2 66.67%
  • Nvidia Shield

0 0%
  • Other

1 33.33%

Thread: Nexus 9 or Nvidia Shield

Level

Nexus 9 or Nvidia Shield

On monday I am going to buy a new tablet since my Acer Iconia is to shitty to use and I see many similarities between both Tegra K1 tablets but the 64bit processor on the Nexus 9 really catches my eye, I am getting either one for its speed and features, and since I'm kind of the gaming person and I have been on youtube looking at videos of the dolphin emulator being played on both devices:

That really catches my eye since I do wanna have a device that can play gamecube/wii games at good enough speeds and can play games good period!
    But there are other things both tablets seem to off...
    So I am here to ask you guys which tablet I should buy.
    Hopefully someone who had or used either device can help me out, or someone who is a tech person!
    But everybody's inputs are welcome.

- - - - - - - - - -

Kinda have till tuesday at most so if some off you are online please guide me in either direction...
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    Well, they're kinda the same, are they?
    And both seem to run the games pretty smooth, even tough, I find the Nvidia Shield running faster, or perhaps it was just the camera quality from the NSMBWii records.
    The choice is still up to you, I guess.
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lat' View Post
    Well, they're kinda the same, are they?
    And both seem to run the games pretty smooth, even tough, I find the Nvidia Shield running faster, or perhaps it was just the camera quality from the NSMBWii records.
    The choice is still up to you, I guess.
    Thanks for this, I decided with the Nexus 9 in the end, I'll also be making a thread specifically for videos on the Nexus 9 showcasing dolphin games in a few weeks, hell maybe some day a techno lounge will be created!

Level

Level
    The true answer is to build a gaming desktop and call it a day

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post
    The true answer is to build a gaming desktop and call it a day
    Looking for something portable but thnx!

Level
    In all seriousness, if you want to game on a computer, or any device that is not a home console, A desktop meant for gaming is one of the only best options, yes powerful tablets and laptops do exist, but at the cost of double or more of a desktop of the same power, and not to mention the durability a desktop can provide. I have a 3DS for all my portable gaming needs, and a laptop (worth 1K upon research of the gift) that can handle most games at a decent speed (30 fps on certain games, 60 for basically anything 2011 or older).

In short, unless you have a good amount of cash, and often find yourself traveling/waiting then I could see it being worth it, but otherwise I recommend a desktop and a 3DS or something

Level
    In all seriousness, if you want to game on a computer, or any device that is not a home console, A desktop meant for gaming is one of the only best options, yes powerful tablets and laptops do exist, but at the cost of double or more of a desktop of the same power, and not to mention the durability a desktop can provide. I have a 3DS for all my portable gaming needs, and a laptop (worth 1K upon research of the gift) that can handle most games at a decent speed (30 fps on certain games, 60 for basically anything 2011 or older).

In short, unless you have a good amount of cash, and often find yourself traveling/waiting then I could see it being worth it, but otherwise I recommend a desktop and a 3DS or something
    I already had 2 3DS and tbh I don't play them no more, I don't just want either tablet for just gaming but for other things as well, I want to keep up with technology and these two tablets have the best hardware on the market right now(aside from the surface tablets) while my PC can run dolphin really well I want to do other things on the go and tbh these tablets seem like the best ones to do that!

Level
    Desktops aren't built only for gaming either, almost anything a phone or tablet does, a computer can replicate or replace entirely most times. Also dolphin is horribly optimized, and should not be used to base your computer's power, especially since some games will be more powerful than others (ex: Animal Crossing vs. Zelda Twilight Princess)

- - - - - - - - - -

It's your choice, I'm just making a suggestion

Level
    Desktops aren't built only for gaming either, almost anything a phone or tablet does, a computer can replicate or replace entirely most times. Also dolphin is horribly optimized, and should not be used to base your computer's power, especially since some games will be more powerful than others (ex: Animal Crossing vs. Zelda Twilight Princess)

- - - - - - - - - -

It's your choice, I'm just making a suggestion
    But desktops aren't portable either, I'm not saying that my PC is powerful based from playing Dolphin. My PC can infact play just about every game I wanted to play perfectly fine, its just that I am mostly a Mario & Sonic person so Dolphin is usually what I play when i'm not doing anything IMPORTANT on my computer, even if I were to get a gaming PC(which I totally can't afford nor would I want to get) it would have to go in my hot ass garage and I totally don't want that...these 2 tablets can pretty much do anything you'd ever want to do on the go from a PC...