Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Letting anyone join and do anything they please

Level

Letting anyone join and do anything they please

Okay, Skybase has gotten RIDICULOUS from when it first began. People left and right have started joining just because they're mad at the official Message Board, yes I know the mods and admins there are ridiculously strict but at least they keep idiocy to a minimum. Joining this forum is easy as a breeze and for people to literally just make an account to either troll or post things that no one would get but them mainly about their "fan characters" at that, but most of the threads here are usually things that could be discussed in a chat box or through PMs, it's boring. It's made the forum go inactive for a while because of this, and the overdose of idiocy has gotten pretty much EVERY thread on the entire forum locked. No one thinks for a second to use proper English when replying to these, most of them I can't even figure out what they're even trying to say! And heck, with all this nonsense it's like a training ground for trolls practically. I mean really, when trolls come along they aren't banned right away. They're ignored. Nothing is done about them for weeks and weeks until for whatever reason it's just simply considered to ban them. When they could've been banned weeks earlier and stopped. Really some people just post replies just to complain about what the thread actually is and some just type things that are so illiterate that it could make you puke.

[SIZE=7][/SIZE]All in all, what I'm getting at here is that there should be BETTER enforcement here on this forum rather then just locking threads.

It's like letting kids run wild on a playground. Some are bullies, some are just average idiotic kids, and some are just...there. Hangin' out...in the emo corner.

-Off-Topic-
    I made a topic, after so many years. Happy? ...Well you SHOULD be.

And could this forum stop being something always like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLyHNMOnLTs

Level
    so welcome in any time and any where
    The Lonely has Killed me
    I want Some FRIENDS

http://sonicwo.webs.com/

Level
    Not to sound mean or anything but I liked the skybase when it wasn't getting that much members (when that "whats with the lack of activity"thread was made.)And we REALLY need a new chatbox at least a chatango chatbox or something and I am getting sick of people joining and then the next day never coming online again.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to sound mean or anything but I liked the skybase when it wasn't getting that much members (when that "whats with the lack of activity"thread was made.)And we REALLY need a new chatbox at least a chatango chatbox or something and I am getting sick of people joining and then the next day never coming online again.
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Streakster View Post
    All in all, what I'm getting at here is that there should be BETTER enforcement here on this forum rather then just locking threads.
    So, what kind of enforcement? Should I hand out a ton of bans? Who should be banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer View Post
    So, what kind of enforcement? Should I hand out a ton of bans? Who should be banned?
    I think you should ban the people who are making the skybase "slow" do you know what I mean?

Level
    No Streak, people joining here just to troll... well horribly attempt to WAS the MB when the thread I made about them was still up. A shit load of people from the MB were joining left and right just to reply to that thread and attempt to troll members of the site. But I hope you realize by making this site strict allot of the active members will probably end up becoming permanetly banned. STUC and I hate strict as hell rules as if it was boot camp and users such as Super Wind and Fou Fou would probably get banned immediately. Then the site probably would lack some activity, so YOU Sky decide what you wanna do....

Level
    Why should I get banned speaking of banned what is this about me being banned 4 wks back.
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    I don't mean strict rules like they're trying to keep us in line at a jailhouse, I just mean things that could make things around here a lot more humble and reasonable. I'm not trying to FORCE you to do it, I'm trying to make a move at pushing away people who join and do nothing and when they do it's a conversation that could be held in a chatbox. But with the overload of members here, the chatbox wouldn't be possibly because it'd probably overload and lag every 5 minutes. It's just getting pretty annoying for people who contribute to this forum.

Level
    STREAK I hope YOU out of anyone here realizes that the only people that were to use the chat box back when it was still up (and yes back then the site was just as active as now) the only members that would use it were YOU, Steel, and Cyan. If the SRB2 Sky Base chat was setup again I'm not sure who would use it.

dage4 EX Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by SoniX View Post
    The only members that would use it were YOU, Steel, and Cyan.
    You kinda forgot me. :(

Anyway, I agree with Streakster. This place has been smashed since it was started.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast