Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Super anyone?

Level

Dragon Ball Super anyone?

So yeah what do you guys think of it? I'm pretty into it despite me not understanding a lick of Japanese of Chinese or whatever lmao,but that's what captions are for.....
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    Meh. It's better than GT so far so I i like it, I just want the retelling over with, Bring on the new stuff.

Level
    Super has been a disaster. It's literally just a cash grab. Animation, story, music,... everything has been extremely below industry standards. Toei just wants to see how much money they can make with as little effort as possible.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by XSpeedGodX View Post
    Super has been a disaster. It's literally just a cash grab. Animation, story, music,... everything has been extremely below industry standards. Toei just wants to see how much money they can make with as little effort as possible.
    Do you have any evidence of this being below standards?

Level
    I've seen it, it's pretty meh. I've only seen up to the middle of the Beerus fight, but some of the animation does look very derpy. The series has been through derpy animation, though, due to different animators.
    But still

I understand that movie quality needs to be better than TV quality, but still.

Husbando to a special kitty~♥

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post
    Do you have any evidence of this being below standards?
    You can look at Demnyx's reply for some animation evidence.

Dragon Ball Super is literally a cash cow. Judging by your response, I'm assuming you're just a dragon ball fan and not an anime fan. When comparing this work to modern anime, DBS comes off as boring, poorly done, and...well, bad. Heck in the animated series world of today DBS is pretty low on the list.

The only well animated episode was episode 1. If you noticed, the quality slowly dipped which each passing episode until 5 where it hit rock bottom.
    The rest of the show proceeded to keep the animation quality that episode 4 had. The whole anime so far is one huge filler. Pointless episodes where the writers are obviously dragging their feet in an attempt to produce as many episodes as possible without having to think up of anything original. Have you seen recent animes? Have you seen OnePunchMan? Heavy Object? Heck even Rakudai Kishi no Calvary or Gakusen Toshi Asterisk? (These last two that I mentioned are terrible in the writing deparment but they're certainly better than DBS.) I mean, I thought it'd be kinda obvious now that all their doing is filler and cash grabbing when they spent 25+ episodes retelling events that could be told in less then 4 hours. Many of the other debates that I've been involved in regarding this topic had people who threw the argument "Well! This is a long running series! Quality might not be as good as series that just last for one season!" I will now reply with a big "shut the fuck up." Long running series may have an impact to animation quality as there will be animators swapping off constantly but not to this extent. Look at Naruto Shippuden. Hell, look at the original dragon ball/dragon ball z. Absolutely no excuse.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by XSpeedGodX View Post
    You can look at Demnyx's reply for some animation evidence.

Dragon Ball Super is literally a cash cow. Judging by your response, I'm assuming you're just a dragon ball fan and not an anime fan. When comparing this work to modern anime, DBS comes off as boring, poorly done, and...well, bad. Heck in the animated series world of today DBS is pretty low on the list.

The only well animated episode was episode 1. If you noticed, the quality slowly dipped which each passing episode until 5 where it hit rock bottom.
    The rest of the show proceeded to keep the animation quality that episode 4 had. The whole anime so far is one huge filler. Pointless episodes where the writers are obviously dragging their feet in an attempt to produce as many episodes as possible without having to think up of anything original. Have you seen recent animes? Have you seen OnePunchMan? Heavy Object? Heck even Rakudai Kishi no Calvary or Gakusen Toshi Asterisk? (These last two that I mentioned are terrible in the writing deparment but they're certainly better than DBS.) I mean, I thought it'd be kinda obvious now that all their doing is filler and cash grabbing when they spent 25+ episodes retelling events that could be told in less then 4 hours. Many of the other debates that I've been involved in regarding this topic had people who threw the argument "Well! This is a long running series! Quality might not be as good as series that just last for one season!" I will now reply with a big "shut the fuck up." Long running series may have an impact to animation quality as there will be animators swapping off constantly but not to this extent. Look at Naruto Shippuden. Hell, look at the original dragon ball/dragon ball z. Absolutely no excuse.
    Honestly it's sad that they have to fix all the issues with it in the blu-ray releases, Sure many other anime do it but it's just not as thrown out there as badly as DBS does it. They're just using the hype from the recent movies to make money as you've stated. Especially considering the year DBS came out in the animation is downright pitiful, and since it's obviously representing the dragon ball franchise now it's just..dieing out. on a side note I personally fine Naruto's animation swap to have made a huge difference seeing from how early shippuden was to the point where it's at now just amazes me.

Level
    Unfortunately, the blu-ray isn't going to do much. The animation will still be below industry standard regardless considering if they want to put it AT standard they pretty much have to redo every episode aside from episode 1. Cleaning up the animation will also not cure the undeniable fact that the series so far is just a giant filler. The writing will still be bad and boring.

Level
    Honestly you're right. it was disappointing to see BoG and RoF thrown into something that was supposed to be a new adventure in the DBZ franchise but it just ends up being a giant filler like you've said but with like, minor differences compared to the actual movies themselves. Hopefully the writing gets better as it goes on, as for the animation as well.

Mr.Black is offline おおあっ! びっくりしたァーっ
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 947
    Overall activity: 0%
    Level
    It's Toei. What were you expecting?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast