Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lat's Super Smash Bros. 4 review!

Level

Lat's Super Smash Bros. 4 review!

Yup, I actually brought that... today.
    I can say this isn't worth Brawl, as a first thing, but, the game is wonderful for the 3DS's capacities!

Firstly, let's talk about characters, there are TONS of them, I actually like this!
    While some characters are actually decent, like the old ones and even newers, like Greeninja, PacMan or MegaMan, some are actually pointless, like Dr.Mario, which is just Mario that throws drugs instead of fireballs, or Dark Pit. Just. WTF. Is. That. IT'S PIT COLORED IN BLACK!
    Oh and also, they did French voices for Sonic, which are not so bad, even if some lines doesn't mean anything with what he's doing.

Now about features, the game lacks an adventure mode, I'm not talking about a one like SSBB's, but it NEEDS one, the Smash Adventure feels a little weird, beating enemies for getting upgrades for fighting is hum... a kinda great idea, but it's still a little boring, tough, there's still the old classic mod with the Master Hand, it even lets you fight the Crazy Hand if you wish, there are not requirements to fight it. Also, there are still Home Run Smash, and other things like that, like All Starz.

Also, you can also PERSONALIZE your characters! You can raise a stat while fucking up another! It's like Pokemon's EV distribution.
    For instance, an Offensive character will deal massive damages, but will also takes massive damages, a Defensive character will not take much damages and knockback, but will be slow as hell, finally, a Fast character will... move faster (SRSLY?), but his attacks will deal less damages.

And finally, the GAMEPLAY, the most IMPORTANT thing for a Smash IS the gameplay!
    Firstly, the items, I'm perfectly fine with some of them, but some feel unbalanced to my eyes, like that Stone Sword, which create Tornadoes if you do a Smash attack on sides. Also, Pokemons, they always felt important for a Smash, because you were always happy when you throw, or scared when someone else trhows a pokeball, was it gonna contain a mother fuckin guy? Now there's worse: the MASTER BALL. While being rare, it always pop up a Legendary Pokemon, while some are pointless (Victini, Xerneas, they just buff characters), some can easyly make you earn easy points, like Palkia, he returns the screen and inverts commands, Arceus, it attacks the whole stage, which forces you to use your shield, and eventually make yourself vulnerable to others attack, or even Giratina, that throws anyone he traps in his tornadoes out of the screen (Shield won't save you from knockback!)...

Anyways, I'm not giving this a number on 10, but I hope there will be more stuff in the upcoming Wii U version!
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Dr.Mario = Recolour Mario :]

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Dude View Post
    Dr.Mario = Recolour Mario :]
    He still throw illegal drugs!

Level
    The AI for the unlockable fights surprised me, they DEFINITELY made them a hell of a lot smarter. Also, Little Mac on Boxer Ring is OP as hell.

Husbando to a special kitty~♥

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnyx Onyxwing View Post
    Also, Little Mac on Boxer Ring is OP as hell.
    ~However he will never truly fly...~

See

Level
    For those whom may forget, we have a 3DS group, LINK for those looking for new friends to add for smash and such, you can also post pics there too.

Level
    The AI for the unlockable fights surprised me, they DEFINITELY made them a hell of a lot smarter. Also, Little Mac on Boxer Ring is OP as hell.
    Jigglepuff scared me because of how it spammed the damn shield once I tried to punch his face, and I just accidentaly push him on Zekrom's Fusion Bolt to kill him :3

Level
    I'm getting the game this week :]
    By Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!

Level
    The Duck Hunt dog... He's so GOOD.
    Also Luigi's final smash sucks.

Husbando to a special kitty~♥

Level
    The Duck Hunt dog... He's so GOOD.
    Also Luigi's final smash sucks.
    U DUNT SAY, ITS BEST EVARH.
    Luigi in general is bad, he is slippery... too slippery...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast