Thread: sc_eggmanbasezone.wad

Level

sc_eggmanbasezone.wad

i did have make a level.

the level have 7 emeralds. and 1 special stage token.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Level
    Any WIP stuff should go into SRB2 WIP Factory while any completed projects should be submitted into SRB2 Modifications > Submissions. SRB2 General isn't a forum to show off your work. I've removed the download link.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    Apparently the attachments were lost in the moving process - Colby seemed to have moved and unlocked this thread. You can upload your WAD and screenshots here now.

Level
    Okay...some feedback:

1) Rings are glued to the floor. They should be floating - I forget the flag you need to set to make them float, but you can probably find out.
    2) The level select image is Greenflower Zone.
    3) Everything feels way too cramped, especially the ceiling.
    4) Bottomless pits are usually not a good idea to throw around a lot in a level, especially when you're in a grounded base-type zone where it doesn't make sense to have bottomless pits.
    5) Too many enemies.

I'd recommend reading this: https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Level_Design_101

Level
    Update : dead pits are changed at the begin of the level.

Level
    Please keep in mind that these comments are just my opinion, you are not being forced to do anything, rather, this is what I would change to this personally.

-Brainstorm other possible names for the pack? "Eggman Base" is a little too simple, and makes it hard to stick out when people are referring to your mod.
    -Enemy spam in rooms is a little much, especially when I can see many robots taking out others just attempting to shoot at the player
    -Tight hallways at the start are not necessarily a bad thing, but feel more like air vents compared to the size of rooms which open up
    -The maze-like section in the beginning could be used more effectively to hide items such as shields, lives, or rings.
    -Death pit right near the beginning might not be the best, as stated before.
    -Rings need to be given the float flag
    -More rings should be placed about to guide the player in the direction they should be heading
    -Emeralds could be hidden in different places, for example, finding the green chaos emerald within the first minute of playing doesn't seem to make much since in general context of Sonic games.
    -All seven emeralds in a single level may not be the best idea, unless you plan to turn this into a very long level with a lot of exploration.
    -Adding colormaps to the water can be very helpful and pleasing to the eye, more on that [here] [https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Water_design]
    -The use of 3 Eggman bosses in this level feels a little strange, especially with a horde of robots surrounding them in the level.
    -The bosses can be skipped by simply going to the goal, if you plan to leave the bosses, or even a single boss in, consider making a door that opens only after defeating Eggman.

Overall this has potential, with several themed sections to the level with various platforming, exploration, branching paths, and more. As Sky said, read up on Level Design 101 and keep working at this idea.