Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sylveon! For the SKYBASE! NOWWWWWWW!

1. Skybase's Sylveon! 2.0.0! Details »

Skybase's Sylveon! 2.0.0!

Developer Last Online: Nov 2020
      Category: [Character] SRB2 Version: v2.1.x   Rating:  (2 votes - 5.00 average)
      Submitted: May 14th, 2015  
      WAD File Contains Lua Character(s)

Yes! Yes! Here it is! ... Where are you all? ...Why the fuck did you put only ONE star? ...Because I made it? I love you too <3
      Sylveon decided to get out of SRB2MD because it told me it didn't want to wait. So yeah.

In all seriousness; Sylveon has some custom abilities to make it unique compared to the vanilla characters. So, what can it do then?

Double Jump ability: Moonjump

Works just like TF2, it propels Sylveon in the air to a decent speed, allowing to get close to Sonic's! However, be aware that it will hurt you by 5 HPs (2 if you have your Light Screen activated.). It also leaves a fancy smoke trail behind your burning butt!

Moonjump gif

CUSTOM1: Moonblast

It's a projectile that explodes. Cool story, huh?!
      In all seriousness, fire it at your own risk, because you are gonna take Knockback from it! The knockback you take is relative to your speed and your aiming angle, meaning you can aim down in the air to get an extra jump, you can perform it after or before the Moonjump. It has a 5 seconds cooldown, if that matters.

Moonblast gif

CUSTOM2: LightScreen

A "tactical move" that allows you to divide any incoming damage by 2. However, it won't prevent Sylveon from loosing its Rings.
      Its effect lasts 30 second. However, it needs 60 more to recharge. The HUD will tell you when you can use it, and how long remains before you can, or before its effect disapears.

LightScreen gif

Boredoom Animation: Rest
      In case Sylveon needs some HPs to continue its robot genocide, it can always take a nap to regain HPs! You get 1 HP every 2 seconds by waiting.

Rest gif

SPIN (Standing): QuickAttack

Hold spin to charge Sylveon's Quick Attack.
      You can release it immediatly to propel yourself at your maximum speed, or hold the button a bit longer to get an extra 2 second boost locking you to Sonic's speed and destroying walls on touch.

Quick Attack gif

SPIN (Walking/Running): Slide

Press spin while moving to make a glide, allowing you to break through thin walls, enemies and to go under tight spaces. Be careful when you perform it as Sylveon will be out of control unless it falls or has no more horizontal momentum.
      Notes: The camera zooms because the glide scales the player to 2 / its size to let it go trough tight spaces. I also won't recommand using it when you are shrunk (ERZ2) as I am pretty unsure of the results that may occur.
      The slide does also not break monitors, neither than it damages bosses, P_RadiusAttack not affecting those mobjs, I will get on fixing those minor issues later.

Sliding gif

Advantages and disadvantages compared to other characters:

+) Sylveon uses an HP system, you will get used to it pretty easyly, don't worry. Sylveon still has a separate Rings counter that works like the other characters'
      +) Sylveon's custom abilties are very useful when used correctly. Once you master the Moonjump + Moonblast combo, Sylveon becomes almost as mobile as Tails.
      +) Sylveon can turn Super by itself in Single Player and Co-Op. Its abilties are buffed to a point where the Moonblast delay is divided by 10! You have no excuse to fall into bottomless pits. It uses the RINGS counter instead of the HP ones, now.

-) Sylveon in overall is slow and is pretty useless when it's out of HPs and cannot use Moonjump anymore.
      -) Sylveon's slide is a straight downgrade to the other characters' spin, not sending the player forward or even allowing them to glitch the game's physics.

Now the pratical question is:
      "Is Sylveon cappable of beating the SP campaign?!"

The awnser is yes. Make good use of your abiltiies, and you should be okay!
      Most custom levels can be completed too, the only exception being Toaster's Glacier Gear, as Sylveon cannot go farther than that one door that makes the player go in the 2D section. That's too bad, because I like this level =/

Anyway, have fun with that lil' Sylveon, but before I let you shove me deepier than the ground, go easy on me if it's about sprites, I know they are far from being good, and I'm ready to take critisiscm and advices. Let me know if something feels unbalanced or something like that too. And in case you're blind, screenshots (or rather gifs) are in the spoiler tags above.

Known glitches / issues:
      1) Some issues reguarding Moonjump and rope hang. You may get stuck on a rope if you land on it after a Moonjump. Press spin to free yourself in case that happens.

2) Sylveon may get stuck if it's directly facing a wall while gliding under a tight space, so don't be an idiot!

3) Sylveon's ring counter doesn't add the other player's rings if you play on the old special stages. But no one really gives a fuck as everyone hates those. Plus, they're broken; we can't see the timer anymore.

To-do list
      -Finish missing frames rotation (\2\8, running2running8, end of level signpost)
      -Optimise Lua lump. (LJ Sonik is here for that, that's his only purpose of living, making fun of my scripts =3)
      -Add a third CUSTOMx ability that has a point.

Special Thanks to LJ Sonik and Zipper for the help with the script.

Downloads

Additional Notes

• Please be mindful of using other people's works. If the modification is not marked as "Re-usable Content", ask the developer for permission before using their work in your mod.

Level
    Welcome to releases, and congrats on all your hard work

Level
    Thanks for that!
    I however have a problem concerning the HUD in multiplayer.
    If there are both Sylveon(s) and regular STK players, both Rings and HP huds are displayed which is pretty weird. I have yet to find a fix to this. This will come with other fixes reguarding the force shield not functionning properly and the armagedon shield not detonating.

- - - - - - - - - -

Updated attachement and fixed the fellowing bullshit!

*RINGS and HP HUD should no longer be overlapping if there are both Sylveons and other characters in a Multiplayer game. This has yet to be tested in a Multiplayer game tough.
    *Shields are now working the same way they do with other characters.
    *The LIGHTSCREEN text is now thinnier, to avoid it taking to much space on the screen.
    *Fixed the script crashing if the player was a spectator in RingsSlinger gametypes.
    *Fixed some animations.

- - - - - - - - - -

Oh my bad, sorry for triple post!
    I forgot about NiGHTS mode. The HP HUD and the limitations it gives to Sylveon are now disabled when playing a NiGHTS map.
    Sylveon can now get all 7 emeralds, even tough it cannot do anything with them... yet.
    Attachement updated.

- - - - - - - - - -

This is happening
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    This is neat and all but if I were you, I would just create a Pokemon level pack or mod that solely focuses on Pokemon. It's a loooong way though, but it can be done.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Eh eh, I can see you didn't even heard about SRB2 bullshit that were going on since all those months.
    http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=40296

I did those sprites for ^THIS^ mod (It's also on the Skybase, but I was lazy to rewrite my post after this.)
    I just wanted to release it separatly because it would be way to long to wait for MD to come out first.

Anyway, Sylveon's Super form is done, it will come with a fix reguarding NiGHTS mode, probably new animations (running, slide (to destroy walls))
    However, when Sylveon turns Super, the C3 button becomes unusable, becaue of Super not taking damage outside of Match, I decided to disable LS for it. If you want to suggest an OP super signature ability, go ahead! =3

Level
    This is great! Its pretty fun to use against crawlas

Also I have managed to outlast metal sonic in ERZ3, thanks to the power of moonjump, saaaadly I alway die in that gravity flipping part

But yeah, its a pretty great mod for srb2 and one of the best ones I have used to far :L

Level
    When used correctly, the Moonjump is really effective in SRB2. It allows to take shortcuts faster than with Tails's fly ability sometimes.
    And crawlas are not the only thing getting destroyed. Bosses in general can be resumed by CUSTOM1.
    Anyway, I trained Sylveon a bit, and now it has 252 Speed EVs!

(I have to animate the ribbons better on the last pic, seriously.)

Sylveon became so fast that it broke physics and logic.
    Imagine how much it (doesn't) hurt to have your leg spin like that!

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lat' View Post
    Eh eh, I can see you didn't even heard about SRB2 bullshit that were going on since all those months.
    http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=40296
    Ayyy wth am I saying?

Sorry ol' chap!
    Keep up the work!

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    I'm almost done with the running frames!

But I'll continue tomorrow. Goodnight!

Level
    Oh my god, those running frames are adorable.

Husbando to a special kitty~♥

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast