Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [WIP]Wildskit SRB2 WAD

Level

[WIP]Wildskit SRB2 WAD

this is my first time making a wad and kinda need suggestions on how to make it look accurate o.=.o
    This is her reference
    Wildskit The Wolf.png
    She is a wolf
    Thanks
    this is a attempt that does look goodWildskit.png Thanks
    Love a better quality
    Some of the sprites don't work, tested the wad already, going to need some help since its my first time :V
    Progress
    6.80%
    Finished
    WildskitWIP.pngWildskit2.pngWildskit3.pngWildskit4.pngWildskit5.pngWildskit6.pngWildskit7.pngWildskit8.pngWKNAME.pngWSCHAR.pngWSd0.png
    better quality WIP
    Wildskit9.png

base for the char is from here http://cookiecanniblesofiel.devianta...Base-179199064
    Attached Images Attached Images

Level
    See, Fleshbows? You're not the only one that was looking like bullshit ever since I started you!

Alright, let my filthy ribbons get deep into that, as I see you're beginning, I'm not gonna be harsh, don't worry.
    By what the incompetant spriter I am can tell, there are some problems when comparing her sprite to her reference:

-Firstly her ears are looking way too small, don't be affraid about making them higher!
    -Her eyes are too spaced, try making them like in the reference!
    -The cyan fur thingy is missing, kinda.
    -Her head in general is too much horizontally squashed; make it few pixels higher.
    -Her belly is kinda fat, it should be closer to the reference, again.
    EDIT: Also what is her size? Here she's looking like half a Sonic (or a Sylveon), is she meant to be that small?

The sprite in general would need some shadding and anti-aliasing, this would only make it look better.
    Hope that I helped, you'll also need some serious dedication if you want to suceed making a somewhat good character WAD because of the ammount of frames needed, I've been (and am still) working on Sylveon for over a month. I would gladly send an edit of your sprite for you to get something to base on but I'm not on my computer, sorry, I'll do my best to give you something to continue on tomorrow.
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lat' View Post
    See, Fleshbows? You're not the only one that was looking like bullshit ever since I started you!

Alright, let my filthy ribbons get deep into that, as I see you're beginning, I'm not gonna be harsh, don't worry.
    By what the incompetant spriter I am can tell, there are some problems when comparing her sprite to her reference:

-Firstly her ears are looking way too small, don't be affraid about making them higher!
    -Her eyes are too spaced, try making them like in the reference!
    -The cyan fur thingy is missing, kinda.
    -Her head in general is too much horizontally squashed; make it few pixels higher.
    -Her belly is kinda fat, it should be closer to the reference, again.
    EDIT: Also what is her size? Here she's looking like half a Sonic (or a Sylveon), is she meant to be that small?

The sprite in general would need some shadding and anti-aliasing, this would only make it look better.
    Hope that I helped, you'll also need some serious dedication if you want to suceed making a somewhat good character WAD because of the ammount of frames needed, I've been (and am still) working on Sylveon for over a month. I would gladly send an edit of your sprite for you to get something to base on but I'm not on my computer, sorry, I'll do my best to give you something to continue on tomorrow.
    thanks bud, I Will take your advice

Level
    The start of her head looks way better IMO!
    Before you continue, I forgot to state that it's a good idea to use SRB2's green color instead of the color you want to be changeable
    You also have to do the shading with strong color, it's a good idea to skip 1 color to avoid the game using multiple times the same color in the ones that seem different for the original sprite, because this is likely to happen in low-paletted colors, like the pink.
    I guess the changeable color will be her blue fur here, so it's a good idea to try doing the same thing I'm doing to Fleshbows:

With those differences, the game rendering is not even comparable:

With pink:
    Rest gif

With green + strong shading
    Huge screen

Level
    The start of her head looks way better IMO!
    Before you continue, I forgot to state that it's a good idea to use SRB2's green color instead of the color you want to be changeable
    You also have to do the shading with strong color, it's a good idea to skip 1 color to avoid the game using multiple times the same color in the ones that seem different for the original sprite, because this is likely to happen in low-paletted colors, like the pink.
    I guess the changeable color will be her blue fur here, so it's a good idea to try doing the same thing I'm doing to Fleshbows:

With those differences, the game rendering is not even comparable:

With pink:
    Rest gif

With green + strong shading
    Huge screen

Thanks for the advice again ill try to do a changeable color on her

Level
    Wow, now it looks gigantic!
    When I told you to make it a bit bigger, hear by that that I wasn't sure of the proportions!
    Here it looks as large as like 3 Sonics (Yes it's an unit.)
    The first tiny sprite was good, all it needed was the eyes you've done (smaller tough.) there and a thinnier body.
    You should take a look at SRB2's official sprites to get yourself an idea of the size. You can find them in player.dta (You can open it with any wad editor, like XWE or SLADE.)

Level
    Wow, now it looks gigantic!
    When I told you to make it a bit bigger, hear by that that I wasn't sure of the proportions!
    Here it looks as large as like 3 Sonics (Yes it's an unit.)
    The first tiny sprite was good, all it needed was the eyes you've done (smaller tough.) there and a thinnier body.
    You should take a look at SRB2's official sprites to get yourself an idea of the size. You can find them in player.dta (You can open it with any wad editor, like XWE or SLADE.)
    I can resize it when i finish :3, the smaller one i couldn't do it the way i wanted lol, this one looks better
    ill take a look at them

Level
    I'm sorry but..is the head meant to be that big? It looks a little ridiculous in my opinion. Compared to the reference picture that is.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneFreak View Post
    I'm sorry but..is the head meant to be that big? It looks a little ridiculous in my opinion. Compared to the reference picture that is.
    yea tried to make a smaller form, kinda not good so i kinda took a break from the project

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wildragonhooves View Post
    so i kinda took a break from the project
    While usually take break from some projects of mine they usually get unofficilialy get cancelled XD
    Amateur of wading,drawing and Match

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast