels like even if I am working in the right direction they want me gone. I know I have a track record, but this time I actually had some help on the stage I submitted to the OLDC.

That little country hidden on the left of Spain that no one cares about. a.k.a Portugal
    Level
    Heya, welcome to the Skybase. Hope you enjoy it here!

*le burp*

Level
    ]Nice to see you here! But why would some people on MB want you gone? I mean you have good ideas.

D00D64 is offline Probably sick of your shit.
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Glaber View Post
    well, lately, it's be the developers, it feels like even if I am working in the right direction they want me gone.
    Well, here's the reason why; you're a glacier.

You move, but slowly. Very slowly. Very, very slowly. Years making maps and barely exceeding the level of a 12-year-old's holiday weekend slowly. All this time spent making maps, and you barely budge an inch. For years, you have shown almost the EXACT same level of skill for how to actually make anything GOOD. You may know how to map and how to do things like SOC, but that doesn't mean a damn thing if your maps are so alarmingly CONSISTENT in their bland qualities. The same bland level design, the same enemies returning (those ugly Motobugs were how old?), the same insistence that your pesudo-slopes were ever good, the Insurmountable Waist High Fences, you barely learned a thing. You have been going in the right direction... very, very, very, very, very, very, VERY, VERY SLOWLY.

It's gotten so bad, people don't WANT to give you critique because they know you are incapable of listening and improving. You may remove one or two annoying things but the rest of your level design skill never improves. One staff member (not giving names, but HINT: it's not Mystic, as much as people like to blame shit on him) even wanted to outright ban you from the OLDC due to your inability to learn what works and what does not. It has literally become a chore to us. Even SpiritCrusher, who LOVES spouting essays at even the most amateur maps (or perhaps because of how poor they are), refused to give you the same treatment as any other mapper.

So yes, we are sick of you. Sick of how statuesque you are in your efforts. Sick of how you are impossible to help. We cannot assist you anymore, Glaber. It's been so many years. We tried. We really did try pushing you in the right direction. But you're just not moving much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast