Thread: A The Sims Wad Idea.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Level

Lightbulb A The Sims Wad Idea.

Hello! Well....i'm kinda new at this forum and also this post is about an idea tha popped up on my head.

First of all, maybe you could call this wad whatever you want.
    LifeSimulation.wad, SRB2Sims.wad, etc. And it would be based on The Sims 2, since is the most easily to do.

Here is basically i though it would be a good idea for a The Sims wad:

1. The Lots: They could be a map i've developed for this wad, it calls UnnamedLot.wad.
    Or some people could do your own lots whenever they want. (I recommend to make it without Furniture)

2. The Needs: I don't know where they could be on the screen, but i know i would be 3 avaliable needs.
    Hunger, Bladder and Fun.

3. The Buy/Build Mode: I think they could be localized on a Menu by pressing Custom Action 1, they could work with Sections.
    maybe Custom Action 3 be the option to open the Item Select Menu.

4. Interacting with Objects: When you press Custom Action 2, you should interact with the objects.
    Example: If you press Custom 2 near a Computer, you should choose what you want to do.
    Like Watch Funny Videos, Play SRB2, also the animations could be that Animated Textures.

5. The Jobs: They could work like......You need to go to the job? You will have a option to make your character work, or not and slack like a fat. (OKNO) If you choose to make it work, your character will be AFK until his job time ends. (The time function could be the Time.wad system, i dunno.....)

6. The Money/Simoleons: You could check how many you have on Buy/Build mode or typing checkmoney on console....very simple huh?

I don't know how to do Modifications so that's a problem. Anyway i only wanted to share this idea, now i want to know about you all, is that would be a good idea?

I hope someday this become reality anyway.

Sometimes Dreams Come True! (Hope i don't take time of anyone....).
    Santail13728

Level
    This sounds like an interesting idea, but the closest I could imagine something like this at the moment would be some kind of combination of scripting from SRB2 Top Down, SF94, and LJSonic's Building in game scripting. (all of which would require specific permission, and additional scripting to get closer to a sims like mod).

Not sure if Lua could do all this, but I don't know much of anything about it.

Level
    EmpiralMP v2.0.0 is planning to add an immersion system that is somewhat similar to the Sims.

Level
    Actually, the Job System could be unavaliable for a first version.....i think it would be too much hard to program a lot of Scripts in one single wad, i actually think the first version could let all of the items for free.

Also for the objects....they could be simple textures or a solid object, so the money and job system does not matter for now at least for me......

I'm actually trying to figure out how to mod, it seems hard, but i actually trying to search in all kind of websites.
    Santail13728