Thread: What Drives People To Stay?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Level

What Drives People To Stay?

This is something I've thought about for a very long time but I've only posted here now.
    With the Skybase being such a niche place, especially compared to its much bigger brother, the SRB2 Megaboard, what drives you guys, the few people that still read here relatively often, to stay at the Skybase? Why stay here?
    not trying to sound rude i really am just curious

Level
    A place to post every so often about games, chat with people who I cannot otherwise, and somewhere I can read up on things without being overwhelmed with too many updates at a given visit. Also the lax forum rules is nice to have.

Level
    Simply nostalgia, if that’s even the right word to use. Many people including myself sorta aged a few years being active members of this website. (My account on here is actually SuperWind later changed to SegTindog but it’s been like a year and a half since I last logged in here therefore I forgot my password so I made a new account.)

I usually pop back up on here once every 3 blue moons just to see how the site is doing or if it has been finally shut down...don’t know why I check back here because it’s always the same thing going on here...absolutely nothing but yeah...NOSTALGIA!!!!!
    The site has simply Lost it’s charm and majority of us just grew up and out grew SRB2, and many outgrew or got tired of the sonic game series in general.
    Just looked at the MB and even the activity on there isn’t what it use to be but it’s still going “strong” I guess����*♂️
    I don’t know, many of us just have more important things to do than spend time on a fangame website, but like I said some people like me check back every now and then just for memories.
    Hope this answers your question, adios.

EDIT: Just saw the trailer for v2.2 of SRB2 and it looks amazing, looks very different to me, so different that I’m afraid of playing the game again because I wouldn’t know what to do or where to go in it lol.
    Might start playing again, unfortunately that means doing the very crappy task of downloading new up to date WADs I believe...sooo maybe not.

Level
    To be totally honest, I'm not even sure anymore. I really haven't posted anything in probably a little over a year or so but I occasionally just check on the site.

Level
    I still check on this website once in a while to see what people I used to play with in SRB2 are talking about and doing nowadays, even though theres better ways now to figure that out, I am just to quiet of a person to talk to people nowadays.
    Last Post Winner since December 2015

Check out Park Valley in the MB
    Switch Friend Code: 8019-6265-2223

"Can't let you do that Star Fox." -Wolf