So, there's been this game in development for a while called Gunscape. It started development early this year,

The game's actually pretty early in development, as to be expected with a game that just started, but they're close to the beta stages. While the game's in alpha, it has a free demo, so if you're considering trying it out you should do so now. Simply put, it's a hybrid of a lot of classic FPS games, such as Doom, Quake, and TF2, and Minecraft. You can make your own levels, and then battle your friends on them. It's Quake influences are really showing at the moment, but they're trying to linger away from it.

Right now, the game is really struggling, because there isn't a solid playerbase. People are always coming and going, so most of the time, no one is playing in a very multiplayer-based game, which isn't good. Even if this isn't your type of game, if you could spread the word it'd really help. I made a Steam group to organize matches, but I'm not here to advertise my group.

If you enjoy it, you might want to buy a copy. Founder status is only $10 USD, and you unlock everything that they will later charge, so it's totally worth it's price. I think anything past Gold Founder is a little pricey, though, so I wouldn't go for it. If you have no money, but you still want to support, there's a Steam Greenlight page too.

Main Site
Forums
Greenlight