Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SRB2 Riders 2.1 (kinda)

Level

SRB2 Riders 2.1 (kinda)

Back in the beginning of SRB2 2.1, I started working on this mod to not only have a big racing mod, but to also have racing levels in general.

This mod is currently in beta form, as some obvious riders features are missing.

This mod was made to work in SRB2 2.1 only, I highly reccommend you use that Startup.bat that HitCoder thankfully made for me. It's the only way the character will be in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Duon's Trunk of Junk Website
    The 2.1 Riders mod that I constructed is now being remade. As of now it's currently in a beta form. There are now two different types of tracks: Rider and Foot Racing. Only the riders in the pack will change forms. If they are on open tracks (Riders or Kart), they will automatically ride on their board. Otherwise, they will race on foot. The boost button is now custom button 1, due to glitches with the new changes. The boosts also varies between the characters, Speed characters will have the fastest boost, but the longest recharge time. Flying character will have the weakest boost, but the quickest recharge time. Power characters will have a balance between the two boosts. The rival racer (Jet, Eggman, Crawlahoncho) has now been re-recorded to balance out the racers. Metal City went through a few changes to keep the level looking good, and to balance out the springs at the end. Copyrighted unreleased content has been removed from the mod entirely. This mod will definitely be a good mod to race around in for the future of srb2. (Until Kart 2.1)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6irfmw5ek...elsv2.rar?dl=0

Honestly I'm just looking for suggestions and help. I don't even know If i should go with the Air gimmick from Riders or not, or even figure out how to make a drift mechanic for the boards.

Level
    Very nicely done! It is very fun! Awesome Shadow, awesome riders. A few glitches though, but I found fixes. Boosting in some maps makes you change colors. Just turn of Mario mode in these maps. Also could you make it work in single player too? I love how it is so far, and would like to implant it in my single player mod, with one act in each zone using it as a gimmick! Please keep working on this!

PS. Just noticed your other wads. They are awesome!

Level
    The only reason why I haven't worked on Single Player, is because the player has no purpose in single player, if I knew how to make each race like the metal sonic race in ERZ3, I would do it. The Mario mode glitches are out of my power, and honestly, I do want to have some Mario fit into the riders pack since it is obv lacking kart material. Also thanks, I love to please the lower half of the community.

Level
    I believe you make a lindef executor that starts the space countdown after X time has gone by.

Level
    Its not just that, I have to create a lap system for SP, and have a way to track Metal. But still, you are free to show me how you can set a timed executor for space countdown.

Level
    As far as I'm aware Lua can override gametype on its own, and even if you can't do it in that particular way, retrieving informations on Metal Sonic (a mobj) and throwing them on a hud isn't hard either; all you'd have to do is basically kill the player if Metal finished the race before you. You should ask help to Tamkis in the SRB2MB, he has a kinda functional system with his WIP sonic R mod.
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    I did talk to Tamkis, but unfortunately, he had to fix some bugs with what he's working with netcode wise, and he kinda just died. I'll try to talk to him soon though.

- - - - - - - - - -

New problem: SP CANNOT BE SUPPORTED. Turns out the checkpoint system is a little unforgiving if the player happens to die before crossing the finish line. They'll respawn at the last checkpoint they were at... I'm not sure if there is a way i can create a SP lap system with lua. But until then SP is unsupported.

EDIT: The mod has gone though an update. Now there are 3 different launchers. 1 for STK (Vanilla), 1 for Babylon Rogues' addition (Rivals), and the main one which was included first. Tamkis has allowed me access to the beta of the MS hud stuff. Now the Opponent can be tracked on the track, and can determine whether you win or lose the race. Be careful though, It's very buggy in netgames. Because I was curious, You can access Metal City in single player, its functional, but none of the racing materials will appear, making the level unbeatable, alongside the space countdown that kills you as the opponent crosses the finish line.

- - - - - - - - - -

New update: The 1-up monitor is removed from the Random Box. as it was just an insta level 3. The riders now go faster when they get invincibility (They get +10 speed when invincible no matter what level), as well as they level up; Speed characters get +2 speed per level, Flying characters get +4 speed per level, and Power characters get +3 speed per level.

Level
    Alright so I just tested this, and boy does this look good for a start.
    There are sure some things you can improve, even in the HUD:

The speed-gauge isn't really worth the space on the HUD, it's kinda big and useless considering you already have a nice and easy speed-o-meter.
    You should display the required ammount of Rings next to its HUD, using DrawNum in Lua. This thing also seems to lack an air gimmick, I think I'll get my paws on this and start working on one. Should be pretty easy.
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    Thanks for the reply and support, because I truly need it. Also as we just discussed on Skype, I do wish for the best for you on creating the air gimmick, now if I could only figure out drifting...

EDIT: Unfixable issue: Due to the large amount of lua used for this mod in general, levels WILL INDUCE LAG AT TIMES (INCLUDING THE LAP 3 SPEEDUP). This is completely out of my power, and honestly, each line of lua is needed for the mod to work properly.

Djt3chn0len is offline This place is getting empty...
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,016
    Overall activity: 0%
    Level
    To be honest I'm sure it's hardly gonna be any different than the 2.0 version.
    No idea but enjoy this scenery... i guess?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast