Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Emerald Isles for 2.1

1. The Emerald Isles for 2.1 Details »

The Emerald Isles for 2.1

Developer Last Online: Mar 2017
      Category: [Level Pack] SRB2 Version: v2.1.x   Rating: 
      Submitted: April 5th, 2015  
      WAD File Level(s)

The Emerald Isles, also what I like to call: "Sonic 3 And Knuckles: The Emerald Isles"

This mod was originally made by Kuja, who has moved on from this old level pack from 2.0. This Level pack handles differently than any other mod in SRB2.

The main goal is to obtain all 7 Chaos Emeralds by exploring through 6 other levels and beating the bosses. You will be spawned in Kuja's "scrapped" hub world, where you can choose one of the six stages. You can go after the special stages in the levels, which are MUCH MORE HARDER THAN IT SEEMS. There are also rewards like the ability to access the six special stages, as well as one I cannot spoil There is also a race stage and a Match Stage for those that aren't in the mood for co-op.

Thanks to Kuja for the permission to port this mod.
      Thanks to 'Lat' for the AMT Crawlas.
      Thanks to Xkower8181 for the EMT Crawla Boss.

Update: AMT Crawlas are beginning to invade some of the levels! They are now replacing the simple blue Crawlas. An unknown robot has appeared amongst the robots of Shale Village!

TheEmeraldIsles.wad

srb20059.pngsrb20054.pngsrb20057.pngsrb20053.pngsrb20056.pngsrb20055.pngsrb20060.png

Additional Notes

• Please be mindful of using other people's works. If the modification is not marked as "Re-usable Content", ask the developer for permission before using their work in your mod.

Level
    Alright, as I promised, I finally got through it after some progress to SRB2MD.
    ...SO!
    As you asked in the PM, I will try to do my possible to understand HOW works the LUA_EMER thing because I haven't yet, and I think I'll help fixing some issues in levels too.

About what was in the rest of the game, I really liked the difficulty added by my AMT crawlas They're so cut- (Shit Sylphie heard that...), this makes the levels much more enjoyable and sometimes frustrating. However, you should try to remove some robots, especially AMTs, as they replace Blue Crawlas, they're scattered everywhere, and having a bunch in front of you makes it like being an Engineer in front of an enemy Level2 Sentry. I also didn't really like having to fight the same Metal Sonic over, and over again, maybe you could try to use the one that came with New Horizons 1.0, it has a different attack pattern and is easier (Would fit first zones.) I'll also be here if you need a boss that does specific things, this will avoid having regular eggmobiles and Metal Sanics everywhere.
    Talking about Metal Sonic, the EIZ one is broken, it doesn't attack. You forgot the gather things.
    And to close things about bosses, the EMT Crawla seems a bit easy for a boss in an advanced zone such a SVZ, maybe it could be a miniboss or something? Or maybe make it do more stronger moves instead of the tiny baby green missile.

Anyway, I wish you luck with all of this, if you need help, I'll be here for the whole afternoon tomorrow (At least by French hours ) and obviously for the week end.

EDIT: Also, in the "new" Aquatic Labyrinth act 2, you've set Blue Crawla to things 2040 instead of 4020, as I played on the previous version, you may have already fixed this, but just to make sure that you're aware, I prefer saying it.
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    Okay, to clear a few points. Metal Sonic in EIZ was intentionally made to be Easy. I purposely didn't add the points because that would make the boss really frustrating. Also, I have noticed that, and I may have to remove a few another time, but not now. And oh s***, I didn't realize the things were wrong... (That what I get for not playing in the laggy first act.) Also, maybe its just my skills with playing this boss or something, but that boss is a little difficult, but to be fair its only one. I could've used your Giant Brown Crawla boss... But it was getting on my nerves when I tried to put it in a level. I'll starts working on some of the needed changes. (Also, if you have any unique suggestions for a better first boss than a half-assed Metal Sonic, please PM me for a response [I will not accept Eggmobile though]) Thanks for the review! I'll try to make the mod feel a little better than it is.

Level
    Mooncrap! Is this already dead? :C
    ...I promise I'll try to do something revelant for this next weekend. (Unless SOMEONE murders me before.)
    If ya have a boss idea, feel free to ask me to do it, this will help me to not get bo- *falls and bleeds*

Level
    Well, its not actually dead, just on hiatus as of now. Due to personal issues, I can't excessively work on this mod. I am making plans to replace some of the bosses like Twilight Pass' boss. But I'm trying my best not to duplicate bosses. Also, for a boss idea, I would like to see if there can be an EASY boss that isn't the eggmobile, and could fit well in Emerald Isles Zone. Also, the next major update will be on the MB. But its not planned to be checked out till April 25, 2015.

Level
    WAIT WAT SOMEBODY USED MY BOSS?!?!
    Yay! (ps. you have permission ok)
    Amateur of wading,drawing and Match

Level
    I was surprised to see my AMT either, don't worry.

Level
    Okay, so the judges never actually released the mod yet. It wasn't rejected, but was just never touched. The major update is still going to be on the MB, I just don't know when... (But if you are too anxious, you could always get it from my site.)

Level
    Joodges sometimes take a whole week to decide to even release something, don't worry.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lat' View Post
    Joodges sometimes take a whole week to decide to even release something, don't worry.
    Yeah just like my EMT Crawla was waiting forever to get judged
    Amateur of wading,drawing and Match

Level
    The thing with TEI 2.1 at the MB is that's it's here since 3 Weeks (I believe) waiting for its release.
    Same goes for my Sylveon which is waiting since 5 days, while some wads are getting released the day they're posted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast