Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RainbowDashV2.5- Now released!

Level
    Yes I understand what you say but a yellow Dash for super is just strange and it's why I made a super forum.

If you want I can PM you for a fly version.
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow"Dashy"Dash View Post
    "You could just always change the frames so it doesn't look like she's spinning.
    Is the Zoom Tube the only thing you have in defense? There barely any Zoom Tubes in srb2 so the point of you having a spin jump for that one element is silly."

So I have understand and I think to use FLY animations.
    But, is it possible to edit the WAD when it released...?
    Yes if you have SLADE, you can edit the frames and that other stuff after.

Level
    If she has a super form then how come she has her element of harmony on? I thought you became super by obtaining the seven chaos emeralds and not by putting on your element of harmony.

her super form stance is glitched, Rainbow Dash is white for some reason when she goes super
    She's white when she's super.

Husbando to a special kitty~♥

Level
    Hm so I don't know how to use SLADE, I use XWE all the times.

I just want to know if this is possible to edit the attachements after the WAD is released.
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow"Dashy"Dash View Post
    I just want to know if this is possible to edit the attachements after the WAD is released.
    It very much is.

On the other hand, if anyone wants a "no-spin" for whatever reason, I can upload it no problem. And those of you that want her to fly, get the original RainbowDash WAD.

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demnyx Onyxwing View Post
    On the other hand, if anyone wants a "no-spin" for whatever reason, I can upload it no problem. And those of you that want her to fly, get the original RainbowDash WAD.
    Well, I already have the original Rainbow Dash wad, and have had it since it's creation. Honestly if people know of both wads, they will most likely choose to add the original over this "improved" version you released. The reason (so you understand) why I am even bothering to tell you what is wrong with this wad in the first place is because it helps for people to understand how to improve their work. Additionally, when you are editing an existing wad, changes that you make should be able to be seen as an improvement over the original in some form. When you take a Tails-RE sprite and shove it into a wad to make a character who is supposed to fly curl up into some sort of ball, that isn't an improvement. It is also not an improvement to release a wad with a sloppy and visually apparent unfinished super form, nor is shoving a random Google search image to replace the existing character select screen image. I understand that this is "your" first wad (considering it is essentially an existing wad with a few mediocre changes and added sloppiness), but you should understand that criticism is supposed to help you with future projects. If you don't wish to take legitimate criticism to heart when making wads in the future (especially when your output quality is at this level), I suggest you refrain from wad creation. You will not be able to improve, until you are aware of the problems at hand, and actually decide to do something about it instead of making excuses.

The original Rainbow Dash had a few problems of it's own, and if these issues were attacked and the wad updated to resolve them, it could have made for an even better pony wad for SRB2 (probably the best one in existence, considering the general quality of pony wads for this game to begin with). One thing I can say you did attempt to fix in terms of these issues was the ability to change the character's color, which is a plus. The sprites themselves should probably be combed over and edited a bit to look better for SRB2 (although the original wad pretty much just conformed existing sprites to the SRB2 palette, a revise to fix apparent shading issues and other odd details (like the herp derp holding sprites) would have been wonderful. Also, seeing Rainbow Dash with a proper super form seems like a great idea, so long as it is actually finished, and not necessarily some fan super form or something ripped straight from DeviantART. The element of harmony on her neck wasn't a terrible idea, although the super form feels too off to really be considered an improvement over having no change when entering super mode.

I'm not trying to bring you down, I'm just trying to help you understand what is wrong with this wad, and what could be done to improve it. If you don't wish to listen to genuine constructive criticism, and want to make excuses instead of asking how to fix issues, or learning how to improve your wad creating abilities for the future, then stop making wads. As with anything you are trying to do, you are supposed to take in information and learn how to improve as you go along. So it's your first wad and it won't be perfect, but that doesn't mean it has to stay that way after being told what is wrong. Check out some tutorials, ask questions, immerse yourself in the topic. Otherwise all you are going to accomplish (both now and in the future in terms of wad creation) will be nothing short of lackluster.

Level
    The only thing I really contributed to the WAD was the crappy transformation frames. The only type of WAD creation I'm ever going to touch is level design, which I'm still pretty terrible at.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnyx Onyxwing View Post
    The only thing I really contributed to the WAD was the crappy transformation frames. The only type of WAD creation I'm ever going to touch is level design, which I'm still pretty terrible at.
    At least your transformation frames go together with the rest of the wad since they're crappy.

Level
    2.0 is it work on 2.1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12