Thread: [WIP] SRB2 FreePlay - Mega Mod

Level

[WIP] SRB2 FreePlay - Mega Mod

SRB2 is a multi-part mod that is somewhat similar to SF94, but it will contain much more content, there will be modified Vanilla maps for players to hang around in, and also objects from other sonic games like Mania, and also replacements to the main game elements

UPDATE
    FreePlay core works with SRB2 Riders and SRB2 Top Down, expect to get maps for those EXE mods

FreePlay Core
    Hud Replacements
    Normal Hud

Bonus Hud

Lua Additions:
    Infinite Lives has been added as a command
    Sandbox mode with spawnobject command added
    Event system added
    Cheat mode with cheats
    Server info command with server description
    player join sound

Other extras:
    F1 menu replacement (Freeplay Server help)
    Shield split mod by Joat - This is used with the freedom planet core
    Time Lua by LJ Sonik

Hangout Maps
    Hangout Levels

(images are now in albums due to image limit)
    Jade Valley
    Noxious Factory
    Tidal Palace
    Greenflower Manor

FreePlay Resources
    Mania Objects
    Ice/Snow Spring

Spike Launcher

Sonic 1 Objects
    Album coming soon

Sonic 2 Objects
    Album coming soon

Sonic 3 Objects
    Album coming soon

Sonic CD Objects
    Album coming soon

Freedom Planet Core
    HUD - Normal mode

HUD - Health mode

Crystal

Life Petals

Shield Crystals/Extra Monitors

Card and Zen token

FreePlay RPG Maps
    A set of SRB2TD maps to come soon in a RPG styled way [Will add support for normal SRB2] (like M&L or Super Paper Mario)

Other Changes:
    Rings replaced with mania rings
    Race countdown replaced with mania's count down sprites
    Score numbers replaced with mania's score number sprites

Future Plans:
    Skill Testing maps (for different characters including modded characters)
    item ports from other sonic games
    Crossovers (like freedom planet core)
    Object Ports from my sonic engine (Like the blue rings and such)

Credits go to
    Team Sonic Jr for the wonderful SRB2 maps
    LJ Sonik for the Time Lua script
    Blaze The Cat for the Utility script
    Joat for the Inferno and Liquid shield (required for the freedom planet core and maybe other mods)

Current Test Version: Beta 0.5
    Creator of SRB2 FreePlay, the SRB2 server for anyone and everyone (Server up almost 12 hours a day for 7 days)

The mod is being tested Publicly since testing it this way is helpful for getting public opinion

Level
    Even with credit, I'm not sure the vanilla maps (or frankly most maps other make) are meant to be slightly modified and packed up. At best scripts to modify things to how you want it would be more effective and actually get reviewed if submitted ever. Although this is also going off the vague information given here about how it is like other packs and made to be a hangout level (which for all I know just means you removed the enemies from a level and re-packed it, maybe added a couple objects here and there).

In brief, I don't know what to make of this, but it sounds like you are just trying to repack slightly modified levels with a couple of scripts you thought were neat.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby Fox Kat View Post
    Even with credit, I'm not sure the vanilla maps (or frankly most maps other make) are meant to be slightly modified and packed up. At best scripts to modify things to how you want it would be more effective and actually get reviewed if submitted ever. Although this is also going off the vague information given here about how it is like other packs and made to be a hangout level (which for all I know just means you removed the enemies from a level and re-packed it, maybe added a couple objects here and there).

In brief, I don't know what to make of this, but it sounds like you are just trying to repack slightly modified levels with a couple of scripts you thought were neat.
    Those edits were to test my skills with the zone editor, but also to learn the editor before i went in to make my own map from scratch
    Edit: Greenflower Manor is one of my first levels to make from scratch

Edit: i also work better with a base than from scratch
    Creator of SRB2 FreePlay, the SRB2 server for anyone and everyone (Server up almost 12 hours a day for 7 days)

The mod is being tested Publicly since testing it this way is helpful for getting public opinion