Thread: Gunscape

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Level

Gunscape

So, there's been this game in development for a while called Gunscape. It started development early this year,

The game's actually pretty early in development, as to be expected with a game that just started, but they're close to the beta stages. While the game's in alpha, it has a free demo, so if you're considering trying it out you should do so now. Simply put, it's a hybrid of a lot of classic FPS games, such as Doom, Quake, and TF2, and Minecraft. You can make your own levels, and then battle your friends on them. It's Quake influences are really showing at the moment, but they're trying to linger away from it.

Right now, the game is really struggling, because there isn't a solid playerbase. People are always coming and going, so most of the time, no one is playing in a very multiplayer-based game, which isn't good. Even if this isn't your type of game, if you could spread the word it'd really help. I made a Steam group to organize matches, but I'm not here to advertise my group.

If you enjoy it, you might want to buy a copy. Founder status is only $10 USD, and you unlock everything that they will later charge, so it's totally worth it's price. I think anything past Gold Founder is a little pricey, though, so I wouldn't go for it. If you have no money, but you still want to support, there's a Steam Greenlight page too.

Main Site
    Forums
    Greenlight
    <Rob> i'll fangle your dangle

Level
    I've been really into Doom for awhile and I can already tell that this game a grand idea. It's just a shame my laptop can't run it very well without constant frame lag when staring down any model ;_;

I seriously need a new computer someday...

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper the Fox View Post
    It's just a shame my laptop can't run it very well without constant frame lag when staring down any model ;_;
    What mode is this in? If you're trying the Building mode, then that runs really slowly comparatively to Shooting mode. I have had a level in Build mode where it runs near 5fps, but when I test it in Shoot mode it runs at a solid 60fps.
    <Rob> i'll fangle your dangle

Level
    Oh... I would like to test it but, sadly, the router we have at my vacation won't allow to download this... or I could with 10kb/s ><
    Also, the unecessary tire seems interesting, as the probable lumerberjack =P
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    Shooting mode, never got into building mode too much

yes it sucks that much