Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why is this board so... inactive?

Level
    So like I bought a Wii U and forgot what an SRB2 is, so yeah...

Honestly, it just seems like a dead community and we don't really hold any meaningful discussion anymore (rofl look at me rising from the dead after a year and talking like I know this forum's current situation).

k

Level
    Because no one plays SRB2 anymore.

Level
    I still play SRB2 on an active basis, and still work on mods for it. This... just isn't the place to get any feedback for it. The SRB2 message board, while strict with the attitudes of others, still has a somewhat active community and I still get along with them. I don't really know what to call the Skybase, considering no one on it really cares about SRB2 all that much anymore. It could probably start being it's own thing outside of SRB2 entirely. Maybe something involving DWYW or whatever the heck.

you know i only joined this thing initially because someone forced me to join (but I forget who exactly)

Level
    Like I said COMPLETE RENOVATION! this place shouldn't be called the skybase anymore it needs a new name, and maybe a new background, put the chat in the portal page as well as offer game downloads and maybe delete some forums.
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper the Fox View Post
    you know i only joined this thing initially because someone forced me to join (but I forget who exactly)
    methinks it was the alien guy

k

Level
    I myself even forget that I have to work on SRB2 MD sometimes because of TF2 and Wind Waker HD (ikr, it took me time to decide to buy this awesome masterpiece)
    and all... and even if I had more time, level designing in srb2 is painful, same for all those poorly optimized characters (and frame system in general). Worst being SOC enemies that always take thousand of lines.
    The srb2 comunity IS dying because of the lack of content added to the game, shitty servers with 10 years old hosts/admins and the worst netcode ever... But we can't say it's dying very fast; the game is here since 1998~9 (don't remember) and still here today.

Now if you excuse me... I have...
    -To fish for triforce pieces in the sea,
    -Rank up my Wrench
    -Live life
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lat' View Post
    I myself even forget that I have to work on SRB2 MD sometimes because of TF2 and Wind Waker HD (ikr, it took me time to decide to buy this awesome masterpiece)
    and all... and even if I had more time, level designing in srb2 is painful, same for all those poorly optimized characters (and frame system in general). Worst being SOC enemies that always take thousand of lines.
    The srb2 comunity IS dying because of the lack of content added to the game, shitty servers with 10 years old hosts/admins and the worst netcode ever... But we can't say it's dying very fast; the game is here since 1998~9 (don't remember) and still here today.

Now if you excuse me... I have...
    -To fish for triforce pieces in the sea,
    -Rank up my Wrench
    -Live life
    Plus Sonic is dying as a whole since Boom no one likes sonic no more.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SegTindog View Post
    Plus Sonic is dying as a whole since Boom no one likes sonic no more.
    Just saying, Just because Sonic boom failed epicly doesn't mean people don't like sonic anymore. Just think about the good times and they will come back again~

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneFreak View Post
    Just saying, Just because Sonic boom failed epicly doesn't mean people don't like sonic anymore. Just think about the good times and they will come back again~
    I don't mean like that EXACTLY its just that boom was the last straw for fans of the series so no one really cares for it anymore, plus SRB2 is getting old and people who use to play it are getting older and older, and this forum isn't exactly the place where srb2 is mostly talked about.

Level
    I think that there's two core problems:

• SRB2 isn't what it used to be. Yes, there's many people still playing SRB2, but not as much as say, during the 1.09.4 and mid-late 2.0 eras. Having another forum for SRB2 spreads the community thin.
    • The point of another community. As stated above, there's not really a need for one.

Putting all this in perspective, though, I think we're doing fine. It's a miracle that we have 5+ people here, posting, relatively active.

Ironically, this thread has garnered many replies. Inactive, huh...

I'll see about putting some Skybase-exclusive SkyLua previews and releases on here to get things more...active?
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast