Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Runners

Level
    The tutorial is annoying every second a window pops up telling you something but everything else afterwards if okay, the game seems very fun though.
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SegTindog View Post
    The tutorial is annoying every second a window pops up telling you something but everything else afterwards if okay, the game seems very fun though.
    It's not that bad, and it's only for the first level or two. Honestly I appreciate the tutorial instead of just throwing you into the game like some games do.

Level
    wow,wait a minute i want to ask all of you did you guys played or still playing sonic dash or sonic jump fever,i do.

Level
    Err, "Mobile devices"? Does this include IPod Touch?
    SRB2 Name: Professor-Hedgehog
    SRB2 Server Name: The Professor's Lab
    SRB2 Projects:
    S1RB (Sonic 1 Mod - Reboot)

Level
    Yes. I believe it's on iOS and Android.

Husbando to a special kitty~♥

Level
    a
    Quote Originally Posted by TaskBarR View Post
    I figured I would post a ton of information from what I've seen playing the game so far.
    (BEWARE, THERE IS A LOT OF TEXT HERE. ;_; )

The game softlaunched yesterday, and I managed to get it by switching my account to a different region. (It's not out in the US App Store yet.) The game is an endless runner, you have to pick up rings and little gems to collect points. Destroying enemies and doing other things also earns you points. You need a certain number of points to progress, and if you don't have enough, you can just play another randomly generated stage to net you enough.

There is an Eggman miniboss after you reach a certain point in the level. The boss lasts for about 20-30 seconds, hitting Eggman drops a ton of rings which you can collect for points. (And for the sake of having rings.) After Eggman leaves, the level speeds up. This keeps repeating until you die.

After you collect enough points, you face Eggman in a true boss battle. There are several gimmicks that are used in each Boss Battle, that you need to manipulate in order to deal damage.

You can level up your character with rings, which raises stats and the time limit for items. There are also little partners you can hatch by going to a roulette, which aid you during the level.

Sonic can triple jump and spin dash when he reaches his top speed, Tails can fly several times in midair, and I don't know about Knuckles yet, since I haven't unlocked him.

There are also three wisps, Drill, Void, and Laser. They do the same things they do in Sonic Lost World.

- - - - - - - - - -

More info!

The story is very basic, with little episodes that show the small adventures Sonic and the crew have, constantly stopping Eggman's plans. Certain characters excel on a certain typed level. Sonic excels on grass type stages, and Tails excels in Sky Levels. (Which are just reskinned grass levels, really.) and Knuckles has his own scenery advantage too, but I haven't unlocked him yet to find out.

Another little bit of info on the partner system. On the roulette, there are several eggs which can be chosen by the spinner. The white eggs are common partners, sometimes uncommon. The grayed out eggs do something, I haven't figured out what yet. And landing on a Gold Egg gives you a special partner like Chip or Caliburn that help greatly in the levels.

The game starts getting harder by giving you less points in the levels, and requiring more to get to Eggman. There is a lives counter, like in many free to play games, however you can usually beat an episode before it runs out. After you clear an episode, the lives counter reverts to 5. There's been only once so far that I ran out and had to stop playing for a bit.

The levels also have two paths, one above, and one below. The upper path is usually harder to take, but can usually be accessed with a triple jump or Tails's fly. The upper path has a lot of skill involved, you have to bounce off enemies and use the character's abilities to earn the most points possible.
    Another interesting note is that the game doesn't have sound effects for collecting points, rings, or killing enemies. I assume they'll be added later.

There are also Red Rings. You can get them by clearing levels, or from beating up Eggman. These Red Rings will allow you to continue after you die, or if you have a lot of them, spin the roulette without collecting Chao eggs first. I currently have around 120 Red Rings. They're really generous with them. A lot of them came from the softlaunch celebration gifts.

More information will come when I progress further.
    cool info more more!!

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Should I get it? Or should it get me?

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    I hate that you need internet to play the game though, it just reminds me of how gameloft does the same crap and that makes me want to uninstall the app.
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SegTindog View Post
    I hate that you need internet to play the game though, it just reminds me of how gameloft does the same crap and that makes me want to uninstall the app.
    It pisses me off too but i think Sega will do a offline mode like Sonic Jump Fever had.
    Amateur of wading,drawing and Match

Level
    Well I never made it farther than the title screen with my phone; once it finishes to download content, the screen turns black... and stays so.
    Anyway I thought this game would be a good timewaster for those 10 mins break we have at school but if it even requires internet to be launched... Seriously, who gives a crap about online ranking and all?!
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast