Thread: Srb2 Burnout/Venting

Level

Srb2 Burnout/Venting

I don't know how to start this off, but it feels like Srb2 as a whole is now getting kinda "lame" because its the same thing over and over again, add some wads, get all the chaos emeralds and beat the game, over and over.. and that it doesn't help that there isn't as many "good servers anymore, some are now just toxic or that the host is toxic or a "boomer" what ever that means... and of course there are players that wants the host to add some wads and change the game mode, and if they don't get their way, they just leave. like whats the point of joining to demand someone else to add those wads and change the game mode, if the owner of the server isn't going to do it? like that's just a waste of time.
    Don't Mind me.. just uh.. doing nothing at the moment

Level
    Now I'm not going to deny like any of that but, It really just depends on who the people you are in servers with.
    I would spend like hours just even talking with friends in servers but that really doesn't happen too often anymore as most of the people I know who played it have ceased to. The begging can be a little ridiculous at times but it's just unavoidable as many users of varying ages play the game, some are just likely to either ignore it or play along with it. but if you aren't looking to just hangout in game I can see why getting the chaos emeralds and beating the game over and over again get's boring though.

It's just a curse SRB2 has being that of a sonic game. 2.2 is still in it's early phases so it has nowhere near as many wads and variety that the 2.0 era had to offer. Just give it some time, I only even recently started playing it again but more so on the single player side. The multiplayer isn't the same anymore, for me that is.

Level
    As KitsuneFreak said in this thread, a large part of it is the company you find and keep while playing the game. There's also factors of getting what you want out of the game, looking at the master server list clearly conveys that Coop has always remained the biggest gamemode for many to play, others going ignored and not often hosted with enough players needed to keep them going with a more direct multiplayer basis compared to coop where having even 1 person is inconsequential. Thankfully the modding community is quite sizable, and I've found many ports of mods in 2.1 making their way fast into 2.2, and hopefully more big mods in the future. And if the idea of exploring mods does interest you, the 2.1 library has a lot to offer if you and some friends may be interested in that before some larger mods (such as the SUGOI, SF94, or others) make their way in.

Of course aside from all this there are still the other mods to try and enjoy if you haven't already, from the consistently popular SRB2kart, into some other mods like SRB2 Top Down with a unique style of play to try out.

And with the playerbase, as also covered before, there are people of all ages popping on, a lot of the older players aren't online in public games nearly as much anymore due to life circumstances and general feelings of having their mileage in the game spent aside from maybe checking out the large updates now and again. Overall I do hope you can still find ways to enjoy the game, experiment, or even take up learning some mod making yourself if you would like to bide your time that way.